• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    Earlier this month, composer Bear McCreary scored the mid-season finale of "Battlestar Galactica", and ScoringSessions.com was there to bring you exclusive snaps from this pivotal episode!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/140/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    Very, very good, looking forward to that!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I really, really love his music for Galactica. He continues to impress me week after week. He´s talking on his blog very specifically about his compositions, and every scorefreak who likes this show should take a closer look. Beware of spoilers, though, since it is very up to date to the latest airing episodes.

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    Bear announced in his blog that soundtrack albums from "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season One" and "Eureka" will be released on LA-LA Land Records:

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=425

Visiteureka.net has also an interview with Bear and the offical tracklist of the CD:

EUREKA SOUNDTRACK ALBUM TRACK LIST
    (Subject to change)

1. Theme from Eureka
    Music by Mark Mothersbaugh
    2. Sheriff Carter's Theme
    3. Prehistoric Love Spores
    From the Episode "Maneater"
    4. Allison's Theme
    5. Through the Vortex
    From the Episode "Games People Play"
    6. Fargo's Theme
    7. The Mask of Fargo
    From the Episode "Noche De Sueños"
    8. The S.A.R.A.H.Mobile
    From the Episode "Duck, Duck, Goose"
    9. Let's Get Hitched
    Written and Performed by Brendan McCreary
    Produced by Brendan McCreary and Steve Kaplan
    As Featured in the Episode "Sight Unseen"
    10. When You Wish Upon Falling Debris
    11. Little Big Bang
    From the Episode "E=MC...?"
    12. Henry's Theme
    13. Taggart's Theme
    14. The Laser Cannon
    From the Episode "A Night at Global Dynamics"
    15. Noche De Sueños
    From the Episode "Noche De Sueños"
    16. A Nuke for Fargo
    From the Episode "Try, Try Again"
    17. EurekAerobics
    Written and Performed by Captain Ahab
    As Featured in the Episode "Duck, Duck, Goose"
    18. Victor's Getaway
    From the Episode "Try, Try Again"
    19. Henry and Beverly
    From the Episode "All That Glitters"
    20. Jack and Callie
    From the Episodes "Sight Unseen" & "Maneater"
    21. Everyone's Dumb
    22. The Heathers
    23. Zane on the Lam
    24. Erotomania!
    From the Episode "Maneater"
    25. A Night at Global Dynamics
    26. Threat of Nuclear Cleaning
    27. A Town Called Eureka
    28. Theme from Eureka (Extended Version)
    Music by Mark Mothersbaugh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Nice review of WRONG TURN 2 Thomas, i quite like its chilling atmosphere!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    I enjoy his writing
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Nice review of WRONG TURN 2 Thomas, i quite like its chilling atmosphere!

it is indeed a different album then what I was expecting, but that isn't bad at all wink

sdtom wrote
    I enjoy his writing
    Thomas smile

hehe, thanks you guys, glad you like it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Connor … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice! He´s doing a good job in the show.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HAven't seen the show nor heard his score in it, but i am really confident in this as i just adore McCreary's work for battlestar galactica. Any such elements in it, or similarities with Beltrami's t3 score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    McCreary´s score is based around a main theme which he uses in many ways. Some similarities can be found with Fiedel´s and Belatrmi´s approach, regarding the sound attached to the terminators, but the rest of the score has little to do with Fiedel / Beltrami.

I´d recommend the show by the way; after a first season shortened due to the writers strike, this second one is rising the level really really fast.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting. Rest of the stuff i read on the net about it say that the only reason worth watching it is the hot chick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Interesting. Rest of the stuff i read on the net about it say that the only reason worth watching it is the hot chick.

Hmm...judge for yourself. Not the hottest chick I´ve seen, but not bad, ain´t she?

http://monsterscifishow.files.wordpress … 1140lo.jpg

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squido … 1202922036

http://www.serienjunkies.de/Seriendarst … r-Glau.jpg

Actually there are mor reasons to watch the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mmmm nothing TOO hot, can't understand why people are raving about her; kinda like the Bond's Putin chick! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Mmmm nothing TOO hot, can't understand why people are raving about her; kinda like the Bond's Putin chick! biggrin

Still a comely lass though lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I think Bear nailed the sound for the show spot on! It is totally in line with what Fiedel did for T2, and given to the state of the art equipment, even better sometimes. I think his theme for Sarah is fantastic, the problem is it reminds me of another theme from a totally different movie and always takes me right out iof the action. But his other themes are great as well. Overall, I am really looking forward to the score.

Beside that, this is one of the very few occasions where I thought the use of a song (Cash in 1.09 and, of course, Shirley in 2.01) worked wonders.

The show itself is my kind of TV exactly. Of course this is not the work of James Cameron, but it certainly feels as if the producers tried very hard, and that alone is worth something, isn´t it?

I love how the story develops over the course of the series and that we´re not treated to the "Terminator of the Week" thing. There are way too many time travellers already, but they try to give each and everyone a specific purpose that serves the storyline.

I love the whole cast, especially Lena, who I adored in 300. She plays the role exactly as it has to be. She´s the strong, coldblooded warrior, as well as the mother who tries to give her son a new life after T2. When things go wrong again, it easily explains why she is so depressed and not all her usual self. Lena gives the role an additional level of vulnerability that some might find out of character for Sarah Connor, but I think it fits the role at that point in her life. She thought they destroyed Skynet in T2, and that the old enemy returns despite their efforts must be a hard thing to live with.

Summer Glau is equally perfect for her role. She comes across a bit wooden in season 1, but everyone who has seen Firefly or episodes from season 2 knows that it´s just for show. She knows how to act and break hearts when she needs it to do.

The male cast is great as well. I love how John Connor fights to find his own way. He has to overcome the overbearing shadow of his mother before he can become the leader of mankind as we know him, and the series portraits perfectly how he rises up to that part, especially in the latest episodes.

The others are great as well, and i can´t wait to see how the series continues, if...

...well if FOX keep their pants together and give this series a chance to survive on another day or spot. After the Firefly desaster, this is the next ship they try to sink with all their might.

Anyway, I´ll be there until the end, and be the first one to order the DVD when it comes out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I think Bear nailed the sound for the show spot on! It is totally in line with what Fiedel did for T2, and given to the state of the art equipment, even better sometimes. I think his theme for Sarah is fantastic

Indeed, the theme and all its variations is very good.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Beside that, this is one of the very few occasions where I thought the use of a song (Cash in 1.09 and, of course, Shirley in 2.01) worked wonders.

"The Man Comes Around" in 1x09 is simply awesome. No score could have been better. One of the best finales I´ve watched.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I love how the story develops over the course of the series and that we´re not treated to the "Terminator of the Week" thing. There are way too many time travellers already, but they try to give each and everyone a specific purpose that serves the storyline.

Totally agree; the plot is pretty good, and the improvement from season 1 (damned writers strike) to season 2 is outstanding.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I love the whole cast

Me too; special mention to Brian Austin Green though: his character and his performance are great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008 edited
    I absolutely agree. I just didn´t want to mention his character, out of spoiler reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I absolutely agree. I just didn´t want to mention his character, out of spoiler reasons.

Yeah, we better don´t say the character´s name. Only that the character and performance are very interesting.

And regarding the show, I thought at the beginning of season 1 that they wouldn´t be able to make such a good show of such a science fiction classic. Obviously (and I´m glad of it) I was wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    "matches what Fiedel did for T2, and sometimes even better"

Now that wouldn't be too hard to do, would it? biggrin
  4. If you consider when it was written, I think T2 is miles ahead of T1 and of a lot of other synth scores out there, with the title theme and the hauntingly beautiful Desert track being obvious highlights. The action tracks have been used by us for endless hours of playing the Shadowrun RPG and enhanced it perfectly. I think T2 is one of the best if it comes to sacrificing standards for the sake of creating a sound fabric that matches the story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ....and T3 is miles ahead all those you mention wink
  5. Regarding to some chick comments over at the "Now Playing" topic:

I found Lena Headey extremely hot in 300, but as Sarah Connor, no, I don´t. She´s looking and acting too different here.

Summer Glau has her moments, but she doesn´t fit my usual preferences.

So for me, loving the series has nothing to do with the hotness of the female cast.
  6. Christodoulides wrote

I think it´s time for me to find out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe she doesn't look hot when playing anything else than the MILF next door.
  7. Maybe.

Possibly.

Yeah, okay, I love those ancient dresses on women. You got me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeahhhh........i got you smile cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

NOT. AT. ALL.

Those scores fit the films like a perfect pair of shoes.

As a CD I will pick Beltrami's everytime however.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ahead of all those, i repeat smile