• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    I like Boomer. She's cute. love
  1. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    just saw episode 8 of season 2

6 and 7 were again classic stuff (touching music) and eight gives it a human spin. And I love that Battlestar Galactica theme statement of Stu Philips punk

Huh, strange. I watched that one this morning. dizzy

Bitch was a Cylon...

Oh, so it was her, not Tigh's wife? I thought they showed his wife lol

I've been listening to Philips's theme a lot today.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

6 and 7 were again classic stuff (touching music) and eight gives it a human spin. And I love that Battlestar Galactica theme statement of Stu Philips punk

Bitch was a Cylon...

I would really like to see this series. Did you buy, borrow or download it Steven?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Steven wrote
    I like Boomer. She's cute. love

she's cute, and luckily there are many copies
    meaning we can each have one biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Bitch was a Cylon...

I would really like to see this series. Did you buy, borrow or download it Steven?

Downloaded it. In beautiful HD! (1.09 GB per episode, but worth it.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Bitch was a Cylon...

Downloaded it. In beautiful HD! (1.09 GB per episode, but worth it.)

I thought you might have. I think I'll follow suit this week cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009 edited
    Yes, well, when you've payed for a Rapidshare account you can be sure you're gonna want to take advantage of it. wink

It's illegal, for sure. But don't worry, I draw the line at murder.
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Bitch was a Cylon...

yep, 4 already we saw, 4 to go
    I'm so not going to like this who those other 4 are crazy

I can tell you right now you'll not see it coming!

Episode 8 is where Lucy Lawless is introduced right?

From then on the good episodes just keep coming. Enjoy the show guys.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Oooo.... that means you guys are just about to come across PEGASUS. cool
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. franz_conrad wrote
    Oooo.... that means you guys are just about to come across PEGASUS. cool

drats, I heard so much about this Pegasus
    I'm curious and intruiged smile
  6. Yeah, that was an amazing arc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009
    And the music in the Pegasus arc.... b-e-a-utiful! lick
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  7. Just Reached the first of THREE? shocked Pegasus episodes
    And my god, this is by far out the best one yet
    What a way to introduce us to Pegasus

I can't wait to see the continuation
    Go ADAMA woooohoooooooooooooooo punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    Adama's a friggin legend.

Oh god, I'm turning into a BSG freak like the Lost freaks. Crap.
  8. Steven wrote
    Adama's a friggin legend.

Oh god, I'm turning into a BSG freak like the Lost freaks. Crap.

Yeah, man I just love this guy kiss
    At least Battlestar hasn't dissapointed me yet, Lost already did several times (and I've yet to see Season 5 dizzy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    At least they EXPLAIN SHIT in Battlestar Galactica!
  9. Steven wrote
    At least they EXPLAIN SHIT in Battlestar Galactica!

ah yes biggrin
    anyway, I'm at 10 of episode 2, Steven at which are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Watched episode 13 yesterday. Those Pegasus episodes are indeed awesome.
  10. Steven wrote
    Watched episode 13 yesterday. Those Pegasus episodes are indeed awesome.

ahhhh man I can't wait
    ps, have you see the order at IMDB as to watch everything of BG? shocked

I'm new to the show, what do I watch first?
    Battlestar Galactica is best watched in a definite progression so you understand the long story arcs.

1) Miniseries (2003) - Originally aired in two 2-hour parts (1hr30 without commercials), presented on DVD releases as one 3-hour movie. Basically a 3-hour pilot. Region 1 DVD of Season 1 includes this on Disc 1; other countries, it is available separately. While a recap is provided in the first regular-series episode, like the pilot of Twin Peaks, it is very necessary to watch the miniseries beforehand.

2) Season 1 (2004/2005) - Contains 13 episodes, "33" through "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2."

3) Season 2 (2005-2006) - Contains 20 episodes. Released in US as "Season 2.0" (10 episodes) and "Season 2.5" (10 episodes); elsewhere as "Season Two" (all 20). The US "Season 2.0" contains the aired (44 minutes) version of "Pegasus," while Season 2.5 begins with the extended version (58 minutes; highly recommended over the aired version) - releases in other countries only contain the extended version.

4) Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance webisode series (2006) - Consists of 10 "webisodes" that bridge the gap between Seasons 2 and 3. Not 100% necessary, but it enhances aspects of early Season 3, which pay off much better if you watch the webisodes. Not available (legally) outside of North America - available online or on Region 1 Season 3 DVD set (on disc 2's special features, for some reason).

5) Season 3 (2006-2007) - Contains 20 episodes. Region 1 DVD contains both aired (43 mins) and extended (70 mins) versions of "Unfinished Business" (extended version recommended over aired version) - other releases do not contain extended version.

6) Battlestar Galactica: Razor (2007) - 2-hour TV movie (officially the first 2 episodes of Season 4). Takes place during Season 2 with flashbacks to Miniseries timeframe and earlier, but should be viewed here, not during Season 2. Not 100% necessary, but it adds detail to certain aspects of the series. DVD contains extended and aired versions (extended version recommended over aired version).

7) Season 4, Part 1 (2008) - Contains 10 episodes. Also known as "Season 4.0." US DVD release contains Razor DVD as disc 1.

8) Battlestar Galactica: The Face of the Enemy webisode series (2008-2009) - Consists of 10 "webisodes" that take place between Season 4, Part 1 and Season 4, Part 2. Currently available to US residents on SciFi.Com (probably available illegally elsewhere to non-US residents). Function is similar to The Resistance. Will most likely be included with Season 4.5 DVD. The events of this actually take place after the first episode of Season, Part 2 (or 4.5), though they were released before that episode. It doesn't really matter much whether you watch it before that episode or after (though I recommend watching it after).

9) Season 4, Part 2 (2009) - The final 10 episodes. DVD to be released in summer 2009 (in region 1 as "Season 4.5," other regions as "The Final Season" since "Season 4.0" was released there as "Season Four"). According to series creator Ronald D. Moore, 3 episodes from this "season" will be extended on the DVD: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul" by ~10 minutes; "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" by ~20 minutes; and "Daybreak" by ~20 minutes. "Daybreak," broadcast in two parts, may also be combined as one long episode on the DVD, as that's how the finale was initially structured.

10) Battlestar Galactica: The Plan (Fall 2009) - Post-series prequel TV movie to be aired after the series ends at some point (according to SciFi, fall 2009). Mainly deals with the events of the miniseries and immediately thereafter from the Cylon point of view.

11) Caprica (2009/2010 - ?) - Prequel TV series set some 40-50 years before Battlestar, currently in production. Its impact on the Battlestar mythos is unknown. DVD of pilot episode to be released April 21, 2009, after Galactica ends its run, but apparently before the TV movie The Plan is released. However, it will not premiere on TV until 2010, as the rest of the series hasn't even begun shooting (as of March 2009). The DVD of the pilot will be extended from its aired version.
  11. Just finished Season Two today. Looking forward to Season Three and pieces like Storming New Caprica in context.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    I like how some of you are annoyed by the LOST topic and its discussions wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We've a long way to go before it reaches Lost thread-proportions. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah; right, you do. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "The Plan"? "Caprica"?

It's FINISHED!
    It's OVER!
    The series have ENDED!

Did they forget to inform the production company?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  12. That order at IMDB is very well done, and I agree to almost anything said, though I see no reason whatsoever why Razor shouldn´t be watched where it takes place, between Episodes 2.17 and 2.18. The DVD version even got the standard "Previously on BSG" prologue complete with recaps up to and including 2.17, not 3.20, so I think the intension was to make it possible to insert it at the right place. It doesn´t hurt if you watch it later, but it can be a bit confusing out of direct context, because the main plot is taking place just after 2.17, and it has many flashbacks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    In a way.. but I really see Razor - and from what I read - the Plan as two separate 'episodes' within the Battlestar series. It does its best to totally not focus on the main storyline that's been maintained throughout the series, but takes time to tell about what happens aside of it. You don't really miss anything if you haven't seen them (except for maybe that legendary sentence, but then again you don't miss that much). For what it's worth, Razor could have come out in 5 years, still fit the story and be as great as it is now.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  13. I found RAZOR a little bit of a missed opportunity actually. With the exception of the position of Kendra Shaw within the story of Pegasus, most of the things we saw were things that we'd been told about or hinted at in the original Pegasus arc. Better to achieve some surprise in the flashbacks (which Gina was, to an extent, but I'd guessed her significance to Cain in the original Pegasus arc). To strain a metaphor, somehow the dark path Cain chose became a lot less ominous by the way they chose to shine a light on it. The Galactica section of the story also felt like it wasn't the best plot to counterpoint with Shaw's history with Cain.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's the one thing I did like a LOT better in the old series.
    The fate of the Pegasus is just hinted at, in a deeply disturbing way.

Ah well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  14. 78' series?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yep.
    A pretty disturbing scene (well, to my young and impressionable mind at the time anyway) doing nothing more but suggest a fate that is worse than mere physical death, but suggests a randomness and inflicting of suffering that is truly the remit of a Deity who doesn't care.