• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. First Trailer is out:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ … c=y7movies

I never thought I would say that, but this actually looks much more like a great adventure movie to me than anything I´ve seen about Indy 4 so far...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Never judge a movie by it's trailer.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...judge it by it's number.

3 doesn't seen to be a good one. rolleyes tongue
  2. Sylvos wrote
    Never judge a movie by it's trailer.

I said it looks better. I´m totally aware of the fact that most studios frak up if they try to make a movie out of a great trailer. They should just do trailers. biggrin

Anthony wrote
    ...judge it by it's number.
    3 doesn't seem to be a good one. rolleyes tongue

I thought Episode 3 was the best of the Star Wars Prequels. tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

But technically that was #6! tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

rolleyes

rolleyes to you to! tongue kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

rolleyes

rolleyes to you to! tongue kiss

EEEEUUUWWWW stop kissing me man slant vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    I'll go see it! I LOVED the first film, hated the second but I'll go see this one just out of curiosity. It's going to be fun to see how many cliches Rob Cohen can through into this one. I mean, ten thousand arrows fired into the air at once... that NEVER gets old. rolleyes Or, people of oriental origin getting into crazy CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON fights... that NEVER gets old. rolleyes

Although, I did like the line about the seat belts. biggrin

Looks like 2 hours of pure fun! Can't wait to hear the score either.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And if Brendan Frasier is back I'm already in.
  3. I hope they keep it in the same style as the first Mummy, that one was so incredibly well made and fun, and it had a great Goldsmith score, the second film was a little less inspired but still cool. Silvestri rocked the house on that as well.

But yeah, second sequels nearly always miss the mark, with a few exceptions of course. Who's doing the score btw?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Randy Edelman

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    There's a China invasion going on!

Defenitey inspired by the Terracotte Warroirs it seems.
    (which I saw! biggrin )
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This looks a hell of a lot better than The Mummy Returns. I still don't get why they brought Arnold Vosloo back for the second one... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    I enjoyed the Mummy Returns quite a bit...UNTIL the crappy CGI that was the Scorpion King at the end. From the trailer this one will most definately be a must see for me.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
  4. Anthony wrote
    This looks a hell of a lot better than The Mummy Returns. I still don't get why they brought Arnold Vosloo back for the second one... rolleyes

It's some kind of a reinvention so there is probably no place for Imhotep in this one.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I never thought I would say that, but this actually looks much more like a great adventure movie to me than anything I´ve seen about Indy 4 so far...

That's probably because they do put all the best bits in the 'teaser' (if this is the teaser, can you imagine what the trailer will be like?). rolleyes

It looks fun, though. In a popcorney 'watch and forget it' kinda way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008 edited
    Absolutely loved the fist Mummy, and the score blew me away... I received the Mummy score on the same day as the Phantom Menace... first I listened to the Phantom Menace, because I though.. wow, a new Star Wars score you know... well after a few tracks, I popped in the Mummy score instead, and after hearing the first few minutes, it was a goosebump fest. Closed my eyes and smiled and goosebumped through the whole Mummy score. Wow, that one rocked! I remember saying to myself... "ha.. Goldsmith you old master, ha... nice ... wow..." like that all the way through the score. While Williams effort didn't excite me at all.

The second Mummy movie sucked seriously. Didn't really like Silvestri's effort, although good, Goldsmith's score is still the best. IMHO. Now... the new Mummy trailer... actually funny to see Michelle Yeoh again... (i actually met her once alone in an elevator in Hong Kong, pretended not to recognize her and had a nice chat with her, she is actually very nice and good looking... actually she looks better in real than in the movies)... I also went to X'ian where the Terra Cotta army is, and also the real Tomb of the First Emperor. (its a kind of uninspiring man-made hill, you can just walk to the top by stairs) which hasn't been opened yet. (they fear something supernatural is buried inside it, seriously) So I am actually looking forward to see this picture just to see what they did which the sets and such... a pity that they hired Edelman... my word. My pick would have been Talgorn. Would love to hear his take on a picture like this!
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    Talos wrote
    Absolutely loved the fist Mummy, and the score blew me away... I received the Mummy score on the same day as the Phantom Menace... first I listened to the Phantom Menace, because I though.. wow, a new Star Wars score you know... well after a few tracks, I popped in the Mummy score instead, and after hearing the first few minutes, it was a goosebump fest. Closed my eyes and smiled and goosebumped through the whole Mummy score. Wow, that one rocked! I remember saying to myself... "ha.. Goldsmith you old master, ha... nice ... wow..." like that all the way through the score. While Williams effort didn't excite me at all.

The second Mummy movie sucked seriously. Didn't really like Silvestri's effort, although good, Goldsmith's score is still the best. IMHO. Now... the new Mummy trailer... actually funny to see Michelle Yeoh again... (i actually met her once alone in an elevator in Hong Kong, pretended not to recognize her and had a nice chat with her, she is actually very nice and good looking... actually she looks better in real than in the movies)... I also went to X'ian where the Terra Cotta army is, and also the real Tomb of the First Emperor. (its a kind of uninspiring man-made hill, you can just walk to the top by stairs) which hasn't been opened yet. (they fear something supernatural is buried inside it, seriously) So I am actually looking forward to see this picture just to see what they did which the sets and such... a pity that they hired Edelman... my word. My pick would have been Talgorn. Would love to hear his take on a picture like this!

Indeed. Talgorn would be one of my top picks too.
  5. Edelman? Jeez, there goes the hope for something grand and epic. I don't like his style of composing at all. I say bring in the son of Goldsmith and give the guy a chance. Or Arnold, or Debney, or better yet Giacchino. Arnold's said nobody ever asked him for these adventure movies anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    DreamTheater wrote
    Arnold's said nobody ever asked him for these adventure movies anymore.

I think he wasn't aware that he's hired of the third Narnia when he said that. hehe
    But you know, since Troy I sort of think that film studios don't want that "old fashioned sound" in films no more. For whatever reason.
  6. BobdH wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

That's probably because they do put all the best bits in the 'teaser' (if this is the teaser, can you imagine what the trailer will be like?). rolleyes

Well said, of course. If there´s one movie which can afford to hold back on a trailer, it´s Indiana Jones, because people will see it anyway.

I would agree that we saw everything in this Mummy teaser, but there is not a single trailer out there which seems to tell away the complete thing like that for The Incredible Hulk. Although it looks awesome, it feels like the complete movie in one and a half minute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Why are we poo-pooing all over Edelman? This guy has written some great, grand epic music and has written some of the most memorable themes in the past 20 years or so (Dragonheart and Gettysburg.) I think the major problem we all had with Edelman's scores was the mostly synth sound or the tiny orchestra that he used. I think Edelman has a lot of talent and there are hints, especially in his Dragonheart music, that he can write some exciting, grand, epic film music. If the production throws some money at Edelman to use a full symphony orchestra I think that Edelman's music will work wonders. Just listen to "A Refreshing Swim" from Dragonheart. Some great swashbuckling music right there.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I think there is a possibility that this could be something great!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Oh if my brother was here he'd back you up Erik. I'm not criticising everything Edelman's done, sure Dragonheart is nice and there are some bits of other scores that I kind of like but overall I'm not very fond of his style. I just don't think he's the right man for the job. But weren't we saying this about Howard Shore 7 years ago? Maybe this time Edelman will surprise me...

(but I doubt it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Again: I have NO problem whatsoever with Edelman!
    I think he's a fine, fine composer wo brought us a number of memorable scores (best of which being his major action score for xXx...that no-one ever references that is amazing to me! It's one of my top action scores!).
    I'm more than pleased to see him on the franchise, and while the odds that I'll give this film a wide berth (I don't think I've actually ever seen any of the Mummy films! shocked ... well, maybe I have...wasn't there one with a wrestler in it? I have *no* idea what it was all about though. I think there was sand and fighting and loads of CGI... or was that Phantom Menace? confused ), but I'll definitely pick up the CD!
    punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Maybe nobody talks about xXx much, because of its shameless Peacemaker rips, though those are somehow left off the score release. Tactful biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote
    (I don't think I've actually ever seen any of the Mummy films! shocked ... well, maybe I have...wasn't there one with a wrestler in it? I have *no* idea what it was all about though. I think there was sand and fighting and loads of CGI... or was that Phantom Menace? confused ), but I'll definitely pick up the CD!
    punk

If you're in a good mood (read: after the consumtion of several bottles of port), give the first one a go. It's more fun then you'd think! (just stay away from the one with the wrestler in it! You can recognise it by the big letters The Mummy Returns on the box and it's not a good sequel!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe nobody talks about xXx much, because of its shameless Peacemaker rips, though those are somehow left off the score release. Tactful biggrin

And WHAT a score release it is!
    I can recommend anyone to pick it up!
    Just stay away from the "complete version", which is a borefest (which may well have to do with possible Peacemaker ripp-offs, I can't say, never having seen the film and having played the CD just once... that score really is just noise. Can't make out any theme in there. It's enjoyable, adrenaline-fuelling noise, but noise, nonetheless.

If you're in a good mood (read: after the consumtion of several bottles of port), give the first one a go.

I guess I need to be properly drunk to enjoy a romp like that, so the port is probably sound advice. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    BobdH wrote
    If you're in a good mood (read: after the consumtion of several bottles of port), give the first one a go. It's more fun then you'd think! (just stay away from the one with the wrestler in it! You can recognise it by the big letters The Mummy Returns on the box and it's not a good sequel!).

Agreed, the first one is better and a really great ride if you´re in the mood for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Personally I like Edelman's scores pretty much, especially Dragonheart and xXx. Would like to see what he comes up for this one...