• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. B-Day?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote
    B-Day?

A joke for "24" freaks tongue

Bauer Day! wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    It won't air in America for at least another 15 hours, so technically B-day is tomorrow for any of us. wink

Well yeah, technically you are right. Oh, don´t screw my day! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008 edited
    The fact that this thread is dominated by 2 people only in the form of chat, shows the actual quality of the series and its crappy music, imo biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Two of us, and you for some reason. rolleyes wink

Even with Lost there's only about 6 of us. I think Giacchino's music is a little more than three times as good as Callery's. wink

That is the best thing of Lost though - it's a MYSTERY. Theories and everything! 24 is just what you watch is what you get.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    three times? Too little wink As for the reason, i watch all the mt threads regardless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    The fact that this thread is dominated by 2 people only in the form of chat, shows the actual quality of the series and its crappy music, imo biggrin

Bah.....get.....Lost! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I will......get......LOST! biggrin wink Joking aside, i like your enthusiasm on the show and its music. I like to watch wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Fair enough wink

Anyway in just a few weeks we´ll be talking of both "Lost" and "24" once we have our weekly dose of these shows. I can´t wait for my weekly two hour sessions of Lost + 24 (in no particular order).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I like to watch wink

See, the old me would have made a joke by now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hhahah, why wouldn't you? Why spoil the fun? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anyway in just a few weeks we´ll be talking of both "Lost" and "24" once we have our weekly dose of these shows. I can´t wait for my weekly two hour sessions of Lost + 24 (in no particular order).

Yup and I'll be very glad they're both back. Top Gear and then Fringe doesn't quite cut it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Top Gear is well......TOP but although i haven't watched Fringe yet, i gather it's itsy bitsy crappy?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fringe is rather bad. It's not very interesting, it's too weird, it doesn't explain itself and each episode is self contained despite the fact they keep hinting at something ''big''.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Anthony wrote
    Fringe is rather bad. It's not very interesting, it's too weird, it doesn't explain itself and each episode is self contained despite the fact they keep hinting at something ''big''.

And the fact that the old guy knows everything. It's never a mistery. sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    He's the best character in it too!

What really makes me cringe though is the writers attempts to make that crazy old scientest guy funny. He just comes out with the worst lines.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey Anthony, watching 24: Redemption right now!
    I´ve finished the first hour. Don´t wanna spoil a single second, so no comments for now. Just how great watching Bauer in action again punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Really good ratings:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ra … 2726.story

First Hour: 7.3/11
    Second Hour: 6.8/10

Way to go!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008 edited
    Just finished watching it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was virtually no clunky dialogue like in season 6! cheesy

Spoilers below!

I must admit, while the African location was nice, the stuff in Washington was a whole lot more interesting. There wasn't a whole lot of Jack to be honest, and his story didn't really interest me. That shootout at the school though was epic though! Benton's death was probably the biggest twist, and I thoroughly enjoyed Jon Voight in it.

Two things that annoyed me though - that stupid kid, Willie. He finds out that Benton is dead and Jack begins his little speech, I wanted him to go "Benton died to save you all, Benton died so we could be free, BENTON DIED BECAUSE YOU WENT BACK FOR THAT STUPID CLOTH". Ah...anyway...

Last thing that I wasn't happy with was Callery's score - I don't care what anyone says; it was down right awful. The worst music I have heard for 24, ever (so D, run!).

Luckily the best parts of Redemption were the bits in Washington, and considering that's where the main season will be, it should hopefully mean good things. I hope the plot doesn't focus too much on the Africa stuff again, as while it wasn't bad, I don't really care about it....

...more mysterious Jon Voight and mole chauffeurs please!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Spoilers below!

That shootout at the school though was epic though! Benton's death was probably the biggest twist, and I thoroughly enjoyed Jon Voight in it.

Indeed, as was the ambush in the city by the end of the film. As for Benton´s death, another one on Jack´s shoulder.
    And Jon Voight is gonna give us a great performance in season seven, Im sure of it.

Anthony wrote
    Last thing that I wasn't happy with was Callery's score - I don't care what anyone says; it was down right awful. The worst music I have heard for 24, ever (so D, run!).

He is more inspired in the regular seasons to be honest.

Anthony wrote
    Luckily the best parts of Redemption were the bits in Washington, and considering that's where the main season will be, it should hopefully mean good things. I hope the plot doesn't focus too much on the Africa stuff again, as while it wasn't bad, I don't really care about it....

Yeah the Washington plot was quite interesting, like a preview of what´s coming.

Anthony wrote
    ...more mysterious Jon Voight and mole chauffeurs please!

biggrin

Overall, a good link between seasons 6 and 7, introducing the main characters and its motivations.

Just two things:
    1- I hope Powers Boothe to be a recurring character. I´ve always liked his performance of Noah Daniels.
    2- I already hate Gil Bellows´Frank Trammell. I hope he is a regular during season 7.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008 edited
    No to 1, yes to 2..but it looks like neither of them will be in it any more!

Redemption was easily better than anything we had in season 6.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    No to 1, yes to 2..but it looks like neither of them will be in it any more!

Redemption was easily better than anything we had in season 6.

Oh nothing is better than Jack torturing his own brother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    I don't know what thing is more mediocre from 24 Redemption: the script, the direction or the music.

shame

Since season 3 lost is trading water. And this 2 hours "introduction" of season 7 is far the most embrassing thing i saw since Pierce Brosnan singing in Mamma Mia!.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    shocked

You watched Mamma Mia?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008
    Sorry, I meant "Since season 3, 24 is trading water and this 2 hours "introduction" of season 7 is far the most embrassing thing i saw since Pierce Brosnan singing in Mamma Mia!"

Yes, I went to see the musical with my girldfriend, and then I was interested in see the screen adaptaion. Wich is even more mediocre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Sorry, I meant "Since season 3, 24 is trading water and this 2 hours "introduction" of season 7 is far the most embrassing thing i saw since Pierce Brosnan singing in Mamma Mia!"

Yes, I went to see the musical with my girldfriend, and then I was interested in see the screen adaptaion. Wich is even more mediocre.

YOU SAW MAMMA MIA?!? shocked wink
  2. Mamma Mia, he saw Mamma Mia!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website