• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. 2,000.

I think wi will be seeing more from LLLR on Snow and his TV work.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Can you give a link to the set?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. It's not up yet, but they annouced it at FSM themselves and included a tracklist.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2008
    justin boggan wrote

I think wi will be seeing more from LLLR on Snow and his TV work.

beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    The one Mark Snow score that truly has me jaw-droppingly impressed is Born to Be Wild. The rest of his work is just so blah to me... Any recommendations?

I highly recommend X-Files: Fight The Future (the music near the end of the film is truly impressive) and only a few tracks of XF-2 are worth checking out -- "Surgery," "Trip to D.C.", etc.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  4. Matt C wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    The one Mark Snow score that truly has me jaw-droppingly impressed is Born to Be Wild. The rest of his work is just so blah to me... Any recommendations?

I highly recommend X-Files: Fight The Future (the music near the end of the film is truly impressive) and only a few tracks of XF-2 are worth checking out -- "Surgery," "Trip to D.C.", etc.

indeed, the only lovely tracks on the XF2 album, XF Fight the Future holds much more interesting material (albeit louder as well)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2008
    I prefer my cd of "X-Files: The Truth & the Light" over the movie scores.
    Don't know why, some sentimental reason of my subconscious probably.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  5. Thanks to a post at FSM:

"In this spring, La La Land records will release a 4 CD boxed set of the X-Files music from the TV shows only. It will have all the shows that I have been nominated for plus probably pieces from episode, I'm sure some of your favorites will be included."

interview here:
    http://www.beyondthesea.it/news.asp?id=842

!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Great news!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LaLaLand for Lost!
  6. justin boggan wrote
    Thanks to a post at FSM:

"In this spring, La La Land records will release a 4 CD boxed set of the X-Files music from the TV shows only. It will have all the shows that I have been nominated for plus probably pieces from episode, I'm sure some of your favorites will be included."

interview here:

!!!!!

there are some moments that are very worthwhile, but in a packed 4 CD Edition?
    This will be one for the fans
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Thanks to a post at FSM:

interview here:

!!!!!

Of course it's for the fans, i personally don't give a fudge about x-files music apart the main theme, nor i can say i ever got to really appreciate any of the man's music in general, but i can see how a fan will go bananas over this! Plus, i consider this a good movement with possibilities for more great tv (and not only) music being released in such formats in the near future (cough, LOST wink ) only PLEASE stay away from the friggin' limited editions tags.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Thanks to a post at FSM:

interview here:

!!!!!

Of course it's for the fans, i personally don't give a fudge about x-files music apart the main theme, nor i can say i ever got to really appreciate any of the man's music in general, but i can see how a fan will go bananas over this! Plus, i consider this a good movement with possibilities for more great tv (and not only) music being released in such formats in the near future (cough, LOST wink ) only PLEASE stay away from the friggin' limited editions tags.

but guess who will have to review it? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    That's why i quit reviewing wink biggrin punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    That's why i quit reviewing wink biggrin punk

smart man wink
  9. BuySoundtrax is now taking orders for two new titles announced today:

"Conumdrum"

and my deeply personal favorite (not like his X-Files tyling): "Jake Speed" -- which appears to have the same contents as the Varese LP, so I guess this means a complete score from a Varese Club one day, is now ruled out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    For all the X-Files fans out there, Conundrum is right up your alley. I just received this in the mail today, and this could very well be a score for an early X-Files episode.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    Just listening to The X-Files: I Want to Believe again.

This CD is probably my favourite 2008 soundtrack - and with a year that saw the return of Elfman in top form, Arnold's James Bond, and Williams's Indiana Jones, that's probably saying something.

At first I was slightly disappointed that most of it is rather subdued, especially in comparison with the more in-your-face phenomenal first X-Files movie score, this just gets better and better with each listen. Hearing this just makes me wish they had given him a symphony orchestra to complement his synthesizer for each TV episode. Surely this is how thriller scores must be written: take a listen to "March and Dig/Girl in the Box" for instance. Wonderful stuff.

Oh, and did I mention besides the thriller music there's also splendid emotional writing?
  10. fommes wrote
    Just listening to The X-Files: I Want to Believe again.

This CD is probably my favourite 2008 soundtrack - and with a year that saw the return of Elfman in top form, Arnold's James Bond, and Williams's Indiana Jones, that's probably saying something.

are you for real?
    you're an X-Files nut I'm presume? shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    It's probably one of my favourite series (until Duchovny's departure that is), yeah. But I'm a much bigger nut in the John Williams and David Arnold department, generally.
    I just think this Snow score is that good. It's very intense. Also, both film and score remind me - in a good way - of a more honest and straightforward approach to cinema and film scoring.
  11. fommes wrote
    It's probably one of my favourite series (until Duchovny's departure that is), yeah. But I'm a much bigger nut in the John Williams and David Arnold department, generally.
    I just think this Snow score is that good. It's very intense. Also, both film and score remind me - in a good way - of a more honest and straightforward approach to cinema and film scoring.

well, each one has his favourites smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009
    Hey, you're making me sound like one of them crackpots here!
    cool
  12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hxpv6IC48

Long audio interview:
    http://www.backtofrankblack.com/podcast … k_Snow.mp3

In the interview he says La La Land Records is releasing a CD with scores from two of his shows, "The Lone Gunmen" and "Harsh Realm".
  13. If I buy the Snow Files, is that a pretty good start into the Mark Snow collection then?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  14. Depends on who you ask. I'd say half of it isn't that a great get into.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    In the interview he says La La Land Records is releasing a CD with scores from two of his shows, "The Lone Gunmen" and "Harsh Realm".

Excellent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/t … mark-snow/
    thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    Interesting!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
    I just ordered the 4-disc set for the X-Files at LLL. Hope it was worth the wait, all those years, after playing my 'The Truth and the Light' cd to death.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  15. Not my thing but I notice that 70 minutes of Mark Snow's score to Smallville has been released by Watertower Music as a download:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smallville-Scor … mp;sr=1-51

Does that mean it's also available as a made-to-measure CD-R?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn