• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008
    I be speechless for once. shocked (But I managed a PM. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer's a better man than I am.
    You'd have to pry my vinyl copy from my cold, dead hands... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Well, I do have plenty of vinyl albums I would NEVER part with, the double LP SUPERMAN being first and foremost amongst them with John Williams signature big and bold above the fold out pic of Chris Reeves flying as Supes cool

I sold or got rid of 100's of albums and still have about 300 soundtracks left, the majority of which I'll gladly sale or give away eventually.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm getting better at using Audition so my transfers are really quite acceptable.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Audition is a great tool Tom as far as simple to use and user-friendly professional software goes; stick with it, once you learn it you won't change it for anything else.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Well, I do have plenty of vinyl albums I would NEVER part with, the double LP SUPERMAN being first and foremost amongst them with John Williams signature big and bold above the fold out pic of Chris Reeves flying as Supes cool

I sold or got rid of 100's of albums and still have about 300 soundtracks left, the majority of which I'll gladly sale or give away eventually.

WOW!

Just going through storage and there's a lot of treasure amongst my LP's...

A lot of Barry that I don't own on CD such as Follow Me, Walkabout ( original score bootleg ), Jagged Edge, Inside Moves, The Dove. Loads of Goldsmith originals like Our Man Flint, In Like Flint, Sebastian, Justine and even a SUPERMAN 45rpm picture disc which I thought I'd lost!?

I'd also completely forgotten that I used to write the date on the inner sleeve of LP's denoting the date I bought it, looking at Raiders of The Lost Ark I see that I bought it in October 1981.....27 friggin' years ago!!! shocked shocked shocked

Where's it all gone? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer I'd consider an ion turntable
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven, I know of a place that has the vinyl Raiders for sale for 12 pounds.
    Is that reasonable enough?
    (It IS second-hand, obviously)

Aw, you edited it. I thought it was a play on words and Harrison Ford? Second-han? biggrin

Just out of interest, where would one find such a place?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer I'd consider an ion turntable
    Thomas smile

A what? confused

For those who it applies to, can any of you remember the very last original film score soundtack you ever bought on vinyl?

Mine was BEETLEJUICE by Danny Elfman
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2008
    http://www.ion-audio.com/ionttusb05

It is a turntable that goes directly to your computer to create a digital file.

Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    http://www.ion-audio.com/ionttusb05

It is a turntable that goes directly to your computer to create a digital file.

Thomas smile

Of course shame

Actually Tom, a friend of mine will do LP's for me, it's just up to me to sort them out and take them 'round his place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A cassette unit is also available for $140.00
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    This is very interesting: it's a description of a proper test on telling difference between different source materials.
    http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/ind … opic=16295

It's a response on someone moaning about some spectograph readings that show a cutoff in music files that have been compressed a certain way. While "well, you don't listen with your EYES, so you?" would have been my esteemed response, someone actually took the trouble of applying some scientific protocol.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    Way over my head and the fact that he was advertising Marijuana drug testing kits was, well!
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008 edited
    Drug testing kits?
    confused
    Are we talking about the same page?

EDIT: you're right about the complexity, though. The reader should have at least a glancing knowledge of formal statistics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    The ad that was on the home page when I went to the site.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchan … ode=SHVN5P

Yikes!!! I just looked up the cost of my needle.
    Thomas smile
  1. sdtom wrote
    http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchan … ode=SHVN5P

Yikes!!! I just looked up the cost of my needle.
    Thomas smile

Yikes!!

But remember, Tom. This needle does have a "...beryllium shank and Nude Hyperelliptical diamond for excellent tracking and tracing of record grooves..." wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. a nude diamond? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    a nude diamond? biggrin

A nude Hyperelliptical diamond, no less!! That's the best type (so I have been told). wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Apparently this is the original replacement equipment. Still a lot of money
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    I am listening to Walk on the Wild Side, the CD and I know there is a difference in the sound (high end) between it and the LP. Something happened in the re-master.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    I wonder if the ear wants a mistake or two when it listens to a recording.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I wonder if the ear wants a mistake or two when it listens to a recording.
    Thomas smile

What does that mean?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It wants to hear this sort of variation in the sound pattern.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    sdtom wrote
    It wants to hear this sort of variation in the sound pattern.

Again... huh?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2008
    Your brain is looking/listening for a small imperfection. This is a good not a bad thing.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    Your brain is looking/listening for a small imperfection. This is a good not a bad thing.
    Thomas smile

Really? Personally, I don't want to hear a mistake.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You don't hear the mistake necessarily but it is there for your brain which is a good thing. I'm not talking about clicks, pops, surface noise. I'm talking about the analog process. In theory digital is perfect.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

Some of this is appropriate for this thread.

Thomas smile