• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. That character is teased a lot during the series, and it makes no difference when we get introduced to that specific prophecy. As a matter of fact, I find it even better to get teased about it after 2.17, and then getting reteased later when you nearly forgot about it. ^^

And after 2.17, the whole Pegasus affair is over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And after 2.17, the whole Pegasus affair is over.

3.04?
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited
    I know what you mean, I was referring to the [spoiler]actual discovery of the Pegasus (the three-parter), including the whole change-of-command business,[/spoiler] which is finished with 2.17. There is nothing in Razor that would hint on what´s happening after with that good old lady. As a matter of fact, the DVD version has the usual "Previously on BSG" teaser in front of the movie that specifically refers to the events in 2.17 as the most recent stuff happening, so I guess at least that version was edited to place it right after 2.17. I must admit I´ve never seen the TV version, but that was shorter than the DVD, so I don´t think there is other stuff in the TV version that would spoil anything that´s coming after.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2010
    Wow, that latest Caprica episode. An opera. AN OPERA!
  2. Rian wrote
    Wow, that latest Caprica episode. An opera. AN OPERA!

Was that the mid-season finale, "End of The Line"?

I watched it last night and thought it was also excellent. But I'll have forgotten it all by the time it starts again here in the autumn!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Is Caprica recommended if you love BSG ?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    No, not really. Well I wouldn't anyway. I've watched a few episodes, and it holds very little interest for me - and I'm a HUGE Battlestar Galactica fan. I think I might start watching BSG again rather than continue with Caprica.
  4. I've heard it's more drama-oriented with emphasis on characters. Whereas BSG also had epic action / suspense as well as character-driven drama.

I might as well give it a go. BSG can wait a little before I rewatch it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Is Caprica recommended if you love BSG ?

I don't know as I haven't seen any BSG.

WHat I would say is that it's more soap opera with a sci-fi slant rather than the other way round. Sometimes I struggle to stick with it because of this soap opera emphasis, but it usually keeps me watching because there's just enough sci-fi to keep me. And the characterisation must be effective enough to keep me going.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    In that case Alan, I highly recommend you watch BSG, especially if you have the patience to watch Caprica for its sci-fi! (Get it in HD if you can. It deserves to be seen in HD.)

Battlestar Galactica is just one of those very memorable shows. Like the X-Files and things of that quality.
  6. I certainly want to see BSG at some point. I need to find somewhere that lists chronologically the best way to watch the various seasons and the "specials" (e.g., Razor, The Plan, etc).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I never bothered with The Plan, for me it finished when season 4 finished. I might watch it at some point though? Razor is okay, but not essential to the story. You'd do fine to just watch the mini series (read: 3 hour long introduction) then the 4 seasons. The 'webisodes' don't really add that much.
  7. Steven wrote
    I never bothered with The Plan, for me it finished when season 4 finished. I might watch it at some point though? Razor is okay, but not essential to the story. You'd do fine to just watch the mini series (read: 3 hour long introduction) then the 4 seasons. The 'webisodes' don't really add that much.

Cheers!
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Is Caprica recommended if you love BSG ?

the pilot was pretty boring for me
    don't know about the episodes though
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I certainly want to see BSG at some point. I need to find somewhere that lists chronologically the best way to watch the various seasons and the "specials" (e.g., Razor, The Plan, etc).

Just watch it in the sequence it was broadcast.
    Seriously.
    Even though some episodes/features were set earlier in the internal chronological timeline, they still only make sense if you have watched what has come before in the broadcast sequence.

Trust me, it's the best viewing experience.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  9. ^

That's a FACT ! IMO !!

Miniseries
    S1
    S2
    S3
    Razor
    S4
    The Plan (I assume as I've never seen it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    ^

That's a FACT ! IMO !!

Is it still a fact if I disagree with your opinion?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Steven wrote

Is it still a fact if I disagree with your opinion?

Fact!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    I agree about The Plan, but Razor can be easily put where it belongs within the storyline, right after 2.17, The Captain´s Hand. Even the episode recap is cut in that way.

I would avoid to put The Plan anywhere into the first run, because it really should be seen after all the other information is out, but it makes a terrible end to the series, so I would watch it on rewatch only, I can imagine watching The Plan after Season 2, or after 4.15 Exit.
  10. I'm not surprised to hear CAPRICA has more of a soap opera feel. Take a bow, supervising writer, Jane Espenson. You were one of the key ingredients in BSG's gradual slide to soap opera.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. franz_conrad wrote
    I'm not surprised to hear CAPRICA has more of a soap opera feel. Take a bow, supervising writer, Jane Espenson. You were one of the key ingredients in BSG's gradual slide to soap opera.

Hi,

I have watched all Caprica episodes, and although I haven't fallen in love with this series as I did with BSG I will keep on watching it. It does have some redeeming qualities, and it has a kickass score. McCreary's work on this for me is the biggest part of why I watch this series.

In the mid season final (End of Line) he actually got the chance to write a mini-opera. He used two singers, a wonderful soprano Elissa Johnston, and a bariton that goes by the name of Felix Geata, urhm I mean Alessandro Juliani. Pieces of Capricoperatica as it has been jokingly called, can be heard on Bear McCreary's blog entry about the episode http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=4076 but please be aware of huge spoilers.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    I've only watched 5 episodes so far but I'm actually enjoying it. Quite engaging if you really enter it with full interest.
    And yes, Bear's music is absolutely top notch and I hope a CD of season 1's score gets a release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010
    Hey everyone, as i am not relevant to the show itself and i don't watch it, could someone relevant to the topic inform me in which specific episode / scene are the following tracks from THE PLAN / RAZOR cd released being used?

" 6. Apocalypse, Pt. I -" From The Plan, and as a great song, in
    " 1. Apocalypse (Theme from The Plan) - From The Plan (4:06)" Featuring Raya Yarbrough, vocals.

Thank you!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010
    I know that "1. Apocalypse (Theme from The Plan) - From The Plan (4:06)" is used in the end titles.
    "6. Apocalypse, Pt. I" I'm not sure. I'll have to watch it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010
    Thank you!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.