• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    Oh joy of joys.
    The reimaged is being reimagined.

The very meta-levels are driving me to drink. slant
    (As if I needed an additional excuse, but let's not get into that)

okay, in a way pointless

but in the hands of the right director interesting
    and Singer's a great director punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Yeah but unless they use the same cast which is engraved in my brain as the definite BSG cast, this will get a 'BOLLOCKS' rating from me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    As my old mother would say, what a load of bollocks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    LOST is far more realistic (ok, i know you giggled) than BSG, in many aspects

OH MY GOD. The above statement has been on the Internet for six weeks and I've only just seen it.

Thank you Demetris for providing me with what may very well be the most awe-inspiringly, raucously funny moment of my 31.5 years on this planet.
  3. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    LOST is far more realistic (ok, i know you giggled) than BSG, in many aspects

OH MY GOD. The above statement has been on the Internet for six weeks and I've only just seen it.

Thank you Demetris for providing me with what may very well be the most awe-inspiringly, raucously funny moment of my 31.5 years on this planet.

Indeed. It is a staggering statement.

Particularly since we know Demetris has never bothered to watch the show.

And Brian Singer has gotten way too much credit for THE USUAL SUSPECTS. Have any of his other films been nearly as good?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Maybe it's about the fact that Lost doesn't take place in the outer space? bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe it's about the fact that Lost doesn't take place in the outer space? bunny

Are you so sure that it doesn't?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Right, the writers' brains do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, it's still a distinct possibility the whole thing is some sort of virtual reality experiment during a deep sleep aboard a space station, so, you know...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Touche lol
  7. PawelStroinski wrote
    Maybe it's about the fact that Lost doesn't take place in the outer space? bunny

I think if you start to stack up the intentional surreality of LOST against the practical sci-fi of BSG, BSG looks pretty realistic. Apart from the imperceptible cybernetic technology and the faster-than-light drives, the rest of it is very close to the technology we know (nuclear weapons, etc.).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    And Brian Singer has gotten way too much credit for THE USUAL SUSPECTS. Have any of his other films been nearly as good?

No.
  8. franz_conrad wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I think if you start to stack up the intentional surreality of LOST against the practical sci-fi of BSG, BSG looks pretty realistic. Apart from the imperceptible cybernetic technology and the faster-than-light drives, the rest of it is very close to the technology we know (nuclear weapons, etc.).

I like how the series DON'T use lasers in the battle scenes. Also I like how it is used as a parable for modern world. Something that was very evident to me was the scene in Scar, when Starbuck went through the photos of people lost in the Cylon attack on the colonies. It was so 9/11 that you couldn't miss it.
  9. franz_conrad wrote

I think X-Men 2 is one of the best superhero movies yet wink
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Not a genre marked by cinematic excellence, that one. wink
  11. True. Christopher Nolan is the closest I think.

And Tim Burton, of course.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    I really don't like Burton's take on Batman, a step in the right direction but ultimately it was crap!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  12. franz_conrad wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I like them, all of them, even though I know X-3 doesn't carry the same brilliance as the first 2
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I like them, all of them, even though I know X-3 doesn't carry the same brilliance as the first 2

That's putting it mildly! I quite enjoyed the first two (the second, probably more than the first, despite its hideous score) - the third is terrible.

It is not a genre which has provided me with too many cinematic treats - but recently I've enjoyed Nolan's Batman films, and Iron Man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    A BSG movie? Oh for the love of total-lack-of-inspiration God.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You shoulda dropped the G from BSG biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. Christodoulides wrote
    A BSG movie? Oh for the love of total-lack-of-inspiration God.

it is better than LOST: THE MOVIE
    It goes about a plane crash on a deserted island called New York, and the unbelievable tale of finding pole bears (in the New York zoo)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

Both sound crap to me wink
  14. Watch the series Demetris, then judge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited
    No, you misunderstood; the prospect of a movie, sounds crap to me; for both bsg and lost.
  15. Christodoulides wrote
    No, you misunderstood; the prospect of a movie, sounds crap to me; for both bsg and lost.

okay, no harm there

but watch the series Battlestar Galactica, you'd be surprised how much you'll like it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Agreed. It's really a character-driven series that just happens to take place in outer space for a large part.
    The first three seasons are easily among the best TV I have ever seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah D. you've asked us a long time ago where to start with this series, you really should get into it, especially since you like the music so much too! You'll love it, i'm sure. The hardest part is the first half hour of the Miniseries, because it drags a bit, but that's because of all the characters etc. you'll get into it once the ...

+, you'll love the cylon women! wink
    Kazoo
  16. For me one of the best performed characters is Gaius Baltar, the actor James Callis just puts so much feeling and uncertainty and arrogance in the role that I'm always entertained whenever he pops up on screen. His interactions with the invisible (1) Miss Helfer are a treat to watch. cheesy

(1) You'll know why if you watch the series.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I like the actor. Not too mad about the character (it IS a bit of a one-noter).
    The character I really, really like is Gaeta. Truly excellent character development and SO well acted!