• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008
    Bregt, is there any possibility the Search option could be augmented by the option to search within posts?
    Currently searching seems to be limited to thread titlles, users or review (title?)s.
    I would very much like to be able to look for certain key words within posts (or reviews).

(In the meantime the Google Search Site option will work in a pinch, but still. I think it'd be good to implement this in-site.)

wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008 edited
    I thought that you heralded the search function before because it is actually possible to search within posts? wink

Just choose the 'Comments' radiobutton to search for keywords in posts.
    Always works fine for me. smile

Example: clickie

As for a review search, that is planned, ogether with an update of the review section.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Speaking of which, where is the festivity cow nowadays?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Partying in Ibiza.

She returns at the end of June, for more fun.
    The goat misses her though.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Poor goat sad

Anyway, onto Indiana Jones...!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah. I thought we already had that? Poor ol' Martijn's going nuts.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah. I thought we already had that? Poor ol' Martijn's going nuts.

"going" nuts? don't you mean "IS" wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Can anyone direct me to the thread that talked about listening to film music as music that is closely associated with the films or "just" as great music that just happened to be written for movies?

Cheers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    ...what?
  2. Steven wrote
    ...what?

I remember there was a discussion the other day that centred around whether people listened to music from films as good music that happened to be written for films or whether it was listened to as film music (I assume with all the associated consideration of how the themes are developed, serve the image, etc.)

I was at work when all this discussion was going on so couldn't really devote much time to reading all the interesting posts. And as the discussion subject doesn't really provide any meaty keywords for me to search with, I was hoping that someone who was involved with the discussion could remember which thread it came up in - and point me in the general direction of the posts.

NP: "End Title" - Independence Day - David Arnold
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    I guess I missed it
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I remember there was a discussion the other day that centred around whether people listened to music from films as good music that happened to be written for films or whether it was listened to as film music (I assume with all the associated consideration of how the themes are developed, serve the image, etc.)

I was at work when all this discussion was going on so couldn't really devote much time to reading all the interesting posts. And as the discussion subject doesn't really provide any meaty keywords for me to search with, I was hoping that someone who was involved with the discussion could remember which thread it came up in - and point me in the general direction of the posts.

I think you may mean this one, which is the most recent of comparable discussions I remember.

Incidentally, key search words: Film Music Experience Thor wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    Even though God-like member Martijn found the thread, have you tried searching IN comments too Alan?
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Even though God-like member Martijn found the thread, have you tried searching IN comments too Alan?

I didn't try searching at all as I didn't think of any keywords that were specific enough to narrow the probable "hits" down to a manageable number.

Thanks, Martijn.