• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Who doesn't? smile It's a long time 'till February but surely this will be one of the highlights of the next year!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    Excellent! I loved the Caprica and previous BSG scores, would love to get this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Any comments on his tv work for TRAUMA and EUREKA?
  1. Christodoulides wrote

reviews of McCreary (including Eureka) will be online soon
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote

I enjoyed Eureka for what it is, a quirky, electronica, synth driven TV score. There's a bit of an oompa loompa, Elfman-ish feel to some of the cues, which adds to the quirky attitude. With a smidge of back-country focus on steel/acoustic guitar, accordion and harmonica instrumentations. It's worth listening to at least once, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Worth listening at least once, certainly, after all McCreary's a very interesting composer to follow. But from your description i am afraid the first listen will also be the last one too wink
  2. In my opinon -- as someone who's seen almost every single episode of "Eureka", from the pilot to the last episode -- neither Bear of Mothersbaugh did the show any scoring justice, though Bear was an improvement.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, it seems that it's ages behind his work for Battlestar Galactica then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    So, it seems that it's ages behind his work for Battlestar Galactica then wink

I would say that it's a different show and the sound that Bear gave the show is nice, but it's not revolutionary like it was for BSG.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010 edited
    Bear has updated his blog with some samples from the upcoming (well, NOW) pilot episode of Human Target. The main title sounds a bit odd at first, but I hope the music grows along with the series. It's still same Bear though, and he'll probably never get rid of that BSG ring that his music has to it. But wow, a full orchestra for every single episode, that's asking for the show to be cut for budget reasons. shocked

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=3224
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  3. Bear McCreary update, with the long awaited reviews of the Battlestar Albums (except Caprica which I've yet to see and hear)

- Battlestar Galactica: Season 1
    - Battlestar Galactica: Season 2
    - Battlestar Galactica: Season 3
    - Battlestar Galactica: Season 4
    - Eureka
    - Rest Stop: Don't Look Back

Enjoy smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bear McCreary update, with the long awaited reviews of the Battlestar Albums (except Caprica which I've yet to see and hear)

- Eureka

Enjoy smile

No Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles? slant

biggrin
  4. Rian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bear McCreary update, with the long awaited reviews of the Battlestar Albums (except Caprica which I've yet to see and hear)

- Eureka

Enjoy smile

No Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles? slant

biggrin

some people you can never please sad

nope, as long as I haven't seen the series, I will not risk going even near it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Rian wrote
    Bear has updated his blog with some samples from the upcoming (well, NOW) pilot episode of Human Target. The main title sounds a bit odd at first, but I hope the music grows along with the series. It's still same Bear though, and he'll probably never get rid of that BSG ring that his music has to it. But wow, a full orchestra for every single episode, that's asking for the show to be cut for budget reasons. shocked

Any plans for a cd release?

Thomas, good bunch of reviews!
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote

Any plans for a cd release?

Thomas, good bunch of reviews!

I'm sure everything Bear does will be released by La-la Land smile

Thanks Demetris, I couldn't have done them without having seen the episodes, that's why they are posted so late after the series have ended
  6. You mean after you had finished watching them knowing you were already overdue. cheesy

Great reviews bro, I wish I could write like that. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    You mean after you had finished watching them knowing you were already overdue. cheesy

Great reviews bro, I wish I could write like that. punk

I try to do my best smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010
    Battlestar Galactica: The Plan / Razor.
    The album comes out February 23rd. Here’s the official track list (as usual, you heard it here first!):

1. Apocalypse (Theme from “The Plan”)
    From “The Plan”
    Featuring Raya Yarbrough, vocals
    Lyrics Traditional
    Music by Bear McCreary
    2. Razor Main Title
    From “Razor”
    3. Arriving at Pegasus
    From “Razor”
    4. The Plan Main Title
    From “The Plan”
    5. Attack on the Scorpion Shipyards
    From “Razor”
    6. Apocalypse, Pt. I
    From “The Plan”
    7. Apocalypse, Pt. II
    From “The Plan”
    8. Pegasus Aftermath
    From “Razor”
    9. Kendra’s Memories
    From “Razor”
    10. Mayhem on the Colonies
    From “The Plan”
    11. Civilian Standoff on the Cylla
    From “Razor”
    12. Husker in Combat
    From “Razor”
    Contains “Theme from “Battlestar Galactica”
    by Stu Phillips and Glen A. Larson
    Adapted and Arranged by Bear McCreary
    13. Major Kendra Shaw
    From “Razor”
    14. Cavil Kills and Cavil Spares
    From “The Plan”
    Featuring Raya Yarbrough, vocals
    Music and Lyrics by Bear McCreary
    15. The Hybrid Awaits
    From “Razor”
    16. Kendra and the Hybrid
    From “Razor”
    17. Princes of the Universe
    From “The Plan”
    18. Starbuck’s Destiny
    From “Razor”
    19. Apocalypse (Theme from “The Plan”) [Bonus Live Version]
    Performed by The Battlestar Galactica Orchestra

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=3093
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Incredible news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's interesting reports, videos and photos in that link! ANTHRAX's guitarist on board? I used to be a fan of that band when in my teenage years, the score will rock, literally.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    SUMTHING ELSE MUSIC WORKS ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF THE DARK VOID™ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Highly Anticipated Orchestral Score Written and Produced by Acclaimed "Battlestar Galactica" Composer Bear McCreary

New York - January 21st, 2010 - Sumthing Else Music Works, through its licensing relationship with Capcom®, proudly presents Dark Void™ Original Soundtrack featuring the original orchestral score composed by Bear McCreary for the new third-person action game Dark Void. Developed by Airtight Studios and Capcom, Dark Void combines the thrill of soaring jetpack action with unique vertical cover and on-ground combat. Dark Void marks the first time that Bear McCreary, the composer of popular sci-fi TV series "Battlestar Galactica," has created a score for a video game. The Dark Void Original Soundtrack will release on February 9th, 2010 to retail outlets through Sumthing Else Music Works www.sumthing.com, and will be available for digital download on Sumthing Digital www.sumthingdigital.com.

Recorded at the renowned Warner Bros. Eastwood Scoring Stage and performed by some of the best orchestral musicians in the world, Dark Void Original Soundtrack features 80 minutes of score hand-picked by composer Bear McCreary. It also includes a special bonus track, "Theme from Dark Void (Mega Version)," an 8-bit rendering of the main theme produced by McCreary for Capcom's just shipped downloadable DSiWare™ title, Dark Void™ Zero.

Dark Void is a new sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fuelled blend of aerial and on-foot combat set in a parallel universe called "The Void". Players will take on the role of Will; a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances while on a routine air cargo flight he crash lands into the Bermuda triangle leading him to be trapped in the Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival at the head of a group called The Survivors. Also stuck in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.

Capcom will release Dark Void on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC in North America on January 19, 2010 and across Europe on January 22, 2010. For more information on Dark Void, please visit www.darkvoidgame.com. Dark Void Zero, Capcom's long lost prequel to Dark Void and ode to classic 8-bit gaming, is available today as a downloadable title for Nintendo's DSiWare.

For more information on Sumthing Else Music Works and its complete catalog of video game soundtracks, please visit www.sumthing.com and www.sumthingdigital.com.

Author: Top Dollar
  8. jeezus, Bear McCreary is hot, this guy gets all his music released punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    jeezus, Bear McCreary is hot, this guy gets all his music released punk

I can see how the first part of this sentence can get tremendously misinterpreted wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    jeezus, Bear McCreary is hot, this guy gets all his music released punk

I can see how the first part of this sentence can get tremendously misinterpreted wink

biggrin
    You´ve beaten me for a few seconds commenting that.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Brian Tyler will be so pissed man, if you think Bear's hotter than him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nobody is hotter than Brian Tyler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow. Look at us. Film score geeks and gay. It can only get ANY worse if you add racist othat! omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    .....and oil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wow. Look at us. Film score geeks and gay. It can only get ANY worse if you add racist othat! omg

Is being gay bad then? wink