• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013
    Win!!!!!!!!!!!! punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/07/15 … h-i-e-l-d/
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Good for him. I hope the show does well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't remember the last time I was so pleasantly surprised by an assignment, it just seems like a perfect fit.
  2. I'll be waiting to see which Bear will be coming to this project before getting too excited.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Speaking of Bear, where is Elin these days?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'll be waiting to see which Bear will be coming to this project before getting too excited.

confused

The one that always writes good music...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I hope you are right Erik. My own experience with Bear is a bit "hit and miss". When he's good, he's very good. But when I don't connect with his music then there's usually not much in the project that I want to listen to again.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Very cool! He needed something like this again. cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'll be waiting to see which Bear will be coming to this project before getting too excited.

confused

The one that always writes good music...

-Erik-

Sounds good to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIFmiaT5u2Y
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2013
  4. Thor wrote
    Speaking of Bear, where is Elin these days?

I'm ALIVE, ALIVE...

Seriously, I haven't been up here enough. My bad. I'll try to be nicer and hop by more often.

In my defence, I was able to organise a mini MT-gathering at my PhD defense biggrin.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013
    Hiya Elin hug
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    Hiya Elin hug

Oh, how I've missed your hugs, Timmer.
    I'll better cross the North Sea to get one more.

Or can we entice you to come over to our side (the dark side?) once in a while?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013
    I should bloody well hope so, I still haven't done that yet shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. I'm an alien I'm a legal alien
    I'm an Englishman on the continent. cheesy

Tell me when you come eventually, I'll meet you halfway, Amsterdam or someplace. smile

And hi Lientje, or Elin? confused

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  7. Captain Future wrote

Volker

Hi Volker, we haven't really met. My name is Elin, but Skating_Lientje is my moniker. Although I basically stopped figure skating a couple of years ago, and moved into Argentine tango dancing.

Besides being in love with film score music, and being good friends with some of the members on this board.

Elin
  8. So nice to meet you, Elin!

I actually saw a film today about Buenos Aires today on arte TV. It was about tango among other things.

I hope our common love for film music will make us meet in real life some day soon.

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    I'm an alien I'm a legal alien

Tell me when you come eventually, I'll meet you halfway, Amsterdam or someplace. smile

Volker

Oooh? I'm not sure if I can manage that far, Amsterdam is in Holland isn't it? Bloody long way from home.
  9. Finally, Elin's back from holiday. Though I saw the regular posts on facebook. It's so nice to have her back on Maintitles as well kiss
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I'm an alien I'm a legal alien

Volker

Oooh? I'm not sure if I can manage that far, Amsterdam is in Holland isn't it? Bloody long way from home.

Says the man who's been in Nepal, China, India, USA, you name it! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Finally, Elin's back from holiday. Though I saw the regular posts on facebook. It's so nice to have her back on Maintitles as well kiss

Thomas, we sooooo need to meet up sometime soon in real life. But yeah, it sure feels good to be back on the boards.

Elin kiss and hug
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
    sad I wish I lived in Europe, there are no meetings of film score fans here...not to mention all the other things that suck about Murica...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013 edited
    Where do you live Matt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013
    Pennsylvania....Amish land...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013 edited
    I see what you mean. Most ( if not all ) fan-meets seem to be on the West Coast, however, surely you could meet up with people at some up-coming event in New York? In the past there have been gatherings from the FSM board who, contrary to some popular beliefs among some esteemed members here, are mostly very fine people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/e … tmccreary/

My review of Europa Report. Repeated listens changed my mind on this one. It is a lot more positive than my first couple of listens.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013
    Nice review Tom. Like yourself, I had to play it a couple of times to truly appreciate the depth of Bear's score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013
    Glad Tom you like it! I also needed a few listens but it's a fine score. McCreary has a good year, and the cd's are more listenable then some of his lengthier releases from the past years.
    Kazoo
  11. Bear McCreary and his band live in concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFSPywtBI0g
  12. I have a complete collection of McCreary's (and Gibb's) BSG material. I'd like to create a playlist for my mp3 player. I wonder if anyone out there has done that before?
    Alterntively I ponder simply using the score from "Daybreak" (CD 4/2) as I consider this the crown jewel of that musical journey.

Volker