• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008 edited
    You can read my article on Henson's Zomerhitte (Summer Heat) score here:

http://www.maintitles.net/features/arti … ian-henson

I must admit I didn't knew any of his music, except for some random pieces from a comedy series, before he came aboard this film. In the meantime I've heard Severance and Le Fils Du Vent, which are both very good scores!
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    I wonder if someone else likes his music...
  1. Joep wrote

Perhaps we will Joep, the only thing that we can't find anything of him
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Joep wrote

Perhaps we will Joep, the only thing that we can't find anything of him

Joep has all his cd's!!! He bought all of them!!! Several times!!!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2008
    Not really. But some of his score were released, so you could find them quite easily I think.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009 edited
    So how's The Secret of Moonacre? Anyone?

I'm now listening to his lovely Les Fils Du Vent (the sequel of Yamakasi) score. You'd expect a lot of hiphop/trip hop influenced music, evident in every Yamakasi picture, but it's narrowed down to some bass, beats and percussion. Most of the score is actually very moving and epic music, with lots of soft emotional cues and Chinese influences.
  2. Joep wrote
    So how's The Secret of Moonacre? Anyone?

I'm now listening to his lovely Les Fils Du Vent (the sequel of Yamakasi) score. You'd expect a lot of hiphop/trip hop influenced music, evident in every Yamakasi picture, but it's narrowed down to some bass, beats and percussion. Most of the score is actually very moving and epic music, with lots of soft emotional cues and Chinese influences.

review of Moonacre is ready, it is quite interesting and fresh, a bit long I think but it covers some really nice moments

A promising album
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    Just a short note to announce that MovieScore Media will release Christian's score for the new Christopher Smith horror film, "Triangle". It comes out on October 20 right after the UK premiere of the film. The score is a very original, spine-chilling orchestral score with haunting vocal solos by Dot Allison.

Teaser clip: "Lullaby"
    http://www.moviescoremedia.com/audio/triangle.mp3

Cheers,

mc
  3. hmn hmn, sounds again promising
  4. Listening to the clips to Henson's new release Black Death from MovieScore Media.

Sounds interesting. I'm particularly liking the rhythmic percussion sound of a lot of the tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    Anyone heard it in full? What is it like, stylistically?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Not yet. I was waiting for it to be announced as being released directly from MovieScore Media. I didn't realise that it had already been made available. I'll be downloading it directly...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Just finished Black Death and it's a very low-key score with only flashes of the rhythmic style I was hoping for. There's a fair bit of wailing Gregorian chant going on and there's a definite string-heavy sound to it, and it all goes together to give a texture to the music that's very apt after having watched the trailer (though if the music is anything to go by then the trailer has taken all the choice action pieces from the film and condensed them into the 70-second trailer!)

There are several places where the solo strings has the same sort of feel that I heard in Goldenthal's Interview With The Vampire: that almost gypsy-ish feel (rather than any up-tempo dance style).

I'm at the stage at the moment of being a bit disappointed with what I've heard, purely because it hasn't matched my expectation (something that seems to be happening a lot with recent MovieScore Media releases). But, I believe that with Black Death, I'm going to discover a strong score.

How come? It's because Henson's put together some really interesting orchestrations, particularly when he brings together solo strings (is it slightly electrified?), the almost throat singing drones and the rhythmic percussion )that's not just hammering out a beat on the biggest drum you can find.)

I'm hoping that all this is coming out on the positive side of the fence!! I do think that it's a score worthy of a listen. You may like it, but not for reasons you initially thought.