• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Genius? No. Very talented? Yeah.

Also, I think Season 1 is the weakest (plus it has some of Gibbs' music for about half the season if memory serves). Wait until you hear seasons 2, 3 and 4 - the latter two being my favourite, even though season 2 has my single favourite cue from Battlestar (Prelude to War).
  1. Rian wrote
    Ah dammit. He got sacked for season 2 of Human Target. Hmm, budget cuts, what to drop... music! It's a shame that the new management team is taking a whole new direction, because music was one of the key roles in the first season.

ow, that's sad
    then again, if people don't know a thing of music, it's better Bear is around people who do.
    Come on Bear, do your best with The Walking Dead punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I thought you all might enjoy this article (with an itnerview) on the scoring of "Human Target":
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page … p;id=24143

(composer Tim Jones took over for season two, by the way, which starts -- according to IMDB -- tomorrow)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010
    You can listen to an interview with Bear McCreary at www.filmmusicsite.com. He talks about Battlestar Galactica, Human Target, Step Up 3D and The Walking Dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2010
    thanks for the link!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2010
    Well done Tim. You've interviewed quite a lot of our heroes!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthortimme
    You're welcome Bregt ;o)), glad you liked it. Hope to do many more interviews! On top of my list John Williams but I think that won't ever happen, but one can still dream.
  3. Tim, will listen to it later. Busy enjoying Troy right now. punk

Thanks a lot.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. timme wrote On top of my list John Williams but I think that won't ever happen, but one can still dream.

Tim,

Never stop dreaming. Really, just put the question out there. Try to get the guy's contact details and ask him for 15 minutes of his time. You would be surprised how easily he might accept.
    I would say: "Go for it."

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Getting to have only 5 minutes with the master after he provided me with hours and hours enjoyment would be enough for me. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Tim, will listen to it later. Busy enjoying Troy right now. punk

Thanks a lot.

Troy rejected, such a magnificent score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. 'The Walking Dead' is being show tonight in the US if I'm not mistaken. Can a US-based Maintitles member report back on this?

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The first episode is really good. Although the zombie based films are becoming kinda tiresome, I hope Darabont delivers a good series. The first episode is encouraging.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. Marselus wrote
    The first episode is really good. Although the zombie based films are becoming kinda tiresome, I hope Darabont delivers a good series. The first episode is encouraging.

punk
    looking forward to this one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. For the piano playing enthosiasts amoung us (looking at you now Maxime).

Bear has made it official that 'soon' a book with piano arrangements with Battlestar Galactica is coming out.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    This was already mentioned in a PR topic by cinemediapromo, but I don't think many saw it, so here we go again:

Bear worked on a little Youtube animation, "How the Nerd Stole Christmas." The music is a neat chip-jazz-orchestral combo that quotes famous video game scores and Christmas tunes. Annnd Bear put a free suite of the music up for download on his blog:

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/wp-con … istmas.mp3
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011 edited
    Cool New Piano Solo Folio Showcases Noted Composer Bear McCreary

(MILWAUKEE) - Variety called composer Bear McCreary's score for Battlestar Galactica - the award-winning series on the SyFy channel from 2004-2009 - "the most innovative music on TV today," and NPR said it "fits the action so perfectly, it's almost devastating: (it's) a sci-fi score like no other." Hal Leonard Corporation is proud to publish the first-ever songbook featuring the music from the series.

McCreary himself was heavily involved in the creation of this special collection, personally translating his acclaimed, world music-infused orchestral score into fantastic piano solo arrangements. The intermediate to advanced-level songbook contains 19 selections in all, and as a bonus, also simplified versions of "Roslin and Adama" and "Wander My Friends." There is a note from the Emmy-nominated McCreary, as well as a biography.

The music from Battlestar Galactica has a rabid following. No fewer than six soundtrack albums have been released to date, all selling well and enthusiastically praised by critics. There have also been several live concerts featuring the music. In 2008, more than 1,000 fans attended two sold-out shows at The Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles, with some fans flying in from as far as England and Australia. Last summer, McCreary conducted the world premiere performance of the Battlestar Galactica Symphony, as part of the renowned Fimucite Film Music Festival in Tenerife, Spain. A ballet based on McCreary's scores for the series premiered in 2009, performed by the dancers of the Theaterhagen in Hagen, Germany.

McCreary comments on the Hal Leonard Battlestar Galactica songbook, "At last, fans can now be a part of the musical process themselves and experience the score as I first did: with fingertips touching the ivories."

A must for the show's multitude of fans, the Battlestar Galactica Piano Solo folio (HL00313530, ISBN 978-1-61780-367-3) retails for $16.99 and is available at music stores nationwide, or through Music Dispatch
    (www.musicdispatch.com).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    Wow, excellent!
    I've already got the Sonatica at BSX; I'm a definite buyer for this. Songlist looks great, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011 edited
    Still no sign of the Caprica series score?

I can´t wait for that track here, the last 4:30 minutes of the series.

(Do I NEED to emphasize that massive spoilers await anyone who clicks?)
  9. Ralph Kruhm wrote

Is there word of a second CD release for Caprica?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. Ralph Kruhm wrote

Looks like the show had some good things going for it, as always Bear's music being one of them. I always meant to check it out, but I figured after 4 years of BSG, it was time to move on to other production teams and worlds. (I tried LOST, which didn't work out for me... now going through THE WEST WING, more my sort of thing.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. The first CD contained music from the pilot only; Bear definitely wants to do a second CD with music from the rest of the series, but now that Caprica has been cancelled, I´m not sure when this will be happening, if at all. He talked a lot about the possible second CD at his blog, but I haven´t heard anything new for months now. I thought maybe some of the guys here have better connections to labels and stuff and might probably be able to tell whether something´s going on or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    shocked Even if Caprica now is closed down; Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome is coming up later this year. They GOTTA keep Bear attached.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704292/combined
  12. I can´t think of any good reason to do this without him.
  13. I was listening to "Apocalypse" as heard on the Battlestar Galactica: The Plan CD and came across a video of the live version.

Nice! cool
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was listening to "Apocalypse" as heard on the Battlestar Galactica: The Plan CD and came across a video of the live version.

Nice! cool

Indeed! cool

...hot cello chick shocked lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  14. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I was listening to "Apocalypse" as heard on the Battlestar Galactica: The Plan CD and came across a video of the live version.

Nice! cool

Indeed! cool

Indeed! lick shocked cool
  15. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Nice! cool

Indeed! cool

Indeed! lick shocked cool

In case you guys are wondering: the hot cello chick is Tina Guo.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  16. And a very nice hot chick too!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website