• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Still in the post-vacation doldrums at the moment.

I haven't listened to much new music either and my enthusiasm for film music has dissipated over the last few months and doesn't seem to be returning. I am sure it will at some point.

The summer has been filled mostly with gardening, catching up with TV, and imbibing gin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    Summer holiday is presumably behind us now (although I know that you peeps down on the continent have your summer holidays later than we do), but did anyone do anything exciting?

Nothing terribly exciting for me. Mid July to early August. Spent one week in my hometown in the south (borrowed my parents' apartment while they were away). That was nice. A friend of mine (Aasmund; you remember him, Bregt) has a cabin out in the archipelago, stayed there for a couple of nights. Then a week on Fur. Then a week at the family island, also in the south. That's it. I can't afford to go abroad anymore (OK, Denmark is abroad, but you know what I mean), and I don't really want to anyway, during the summers.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Going abroad seems to be such a lottery now. So many different groups striking as part of industrial disputes (at home and abroad), air traffic control problems, and the cost of everything... The list goes on.

Better to stay at home and get out and about locally.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    Those are some issues, yes. The Norwegian krone is insanely weak now. Probably the weakest it's ever been. Which doesn't only apply to ordering stuff from abroad (like CDs), but also holidays abroad, obviously.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2023
    I just realized that my last proper holiday trip abroad -- not counting a couple of work-related trips to Berlin and Cannes, and the annual Fur trips -- was Morroco in 2015. 2015!!! That's 8 friggin' years ago. Wow. Certainly says something about changed circumstances.
    I am extremely serious.