• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, not much traffic here. Besides, the net itself seems slow today which is probably because of Microsoft upgrading PCs around the globe.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015 edited
    Thor wrote
    This must mean everyone is having some sort of summer holiday. What is everyone doing/planning?

...because everybody else is on a summer break I am working my !#@)&^! ass off at work. angry mad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. At the end of august, I'm back to England for a week and also Lake Garda, Italy for a week. Then i have no holiday days left till November 2016, so i'm going to make the most of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015
    This board right now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015
    We need a party!.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015 edited
    I had a fantastic 10 days in the city where I live (Gentse Feesten) as some of you may have seen on Facebook. Holiday in my own city. It's an event that attracts people from all over Flanders, and you meet many people you know. I had a lot of friends coming over too. Theatre, music, discovering new places, food, ... and of course lots of drinks.

I had an other holiday at the end of June, a hike in France, but hurt my foot (bruised my ankle) after the first day so I had to return earlier because the doctor advised me to rest. But I'm unable to that so I went home. And this comes after a previous hiking trip was cancelled. Not a good year regarding holidays (it's been over 2 years since I had a long trip!). I used to travel a lot and it's been not great lately. But this all sounds like complaining a lot while it is a luxury problem
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, you don't always need to travel far to get that holiday feeling. I know that Ghent is a holiday in itself. I also see from my previous updates in this thread that each summer since 2008 has basically had the same ingredients -- some days in my hometown in the South, some days on our island, some days at our summer house in Denmark. Each of these has its own ingredients too, like the music festival in my hometown this year. I'm perfectly pleased with that, and don't really need to travel far abroad during the height of the summer (even if the summer this year has been incredibly disappointing, weather-wise).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    We need a party!.

That is noise. Or the sound of the wind when you are cycling at night with your eyes closed.

We need a real party!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

cheer DANCE! cheer <<< they are in sync with the music!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2015
    Going to New York for a week in mid-August. Never been to the US before, so definitely looking forward to that (although not the long flight). Will also attend the "John Williams Film Night" concert at Tanglewood - but sadly without John Williams! sad Was kinda the main reason for me to make the trip, but I also knew there was a chance he had to cancel due to his previous cancellations... and that sadly happened. Still, I am very much looking forward to the trip smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, the cancellation must suck for European travelers like us. I was lucky last year, when he showed up in Boston, but things like this may suddenly happen. It's not only down to old age, though, Williams has had back issues for a long time -- he was out for the entirety of 1988 with the same.

In either case, the trip should be great regardless. I had my virgin trip to NY last year, and loved every minute of it. Even if I traveled alone.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Yeah, there's going to be plenty of sightseeing, food and beer to make the trip memorable smile And I'm sure the concert will be great no matter what.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2016
    What are everyone's plans this year?

There are some dark things happening in my life (especially from a month onwards), so I need some weeks to build up mental energy right now.

Currently at our summer house in Denmark with my family, will stay here for 12 days, then back to my hometown in the South and our island nearby. Then back to Oslo and dark matters in the middle of July.

I find that I don't really like to travel long-distance during the summers. Scandinavian summers are usually fine, and I have everything I need in terms of 'summery activities' and places here.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. No plans at the moment but may organise something last-minute later in the season, if all the stars align.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. 10 days Sylt / North Sea in July.
  5. Captain Future wrote
    Sylt

Looks nice.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016
    Thor wrote
    There are some dark things happening in my life (especially from a month onwards), so I need some weeks to build up mental energy right now.

What is happening Thor? confused
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote

What is happening Thor? confused

yeah, hope it's not too serious? sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2016
    Thor, what's up man?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2016 edited
    Just some issues related to my current work/health situation (or lack thereof). Not something I'd like to go into here, but suffice to say it's dark and it's coming soon.

Still, I've had a great few weeks. First 20-year-reunion in my hometown, then 12 days at our summer house in Denmark, then a few days in my hometown again, then a few days at our island in the South Norwegian archipelago, then another few days in my hometown. I've been drinking every single day for 22 days straight(!) in bigger and smaller quantities, so now I need some time for total detox. I've gained at least 5 kilos. And I also need to update myself on what's been going on -- both in the world at large and within our small community.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2016
    Thor wrote
    Just some issues related to my current work/health situation (or lack thereof). Not something I'd like to go into here, but suffice to say it's dark and it's coming soon.
    I've been drinking every single day for 22 days straight(!) in bigger and smaller quantities, so now I need some time for total detox. I've gained at least 5 kilos.

Yyyyeah. Not my place or responsibility to play Uncle Busybody, but to hell with that, I'm too old to care about any fancy sensitivities.
    So.
    Situation causing you to completely pig out in the worst possible way to forget/flip mortality the bird/get one last big huzzah in?
    Or contrarily, your absolutely horrific lifestyle horrifically catching up with your age?

Yeah, I'm bringing down the tone. I'm well aware.
    And to be sure: as long as you don't care and have no regrets, more power to you.

But I wasn't going to let this one slide by without at least a comment and a check whether you are indeed as cavalier about it all as you make out to be.

That's all.
    You can tell me to fuck off now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i really hope it's not that dear Thor:
    Or contrarily, your absolutely horrific lifestyle horrifically catching up with your age?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Age is but a number.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Fair enough, mate. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. smile
    I won't pry any further.
  7. Reporting after returning from the island. No Wifi or fast mobile connection there. Quite relaxing. smile

Waiting here: The Rocketeer expansion and Lo Chiamavano Trinita by Franco Micalizzi.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2016 edited
    What island are you on, Volker?

Everyone's on an island these days. Must be Brexit.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Sylt, Germany's most northern Island at the North Sea.

I'm crazy for that place. I have been there the first time when I was five years old. This must have been about my 40th visit. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2016
    Ah. Looks very Danish; not that unlike Fur.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Fair enough, mate. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. smile
    I won't pry any further.

I've got that message long before you did love. I still care though about our God of Thunder wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016 edited
    Thanks, Stavi -- and also thanks for dropping by. smile

Haven't sipped a drop of alcohol since Saturday! Will have some tomorrow, though.

Today has been a spectacular summer day here in Oslo. Up to 28 degrees. I went out to one of the city's islands (again with the islands!) for some swimming and relaxation. You can have brilliant summer holidays even in your city of residence. Normally, a beer or two would have been obligatory, but I stuck to water and soda.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016 edited
    Tomorrow we leave for a short trip direction Denmark where Kaat and I will meet Thor on Thursday! punk We stay a few days in the family house he's been talking about over the past years. Thor invited us and will be the guid on Fur, an island in northern Denmark in the Limfjord. On the road we will make a stop over in The Netherlands in Enschede to visit Kaat's sister and on the way back we'll visit Kaat's best friend.

Initally we had a longer trip in mind (adding Legoland and perhaps Aarhus) but because we bought a house we'll keep the holiday limited so that we can use the remaining holidays to strip the house in december.
    Kazoo