• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    Dragonheart will always be special for me. We watched it as a very early preview as an open air event in the courtyard of a local castle. The wheather on that summer evening was fine, the atmosphere within the audience perfectly done, and then movie and score did their wonders. I may be one of the few people who actually liked the movie very much, but what is not to like about a movie that wants you to look at the stars in the end, and then, you raise your head, and there, on that perfect summer evening, there were a billion stars in the sky, while the end credits rolled, and me and my wife hugged together for the rest of them, just enjoying that perfect moment. I may be a sentimental fool, but this way I find I enjoy more movies than other, more cynic or sarcastic people can, like Lady in the Water, for example.
  1. DreamTheater wrote
    Oh if my brother was here he'd back you up Erik. I'm not criticising everything Edelman's done, sure Dragonheart is nice and there are some bits of other scores that I kind of like but overall I'm not very fond of his style. I just don't think he's the right man for the job. But weren't we saying this about Howard Shore 7 years ago? Maybe this time Edelman will surprise me...

(but I doubt it)

Hell Yeah I back Erik up tongue

The problem most people have is that it isn't fully orchestral with Edelman, and yet the man has such a knack for witty and cool themes and tunes, to think he must compose now epic tunes and that it's fully orchestral gives me no reason to say it will be ugly or average. Wait and see, and I hope within months we can all look back on this little escapade and say we have one killer soundtrack on our hands smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Yeah, his thematic material always is spectacular, and I´m really, really looking forward to this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009
    A good kill for a thread smile
    listen to more classical music!