• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Alan, also go to start-run-type "msconfig" press enter.

go to "Startup" and UNCHECK everything that you don't need to start up with the computer, i.e. everything that it's NOT an anti-virus program.

press "aply" - ok, restart.

A safer way to do this is to use WinPatrol as doing in in msconfig displays all the important functions windows needs to run properly, and messing with these is not recommended!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

go to "Startup" and UNCHECK everything that you don't need to start up with the computer, i.e. everything that it's NOT an anti-virus program.

A safer way to do this is to use WinPatrol as doing in in msconfig displays all the important functions windows needs to run properly, and messing with these is not recommended!

From Startup you won't disable any services, just programs that start automatically with the computer. It's not erasing them, just stopping them from starting unnecessarily. Believe me, i've got MAGIX PC TOOLS 2009 and it disabled EVERYTHING APART 1 SERVICE, THE ANTIVIRUS. Computer and windows functions work like a charm 'cause once you open a program it will anyway open its components either they are pre-started or not.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

I've tried to slim the start up using Revo Uninstaller's "Autorun Manager". There's a few entries that I'm not sure whether I can disable them:

ctfmon.exe - "CTF loader" - Microsoft
    NvCplDaemon - "Run a DLL as an App" - Microsoft
    nwiz - "NVIDIA nView Wizard" - NVIDIA
    SoundMan - "Avance sound manager" - Avance
    avgnt - "System tray tool" - Avira

Spybot lists a couple of others:

DWQueuedReporting
    MSMSGS - in c:program filesmessenger
    and a list of WinLogon entries

I think that I've thinned out as much as I can.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. I'd just like to thank everyone who took the trouble of helping me through my problems with my PC/browsing set up.

I'm hoping that everything's working a little bit better now.
    kiss
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Alan you can safely disable all except

SoundMan - "Avance sound manager" - Avance
    avgnt - "System tray tool" - Avira

YOU AREN'T DELETING ANYTHING, JUST DISABLING FROM AUTO-RUNNING and you can safely restore if you like later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    All I can say is Yikes, Yikes, and Yikes!!!!!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
  3. A few days further on and things are still working fine. Much quicker loading times, this site's performing well in IE8, Opera or Chrome and I managed to resolve the issue of my Amazon downloader not working (with the help of a couple of e-mails from Amazon). The downloader was fixed just in time for me to get a hold of Jerry Fielding's Gray Lady Down.

As with most of the scores I've listened to from Fielding, it's a challenging listen (in a good way) that certainly needs several listens to form a meaningful opinion.
  4. Is there some sort of conspiracy against film music sites? Both here and FSM's messageboard have been really slow this afternoon/evening for me. Sometimes they have been unobtainable. But other sites have been easy to access!

Anyone else finding access here or at FSM slow? Not too bad at the moment but 3-4 hours ago it was a bit unstable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012 edited
    The site was down around 18:00 CET, but other than that performance seems normal? (For me at least)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Martijn wrote
    The site was down around 18:00 CET, but other than that performance seems normal? (For me at least)

Did you have any problems accessing anywhere else?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012
    Working great for me too all day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote

Did you have any problems accessing anywhere else?

Not been on FSM today, Alan.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or any other day.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No problems here but FSM was very slow.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012 edited
    Sorry for the slow load times. Asked the hosting company to have a look at it. face-palm-mt
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012
    Oh, I thought it was because the kids are both playing MineCraft...
  6. Bregje wrote
    Oh, I thought it was because the kids are both playing MineCraft...

What are the PC specs for playing WarCraft? David wants to play this on his laptop.
  7. Which version of WarCraft?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013 edited
    The site was getting slowed down a lot the past days. Now it should load with the usual quick speed again! Had to go through the logs to find the cause.
    Kazoo