• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    The blog post has been updated with a tracklist for the soundtrack!

Here’s the official track listing. You saw it here first:

1. The Graystone Family
    2. Terrorism On The Lev
    3. Grieving
    4. Lacey and Zoe-A
    5. Cybernetic Life Form Node
    7. Daniel Captures the Code
    8. A Tauron Sacrifice
    9. Amanda Graystone
    10. Joseph and Daniel
    11. Tamara’s Heartbeat
    12. Delivering the Message
    13. Monotheism At The Athena Academy
    14. Children of Caprica
    15. Irrecoverable Error
    16. The Adama Name
    17. Zoe Awakens
    18. CAPRICA End Credits
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    What are SERENITY and FIREFLY - the series, about? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Firefly is one of the best science fiction series available. Not only because it's genius in story telling and character developent, but also because the mass of fans have grown to love it. Actually, the show didn't attract many viewers on tv because FOX aired the episodes in the wrong order on the wrong dates. All bad luck happened to the show, but yet it was amazing. It was cancelled eventually after 14 or so episodes, but it ended with some really strong episodes, leaving lots of questions open. And especially this created a lot of community/hype in order to bring it back; a bit like Jericho if you will. Due to mass demand of the fans, a movie "Serenity" was eventually created which feels like a good (but a bit overwhelming - imho) ending to the series.

Now, what is it about? A group of smugglers living in space, all good people but outcast from society. Some on the run, some in it for the money, some for fun. Excellent cast, good writing, a special kind of humour, ... If you even like science fiction a bit, you should watch it. You won't regret.

Not that this has anything to do with Bear McCreary, though. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice. And Serenity?
  1. Also has nothing to do with Bear McCreary biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah but i see it being brought up all the time in here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009 edited
    Serenity is the movie that was made to provide an ending to the series. It also works rather well as a standalone film, as I saw it in theatres without ever having seen the show, and greatly enjoyed it.

So they are basically the same thing with different names...the TV series Firefly, the finale of which was the movie Serenity...so we just call it Firefly / Serenity smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah! Now i remember....this movie?

I tried to watch it 'cause of the admittedly excellent score, but it was horrible; i couldn't make it to the end smile Not my thing i guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Yes, that movie.

You clearly do not like sci-fi.... to each their own! smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Rian wrote
    Firefly is one of the best science fiction series available. Not only because it's genius in story telling and character developent, but also because the mass of fans have grown to love it. Actually, the show didn't attract many viewers on tv because FOX aired the episodes in the wrong order on the wrong dates. All bad luck happened to the show, but yet it was amazing. It was cancelled eventually after 14 or so episodes, but it ended with some really strong episodes, leaving lots of questions open. And especially this created a lot of community/hype in order to bring it back; a bit like Jericho if you will. Due to mass demand of the fans, a movie "Serenity" was eventually created which feels like a good (but a bit overwhelming - imho) ending to the series.

Now, what is it about? A group of smugglers living in space, all good people but outcast from society. Some on the run, some in it for the money, some for fun. Excellent cast, good writing, a special kind of humour, ... If you even like science fiction a bit, you should watch it. You won't regret.

Not that this has anything to do with Bear McCreary, though. biggrin

Yes, but why have such a big influence with all the western stuff!?!? That's what I can't accept - but I'm still watching it!

The other day we watched an episode entitled "Out of Gas". "After an explosion leaves Serenity crippled, Mal orders everyone to abandon ship while he stays behind in an attempt to make repairs - and reminisces how he found the ship and picked its crew."

Now THAT was an excellent episode and a fine example of lean storytelling!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Yes, but why have such a big influence with all the western stuff!?!? That's what I can't accept - but I'm still watching it!

The other day we watched an episode entitled "Out of Gas". "After an explosion leaves Serenity crippled, Mal orders everyone to abandon ship while he stays behind in an attempt to make repairs - and reminisces how he found the ship and picked its crew."

Now THAT was an excellent episode and a fine example of lean storytelling!

It's not solely influenced by western stuff. For example, the government/infrastructure seems to be in Chinese for the main part; they also curse in Chinese (very funny sometimes). And It's cool to see them bring western elements in there, like horses, cowboys. To me, it shows the 'primitive' culture on other planets, back to rougher origins, where the one with the biggest gun is in control. After seeing a dozen sci-fi flicks where they have personal shields and shoot laser beams at each other, this was a very welcome change to the genre.

If you think of it, it's the same reason why Star Wars became a success back in the seventies. Before that, space travel was all about utopia-like ships, but Lucas brought us dirty, criple ones like the Millennium Falcon, along with often rough and corrupt characters (who turn good overtime, ofc). It's the perfect mix which makes them stand out of the sci-fi genre. To me personally (and to get this thread semi-back on topic) it's the music which brings the magic to Battlestar Galactica.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Nice. And Serenity?

I never saw Firefly before I saw Serenity and I was immediately in love with all the characters. Plus you have a cool villain, a wonderful interesting story and special effects that kick ass no matter their low budget.

It is really a great movie, and David Newman's score really works too. If you ever get the chance, buy or rent in on blu-ray, it has an amazing sound quality shocked

9 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FIREFLY was a superb series that was killed off way too soon. I'm not the biggest Whedon fan, but this was a hit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    CAPRICA

CD COVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009 edited
    Not alone that, it seems the CD for Season 4 has also been added to Amazon, with a July 21 release date.
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galact … gy_m_img_b

Hmm.. I'm not really sure where to order the Caprica soundtrack. I would definitely like to own it authographed, and I usually buy it directly via La-La Land. However, I am unsatisfied about the way their cd's are being shipped: the crystal case usually ends up cracked - or worse... total loss!
    I noticed however that Bear is signing on May 31 at a session at Dark Delicacies and their site has the (probably?) autographed cd listed for 16$. Does anybody have experience with this shop? Are you guaranteed an autographed version?
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Rian wrote
    Not alone that, it seems the CD for Season 4 has also been added to Amazon, with a July 21 release date.
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galact … gy_m_img_b

Hmm.. I'm not really sure where to order the Caprica soundtrack. I would definitely like to own it authographed, and I usually buy it directly via La-La Land. However, I am unsatisfied about the way their cd's are being shipped: the crystal case usually ends up cracked - or worse... total loss!
    I noticed however that Bear is signing on May 31 at a session at Dark Delicacies and their site has the (probably?) autographed cd listed for 16$. Does anybody have experience with this shop? Are you guaranteed an autographed version?

I had once a small crack in the case from LLL. I guess I am lucky. biggrin I think you are guaranteed to get a sign CD, unless a particular guest does not appear. I have ordered from DD 1 time. The CDs were unwrapped and signed, while LLL sends you an extra autographed booklet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    CAPRICA

Track Listings

1. The Graystone Family (2:59)
    2. Terrorism On The Lev (3:11)
    3. Grieving (3:43)
    4. Lacey and Zoe-A (4:05)
    5. Cybernetic Life Form Node (3:12)
    6. Zoe's Avatar (3:01)
    7. Daniel Captures the Code (2:25)
    8. A Tauron Sacrifice (2:42)
    9. Amanda Graystone (3:02)
    10. Joseph and Daniel (4:15)
    11. Tamara's Heartbeat (1:39)
    12. Delivering the Message (2:53)
    13. Monotheism At The Athena Academy (3:31)
    14. Children of Caprica (2:26)
    15. Irrecoverable Error (2:44)
    16. The Adama Name (1:36)
    17. Zoe Awakens (2:19)
    18. Caprica End Credits (3:37)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 [SOUNDTRACK]
    Bear McCreary (Artist)

Product Details

* Audio CD (July 21, 2009)
    * Original Release Date: 2009
    * Number of Discs: 2
    * Format: Soundtrack
    * Label: La-La Land Records

(2-CD set) La-La Land Records proudly presents its 100th soundtrack release, the 2-CD Set Battlestar Galactica: Season 4. Acclaimed Battlestar composer Bear McCreary pulls out all the musical stops with his sensational music score to the fourth and final season of the critically lauded Sci Fi Channel television series starring Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff. McCreary enriches and expands his glorious, one-of-a-kind mix of orchestra, vocals, rock, world-beats and synth. A sonic powerhouse that lives on beyond this beloved television show.
  4. Now there's an album I'm looking forward to. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who isn't? Lots of great music in there! punk
  5. Christodoulides wrote

don't know, I'm still at Season 2 shame
    but considering how well the music is growing to emotional levels, I'm pretty sure I can relate to that
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

but considering how well the music is growing to emotional levels, I'm pretty sure I can relate to that

From season 3 (including) onwards the music touches brilliance.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

wow, I already thought one and two held some great moments
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

As a listening experience, season 3 was the perfection of all the musical ingredients that made the previous 2 so interesting. More mature, developed and coherent as a whole.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

As a listening experience, season 3 was the perfection of all the musical ingredients that made the previous 2 so interesting. More mature, developed and coherent as a whole.

oh man, I can't wait smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I love how everyone is embracing Battlestar Galactica's wonderful music now!
    I've been a devote of the show and music since the mini series and loved the evolution of Bear's scoring.
    This 2 CD release is very exiting! Not to mention Caprica! Roll on July/August! lick
  8. Looking forward to it as well, but I'll probably won't buy the S4 score before watching it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

A lot probably, particularly those who haven't seen the show. But I know I'm looking forward to it! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    They´ve definitely cancelled Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles angry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Marselus wrote
    They´ve definitely cancelled Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles angry

Hey?
    What?
    Without resolution?

I'm still in season one, which shows a lot of potential (though the scripts leaves something to be desired, and not all of the characters are as interesting).

I was kinda hoping this one would grow over time. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn