• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    SyFy really messed up by showing the finale as a two-parter.

Agreed. And Moore really messed by writing it as a --- oops. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Revelations

omg shocked omg shocked omg

Single most frakking brilliant episode until now... I was in tears !

The follow-up episode was equally fantastic, yet the feel of it was the total opposite.

Quite a ride, wasn´t it?

One hint: Plan ahead to have sufficient time to watch "The Oath" and "Blood on the Scales" back to back, you will need it. And also try to watch "Daybreak" in one session, too, since Part 1 is NOT a standalone episode, but only the first third of the story. SyFy really messed up by showing the finale as a two-parter.

Music-wise?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Thanks for the hint, Ralph. I will do just that. wink So far S4 has been a mindblowing rollercoaster ride. Even after a somewhat dragging third season, I didn't expect this. Wonder what's to come and who's the final Cylon, though I have a good guess who it might be. In fact the show just about threw it in my face. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Oh and Demetris, the music keeps on getting better as the season evolves. Particularly 'Revelations' was brilliant music-wise. And that's just in the middle.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    Wonder what's to come and who's the final Cylon, though I have a good guess who it might be. In fact the show just about threw it in my face. smile

You're wrong. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. We shall see if I'm wrong soon enough. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We shall. smile
    But trust me.

You're wrong.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. OK Willempje. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Whuh? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    To go right back to the beginning...I see that next week Sci-Fi Channel in the UK are screening the mini-series that began the new Battlestar Galactica. I'm hoping that they are going to give a regular slot to repeating the whole lot.

I've been waiting to give this a go right from the beginning.

Me too... I think Sci-Fi have shown that mini-series a few times over the last few weeks though. I watched about two and a half seasons of it before my "source" dried up. Now I actually have Sky myself, this has been most hoped-for thing to get a repeat from the start.

For the record, I pretty much loved it, but was not keen on the mystical stuff, and I get the impression that plays a greater role in the later seasons. (And I hate their alternative f-word. Juvenile nonsense. Either use the proper one, or don't bother at all.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Whuh? confused

Christophe's brother.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Surely that's Thomas, not Willem?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    For the record, I pretty much loved it, but was not keen on the mystical stuff, and I get the impression that plays a greater role in the later seasons.

Unfortunately: yes.
    And that seriously started to annoy me as well for several reasons that would involve too many spoilers to go into right now. Let's just say that overall it was getting needlessly messianic far too often.

(And I hate their alternative f-word. Juvenile nonsense. Either use the proper one, or don't bother at all.)

You would have prefered the one from the original series? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Oh and Demetris, the music keeps on getting better as the season evolves. Particularly 'Revelations' was brilliant music-wise. And that's just in the middle.

Thanks. A CD release would be very neat then!
  6. Southall wrote
    ...this has been most hoped-for thing to get a repeat from the start.

I don't know whether it's starting a whole re-run of the show - your mention that it's been on a few times recently makes me worry that it won't be repeated - but I, too, am hopeful.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Oh and Demetris, the music keeps on getting better as the season evolves. Particularly 'Revelations' was brilliant music-wise. And that's just in the middle.

Thanks. A CD release would be very neat then!

The CD is out already as a 2CD release. CD1 is the best of Season 4, CD 2 is the complete score for the series finale. Do I need to mention that it´s frakkin´ brilliant?

BTW, I´ll get the Complete Series on Blu-Ray for X-Mas. It will be my very first Blu-Ray, and we´ll get a PS3 especially because of that release.

Yeah, I still think Daybreak rocks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    OH

You're talking about season 4? I know, i have the album and the music is very emotional and heartfelt. But because i don't watch the show, i somehow mistakenly thought it was already on season 5 and you're talking about THAT music. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It only ran for 4 seasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    So when does the Season 5 soundtrack come out?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've still as yet to get to see this show properly ( I only caught the odd episode here & there and it looked damned good ), either someone I know may have it and loan it to me or it'll get repeated at some point?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote

As soon as Jerry Goldsmith is done composing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Southall wrote

As soon as Jerry Goldsmith is done composing it.

Goldsmith's doing it? Wow. Couldn't they afford Richard Gibbs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure, but they couldn't get around the significant drawback that he's alive.
  7. Goldsmith's doing BSG?

Awesome news. Will he be recording the score on glorious 8-track tape?

I'm hoping for a full analogue release. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Sure, but they couldn't get around the significant drawback that he's alive.

There was little evidence of that in his score for the BSG miniseries.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, there's a rumour going 'round HE is the Fifth Cylon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bear McCreary ISN'T doing season 5? That's not good news, no matter who is replacing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bear McCreary ISN'T doing season 5? That's not good news, no matter who is replacing.

I guess he's just had enough of it.

I hope they give Geoff Zanelli a call - I think he could pull it off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Zanelli could do what? Yes, he could PUT THE FRANCHISE OFF once and for all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can't think of anything witty to say, so I'll just repeat what Steven said a few posts ago - there IS no season five. It's finished after four.