• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    I couldn't find a thread on Ron so I decided to start one. Although he's not that famous, anyone else liked his work on the Superman Animated series in the Blue Box set as much as me? Yeh, it wasn't as good as Williams' or Thorne's work, but it definitely had good cues like "Trouble in the park...", "Super defendroid - operation nugget" and "Superman's family album" which I loved.

Other remarkable scores he's done are Star Trek: The Next Generation Vol. 2 and the Disney TV Series "DuckTales" which sadly hasn't got any score release. All that was available was an @160 bitrate MP3 suite on Ron's official website (www.ronjonesproductions.com) and Disney made him take off even that. You can watch the episodes on YouTube and see how beautiful is the music he wrote for this series! smile
  1. I loved his score for TNG´s episode "The Best of Both Worlds". I wished the producers had allowed for spectacular music more often, but they wanted it to be dumped in the background. A massive mistake, if you ask me.
  2. I see no evidence disney made him take it off; all the clips have been down for quite a while now.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    I emailed him asking why he took off the suite, and he told me it was because of "copyright issues with Disney".
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He's the Family Guy, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote

Yes he is.

I agree his work on Superman Animated is very good! Very nice to have it included in the Blue Box!

Speaking of the Blue Box, I recently decided to have another look at the wonderful book that came with it only to find that the pages were coming away from the spine! I dont know if one of my friends damaged it while I wasnt looking or what? Or was it just crappy glue? Very sad!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Yep! I haven't been able to find the soundtrack unfortunately... but then again, many of his scores haven't got official releases. I was surprised when I saw Superman Animated series on the Blue Box tracklist! wink
  3. Atham wrote
    Speaking of the Blue Box, I recently decided to have another look at the wonderful book that came with it only to find that the pages were coming away from the spine! I dont know if one of my friends damaged it while I wasnt looking or what? Or was it just crappy glue? Very sad!

I remember people commenting that the booklet was prone to falling apart if read!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He writes some awesome stuff for Family guy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I loved his score for TNG´s episode "The Best of Both Worlds". I wished the producers had allowed for spectacular music more often, but they wanted it to be dumped in the background. A massive mistake, if you ask me.

If memory serves me, Producer Berman didn't want anything that sounded "militaristic"? rolleyes

Just imagine the loss of great scores if he'd been in charge during TOS.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I don´t know the details, but we can be quite happy that Berman wasn´t around for TOS, agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Hey all, just wanted to share with you that Ron Jones' new website has launched, with over 3.5 hours of audio to enjoy!

http://www.ronjonesproductions.com
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  4. Fantastic. Nice logo too. Surprised at all the unreleased cues there are, especially from ST:TNG.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Oh man, DuckTales music! Amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    Ron just posted on Facebook that Lukas Kendall (FSM) is putting together a new score release for the Star Trek series. Here's the original post -

Lukas Kendall is putting a collection of 14 CD's together from my Star Trek:The Next Generation. It seems to be coming together into a very nice release. I am glad the music will finally be heard on it's own. Thanks Lukas. Ron

W00T! punk
  5. Star Trek: TNG had memorable music? confused

Maybe I always watched a different show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    I don't know about the series (I never watched it) but the Vol. 1 soundtrack was very good IMO.
  6. Generally, the producers wanted the music to stay in the background, but there are some nice excemptions from that rule (which made them stand out even more), although I think the most obvious ones are already out on CD, including the excellent score from "The Best of Both Worlds" and that flute theme from "The Inner Light" and "Lessons". I would like to hear more, but I doubt I´ll be able to afford a 14 CD collection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited
    I watched the series sporadically in the 90's, but didn't pay much attention to the music, so a set like this holds no interest to me. But impressive undertaking, for sure! I'm sure it will be a "fan pleaser". I do have "The Inner Light" on the STAR TREK 30TH ANNIV. CD, though, which is a fine little score by Mr. Chattaway, if memory serves.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. You´re right, "The Inner Light" may be Chattaway´s. Well, it´s been some time since I revisited that stuff. But "Best of Both Worlds" is definitely Ron Jones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Another market trick. One that will obviously work wonders.
  8. I don't think Lukas will like the spilling of the beans there, but I haven't checked the FSM board yet.

14 fucking CDs? I hope that split up -- that too much to plop down; I don't even have that kind of money left over at the end of paying food/gas/bills.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    Star Trek: TNG had memorable music? confused

Maybe I always watched a different show.

I would say very UNmemorable music....wasn't Rick Berman notorious for not letting his composers off the leash on Trek!??

Either way I won't be buying but I hope it sells well, the effort soundtrack labels ( particularly FSM ) put into thier releases are to be commended and supported.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ron Jones wrote easily the least unmemorable music in TNG (and if you believe him, was fired because of it) but I'm not sure I could get through 14 CDs of it! If it were a couple of dollars a disc then I'd probably get it out of curiosity (being a Star Trek fan and all) - look forward to further details.
  9. incredible review by Justin of Star Trek: The Next Generation (The Ron Jones Project)

Soon on the front page!
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011 edited
    A lot of effort for sure but does another pair of eyes read the review - maybe an editor to catch grammatical errors, run on sentences, a poorly worded anecdotes - before it goes on line?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. Well, I pointed out an error or two to [n]Bregt[/b], and also noted a couple parts that weren't in italic, but I guess the fixing wasn't made.

The rest, I could give a crap less about.

Also, my hookey line at the end was cut off:

"Thank you, thank you, I'm here all night."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011
    I hadn't finished editing yet Thomas. slant
    Kazoo
  11. :P

We forgive you. Just barely.
  12. I thought it was checked? confused

Will check it out tomorrow shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh