• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2020
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bear McCreary breaks out the MAINTITLES kazoo for the Animal Crackers music video. Jump to 2:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrYWgwiY7iA

-Erik-

That is fantastic. He is fantastic!

The most famous kazoo in the world. Beautiful!
    Kazoo
  1. Ahhhh! So cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2021
    Just heard that Bear will be scoring Apple TV+’s new series Foundation, a sci-fi series based on Isaac Asimov’s books that I’m quite looking forward to. Stoked that Bear will be the composer. I haven’t delved into his music that much yet, but I liked what I heard, and the show getting a (hopefully) orchestral score will be potentially awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2021
    It's been a while since Bear wowed me (I think it might be the first soundtrack volume of OUTLANDER, actually), but I will check this out. Was not familiar with the Asimov at all.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2021
    Agreed. The most wowed I've been is with his recent live recordings of Battlestar Galactica... which doesn't count as new material. cool I think my favourite from the last 5 years is Rim of the World, but I always seem to keep returning to his older work...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2021 edited
    Given the longstanding Maintitles/McCreary connection, I think he should start posting here, or participate in our Zoom chats! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2021
    Yes… because this is obviously where his fans are :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2021
    I don't care about "fans". This is a place for proper conversations.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2021
    It was a joke referencing to how you were just talking about how he hadn’t wowed you guys in a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2021
    He, he...yeah, I know. Hence my point about this being the perfect place -- I don't "fan gush" very easily, so makes for a more natural conversation.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2021
    Gosh, FOUNDATION was a disappointing score. But I kinda liked the first episode of the series itself.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Not seen the show - one too many streaming services. But, what I have heard of the score it is a bit underwhelming.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Thor wrote
    Gosh, FOUNDATION was a disappointing score. But I kinda liked the first episode of the series itself.

Yep, it just kept going on and on and on ... without anything to hold on to
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Sometimes I wonder if I'm listening to something completely different.

It's GORGIOUS.