• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    Are you talking about film editing or sound editing?
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    Film editing (transition between shots).
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    I got Close Encounters of the Third Kind on DVD last week. It was a strange film, well shot though. I can't really describe how I feel about it. I'm gonna have to watch again soon.
    The 5 note tune stuck in my head afterwards smile .
    I also bought V for Vendetta on Blueray. My cousin was raving about this one and indeed it is a thought provoking picture. Sad that Hugo Weaving never got to show his face.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    AD wrote
    I got Close Encounters of the Third Kind on DVD last week. It was a strange film, well shot though. I can't really describe how I feel about it. I'm gonna have to watch again soon.
    I also bought V for Vendetta on Blueray. My cousin was raving about this one and indeed it is a thought provoking picture. Sad that Hugo Weaving never got to show his face.

Why did you think it was strange? Because the main character is quite wacky? I was considering getting Close Encounters of the Third Kind on Blu-Ray. It has three different version of the film. I just got a pre-Christmas gift from my father-in-law so I might get it.
    • CommentAuthorAD
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    The one I bought was the 30th anniversary ultimate edition. It contained 3 different cuts of the film. The original version, the special edition, and the director's cut. I saw the special edition. I honestly don't know why I think it's strange. Maybe like you said the main character had something to do with that. Btw there was a scene that was referenced in Signs by M. Night Shyamalan. I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen the film but you will probably know what I mean.
  1. AD wrote

Love both Close Encounters (or CE3K as I like to call it) and V for Vendetta. As both are classic pictures in my book (well CE3K definitely is, Vendetta is still young) I got them both on blu-ray and they are stunning to behold. The sound on CE3K is exceptionally wonderful for such an old film.

But I didn't think CE3K was strange, maybe a little naive and simplistic compared to the films of today, but the one word that comes to my mind is MAGIC. Give me Spielberg's magic any day over the gritty darkness of now.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    (or CE3K as I like to call it)

Ah. A Frigging Asinine Confusing Entry, Pointlessly Abbreviating Linguistic Modes.

Or FACEPALM, as I like to call it.

(wink)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    hahah, that's gold! biggrin Wait 'till you visit Greece.....oUr public services, ministries, health care system and ALL, have acronyms which if you're so unlucky to actually NOT know them, there's not a single chance you'll ever be able to communicate with the locals so they finally understand you, when talking about those things, NOT AT ALL. It's like if you asked them about 'the electricity company' and you didn't use the well-known 'Δ.Ε.Η' instead , they're so retarded they are actually going to respond with a "WHAT?!?!"
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009 edited
    My recent purchases are:

FLUBBER
    SIGNS
    GONE IN 60 SECONDS
    SANTHOSH SUBRAMANIYAM (TAMIL)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    FLUBBER!?!?! shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    Why not? shocked confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote

Errrr, if you like it then nothing I say will matter. For me it's hideously sickening, a truly atrocious film.

but you like it and in the end that's all that matters.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

W-e-l-l-l-l-l...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^ applause
    Now that could have genuine re-use value around here.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009 edited
    Låt den Rätte Komma In
    Blinkende Lygter
    De Grønne Slagtere
    Adams Æbler
    L'Ange de Goudron
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote

Errrr, if you like it then nothing I say will matter. For me it's hideously sickening, a truly atrocious film.

I agree. Elfman's score is ear-wrecking too, except the mambo which is kinda fun in an outlandish way. Still, one man's trash is another man's jewel etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Joep wrote
    Låt den Rätte Komma In
    Blinkende Lygter
    De Grønne Slagtere
    Adams Æbler
    L'Ange de Goudron

Joep, since you're into Scandiavian films a bit, have you seen the recent Danish WW2 flick FLAMMEN OG CITRONEN?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    No, I'm affraid not. I loved En kærlighedshistorie, which was directed by the same guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Den Brysomme Mannen from Jens Lien is brilliant as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Den Brysomme Mannen from Jens Lien is brilliant as well.

This sounds like my kind of thing but near impossible to hire here. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joep wrote
    Låt den Rätte Komma In
    Blinkende Lygter
    De Grønne Slagtere
    Adams Æbler
    L'Ange de Goudron

We get it, you have unique taste! rolleyes

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Joep wrote
    Låt den Rätte Komma In
    Blinkende Lygter
    De Grønne Slagtere
    Adams Æbler
    L'Ange de Goudron

wink

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote

Oh; my man. It must be one of the worst cinematic experiences i have ever had. Seriously. It's so bad, it should be forbidden.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Joep wrote
    Låt den Rätte Komma In
    Blinkende Lygter
    De Grønne Slagtere
    Adams Æbler
    L'Ange de Goudron

wink

smile Have you seen LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, btw?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, but I have *ahem* acquired it and will be watching it sometime this Christmas! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sweet. 'Cause you might be turning into "eclectic tastes" too when you watch it smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Sunil wrote

Oh; my man. It must be one of the worst cinematic experiences i have ever had. Seriously. It's so bad, it should be forbidden.

You saw it at the cinema? Oh man, my bestest sympathies ever. sad cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    No, but I have *ahem* acquired it and will be watching it sometime this Christmas! smile

I thought it was beautifully filmed, not what I expected at all but also not as good as I was lead to believe, still, it says something when a film stayed with me after this one did, worthwhile for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Timmer wrote

Exactly! kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009 edited
    I've just bought a 21-DVD set of classic Laurel and Hardy - with an apparent 83% saving on the list price of £200!!

Looking forward to wallowing in some classic comedy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn