• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    One of film music's greatest orchestrator's and not a bad composer as well.

http://fsm.rciwebhosting.net/board/post … ;archive=0

Always sad to see these legends leave us.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Indeed. RIP Mr Courage.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    AHHH!! Just today I have been listening to Superman IV... the only soundtrack I have from him.

The irony shocked

I also know him from his collaborations with the late Mr. Goldsmith, and of course his famous Star Trek themes.

Life ends for us all! There's no escape...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    One of film music's greatest orchestrator's and not a bad composer as well.

http://fsm.rciwebhosting.net/board/post … ;archive=0

Always sad to see these legends leave us.

-Erik-

A Legend and the orchestrater of Legend yet much more than that.

Very VERY sad to hear this sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Sad news indeed. His theme to the original Star Trek is one of those tunes I often catch myself humming unconsciously.

He will be missed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    This dear man was (is) an icon!

His music shall live on forever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Courage never rose to the A-list (and I guess even the B-list was a bit of a chore), always being stuck with mediocre movies. His scores -whether on TV or film- were generally solid, though seldom truly memorable.

He has however, through Star Trek, pased into popular memory, not only through the opening notes of the main theme, but also with the screeching MYAAAAAH MYAAAAAH effect (used first, if memory serves, in the episode Amok Time), that has become so synonymous with the idea of conflict that Jim Carrey even spoofed it on The Cable Guy.

That he will be outllived by this memory already shows he's created something larger than life.
    Requiescat in pace, Alexander.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. May he go well beyond where no one has gone before.

Another arrow, then... *sniff*

>>>--------------------<>
  3. ohhh, this is sad news. sad
    May he rest in peace, and may he reunite with Jerry Goldsmith up there smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nice one, Thomas. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. I was saddened when I heard the news.

I'm convinced that his music (along with many other composers) had an influence on me when I was a child (constantly hearing his music for Star Trek) and played a part in my love for film and TV scores I enjoy today.

Like many people, my experience of his music was limited to his Star Trek music and, more recently his contributions to the Superman movies.

Thank you, Mr. Courage and R.I.P.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn