• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. All of the characters have their strong and weak points, and the writers manage to write the storylines around those characteristics, which is what I love about BSG.

I'm nearing the end of season 1 bro, what a great show (again).

beer beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    All of the characters have their strong and weak points, and the writers manage to write the storylines around those characteristics, which is what I love about BSG.

I'm nearing the end of season 1 bro, what a great show (again).

beer beer

Still, Helo for me is the most righteous

I'm closing Season 3, the final duo episode is the only that stands in my way wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the episode "The Woman King" from Series 3 confirmed what I was expecting for a long time.

Well, believe it or not, but that episode is one of those that I dislike the most. Sure, there's deep character development, but it feels like suuuuuuuch a filler... slant
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the episode "The Woman King" from Series 3 confirmed what I was expecting for a long time

The most respectful character in the entire Battlestar Galactica series is Helo, and since now he has my deepest sympathy.

Go Helo punk

I like Helo, always have. Something very noble about that character, and I'm very glad the actor who plays him is in Whedon's new series.
  3. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    the episode "The Woman King" from Series 3 confirmed what I was expecting for a long time

The most respectful character in the entire Battlestar Galactica series is Helo, and since now he has my deepest sympathy.

Go Helo punk

I like Helo, always have. Something very noble about that character, and I'm very glad the actor who plays him is in Whedon's new series.

ah cool, I liked him from the start as well

And my god shocked I have seen the end of SEASON 3 shocked and it is unbelievable shocked

What an ending shocked

I still can't believe it shocked

fracking amazing shocked

wink
  4. So is every season's finale. Only one emoticon is appropriate.

shocked

or if you don't like that

punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And....the LOST thread is...odd? wink biggrin kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Lost = confused
  6. Christodoulides wrote

not lost thread is odd

just lost is odd wink

I having the pleasure to start with season 5 as of next week

I can't wait, sheer anticipation sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, this is odd:

-->

Thomas Glorieux wrote

And my god shocked I have seen the end of SEASON 3 shocked and it is unbelievable shocked

What an ending shocked

fracking amazing shocked

wink

<--

wink
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    No, this is odd:

-->

Thomas Glorieux wrote

What an ending shocked

fracking amazing shocked

wink

<--

wink

I'm assuming then you're not a Galactica?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Last time i checked i was simply a human being confused
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Last time i checked i was simply a human being confused

No, I meant a fan of Galactica

You know, like a Trekkie, are you a Galactica?
    don't know which word summarizes us shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Not really. I absolutely adore the music though;
  9. Christodoulides wrote

then you'll never know why I posted

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

The only thing odd about the Lost thread is the way certain individuals discuss it, as though it were REALLY HAPPENING (which I think is just sad, sorry). At least the BSG thread hasn't reached über-nerd proportions. Most discussions thus far have remained level-headed (if only for the odd to-be-expected outbursts of enthusiasm of which I agree with) and analytic to a point that never oversteps the boundary between an interesting discussion and plain obsessive and frankly boring.

My point in the Lost thread has never been about dulling people's enthusiasm, far from it. I'm just always a little bewildered as to how obsessive these things can become. I love both shows, but I'd get bored with discussing them all the time. Hence why I don't... and I'm still deep into this show, almost finished with the final season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "At least the BSG thread hasn't reached über-nerd proportions."

Yet wink

LOST is far more realistic (ok, i know you giggled) than BSG, in many aspects, and one can easily get obssessed with it OR APPEAR TO BE OBSESSED WITH. Hell even some scientists will tell you some of that stuff is possible. I haven't seen it proven yet, but still. I am sure most people do have a grip on reality regardless, no matter how it might appear some times wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

then you'll never know why I posted

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

shocked

wink

Stop with the Shock treatment already !!!

You're making me dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    "At least the BSG thread hasn't reached über-nerd proportions."

Yet wink

Unless Greekfox decides to branch out into other shows, I highly doubt that.

LOST is far more realistic (ok, i know you giggled) than BSG, in many aspects

I disagree. Especially the latter part of that sentence.

As a fan of both shows, I would say that Lost is by far the LEAST realistic of the two mostly because of its fantasy aspect, even though it deals with character relationships and emotions in a relatively realistic way. BSG on the other hand not only deals with the human impact of many of its themes it raises, but also deals with a lot of politics, especially concerning religion/s. Just because it's set in a futuristic, otherworldly 'universe' does not necessarily imply it should be unrealistic in any sense - which is what the makers of the show have clearly striven for. It deals with a very human aspect of a post-apocalyptic future and consistently deals with very real, palpable themes. This humanistic view is pretty much the underlying point to BSG as whole; Lost is partially about this, yet its fantasy/mystery aspect plays an equally big if not bigger part of the show.

Lost is escapism at its very best. BSG is far more gritty and realistic.

On a side-note and just out of curiosity, have you ever seen an entire season of BSG?

Note how I never use language as though I believe it were real when describing my thoughts about BSG. This is the difference, IMO, between an interesting discussion about a show and an obsessive one. Just wanted to be clear on that before I'm accused of being obsessed myself! biggrin
  10. indeed, first see an entire season of BSG and then you must compare

I recommend with Season 1, because you wouldn't understand 2 or 3 when you begin with those wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well yes, it's exactly like Lost in that there is an ultimate end to the whole series where (almost) each episode is another step towards that final destination... that I've yet to see!
  11. Steven wrote
    Well yes, it's exactly like Lost in that there is an ultimate end to the whole series where (almost) each episode is another step towards that final destination... that I've yet to see!

where are you at Steven?
    I just finished Season 3
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    About half way through season 4. Although brilliant, my favourite story arc remains to be the Pegasus episodes.
  12. Thomas Glorieux wrote

Go Helo punk

That's interesting. I thought that was one of the biggest lowpoints in the show. That, and the episode after, 'A Day in the Life'.

I agree with Steven about Pegasus being the highpoint for me. The election arc at the end of season 2, and the New Caprica arc were also brilliant.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  13. Steven wrote
    About half way through season 4. Although brilliant, my favourite story arc remains to be the Pegasus episodes.

drats, don't spoil anything, we haven't got Season 4 yet tongue
  14. franz_conrad wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Go Helo punk

That's interesting. I thought that was one of the biggest lowpoints in the show. That, and the episode after, 'A Day in the Life'.

I agree with Steven about Pegasus being the highpoint for me. The election arc at the end of season 2, and the New Caprica arc were also brilliant.

I must say that I wasn't too bored with these spin off character episodes. I liked them because they gave room for character development. And besides any series does them, look at LOST. But I think they are much better here because they alow you to love or hate the character.

Anyway, can't wait for SEASON 4 punk
  15. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    But I think they are much better here because they alow you to love or hate the character.

I think that was my problem with them. I love character episodes like 'Maelstrom' (which really got into the mystery of suicide for me, as did a later episode), but things like 'The Woman King' are trickier. *SPOILER* Bruce Davidson's Doctor is as transparent as a Scooby Doo villian. *END SPOILER*
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    Oh joy of joys.
    The reimaged is being reimagined.

The very meta-levels are driving me to drink. slant
    (As if I needed an additional excuse, but let's not get into that)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited
    Okay then.

Instead of doing a sequel to either of the both franchises (I wouldn´t mind which one), they start the whole thing over... again?!?

This is frakking nuts. How many ways are there to bomb the Twelve Colonies and get a ragtag fleet together? Unless they find something very original somewhere in that Search For Earth Theme, this screams for BORE!

And they better get Richard Hatch to play (any) Adama, or they will have TWO fandoms at their throats.

Honestly, of all the stupid remake ideas which are currently out there, this is probably the worst move of them all. I mean, I would LOVE to see a great BSG movie, but only if they went along with one of the already existing storyverses.

A third version? Meh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009 edited
    Complete pointless! A big screen remake of a TV-series which is already available for everyone to see. Who do they think they will attract with this: people who don't have internet, DVD-players or cable subscription? So they're making this for the jungle people in the Amazon forest then?

Besides why try to improve an already great show?

What a stupid idea... rolleyes