• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008 edited
    Just had a nice salad of cherry tomatoes, lettuce, onions, black olives and fried Greek Haloumi ( am I spelling that righ? ) cheese all sprinkled with fresh basil and olive oil, plus some crusty bread lick

Perfect for this hot weather. biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008
    What's the WEIRDEST food you've ever eaten?

I once ate "crunchy fried fledglings on a stick" which was my name for a small fried bird on a stick, in Thailand.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    As some people know I have a season ticket at Walsall FC and this is a quote from the menu:

Pies
    Flavours:
    Chicken or Balti chicken or Meat

I somehow find that list of options just pricelessly funny.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Meat pie? dizzy biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    As some people know I have a season ticket at Walsall FC and this is a quote from the menu:

Pies
    Flavours:
    Chicken or Balti chicken or Meat

I somehow find that list of options just pricelessly funny.

Mmmmmmmmmmm! Meeeeeaaat! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And a conversation I overheard:

"What pies have you got?"
    "It says it on the menu"
    "Oh, OK, I'll have chicken then"
    <sounds of scrambling around, a heated discussion, then...>
    "We're out of chicken"
    "Have you got the balti pie?"
    "Yes, we've got everything else"
    <sounds of scrambling around, further heated discussion, then...>
    "Sorry, we're out of balti pies too"
    "OK, I'll have the meat pie"
    "Sorry, we've run out of that one as well"
    "Have you got any pies?"
    "No"
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Where's Bregt? He's been to China.....food don't get much weirder than their!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    A friend of mine had kangaroo testicles a month or so ago. I forget what the actual dish is called, but he said it was really tasty. biggrin

There is an international grocery store about two hours from where we live which is where he got them. I've only been there once, and was amazed at all the types of food they sell. I They have a section dedicated to just about any type of cuisine you can imagine. They also have an extensive beer and wine selection -- beer from over 1000 breweries around the world as well as over 9,000 different types of wine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    Where's Bregt? He's been to China.....food don't get much weirder than their!? wink

I've seen some odd things yeah.

First of all, alongside the streets, there were sometimes vendors of eggs in which the chicken (I don't know the word for a little new chicken) almost got out of its egg by breaking the egg to go outside, but just at that moment, they were cooked! So, you come out of your egg but then you're cooked! shocked

A plate we got served in Shanghai had various sized ball kinda shapes on it. The balls were rolled with small rasped cheese. It looked like balls with yellow hair. But it also looked like a little chicken *cute*. I have no idea what was inside (someone looked inside and said we better didn't do ourselves) but it was tasty!

And at our first lucnh in Beijing we had a soup which looked like a combination of snot and sperm!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    David wrote
    A friend of mine had kangaroo testicles a month or so ago. I forget what the actual dish is called, but he said it was really tasty. biggrin

OMG! vomit

I once ate kangaroo, but didn't found it very different from cow beef for example. A bit harsher to get throug, but tasty noentheless. Where do you live David?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I live in the U.S. and have never had a lot of exotic food, so I know I'll be in for a shock when I'm in Japan next month (plus I'm allergic to shell fish, so I have to make sure to keep that out of my food in a country that eats a LOT of fish). I've been practicing with chop sticks lately. Some of my friends told me that I can buy a travelers pack that comes with forks, but if I'm visiting a foreign country, I want to immerse in the culture.

My brother has lived in Japan for about two years and went to Korea for about two weeks a year ago. While he was there, I know he bought some fried bugs from street vendors!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    David wrote
    I live in the U.S. and have never had a lot of exotic food, so I know I'll be in for a shock when I'm in Japan next month (plus I'm allergic to shell fish, so I have to make sure to keep that out of my food in a country that eats a LOT of fish).

I'm not that open to other food either. I've to be pushed hard, or have nohing else to eat. But I was surprised by how much I liked the Chinese dishes.

I've been practicing with chop sticks lately. Some of my friends told me that I can buy a travelers pack that comes with forks, but if I'm visiting a foreign country, I want to immerse in the culture.

Hehe, indeed! It takes a day or two to get used to them, but they're fun. The trick is to only use one loose stick, the other one needs to be stuck. Easier to handle the food that way. With two loose sticks, it all arrives anywhere but the mouth. wink

The Chinese eat very quick and not so neat, so it didn't really hurt to see my bowl and all sorts of stains around it. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008 edited
    No testicles should ever meant to be eaten. Nor be tasty.

Sick people!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Haggis, tripe, stovies, syboes... wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Haggis, tripe, stovies, syboes... wink

beer biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

I've seen some odd things yeah.

First of all, alongside the streets, there were sometimes vendors of eggs in which the chicken (I don't know the word for a little new chicken) almost got out of its egg by breaking the egg to go outside, but just at that moment, they were cooked! So, you come out of your egg but then you're cooked! shocked

A plate we got served in Shanghai had various sized ball kinda shapes on it. The balls were rolled with small rasped cheese. It looked like balls with yellow hair. But it also looked like a little chicken *cute*. I have no idea what was inside (someone looked inside and said we better didn't do ourselves) but it was tasty!

And at our first lucnh in Beijing we had a soup which looked like a combination of snot and sperm!

vomit

I saw those half hatched eggs on some documentary....of which I don't remember? Nasty!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote

There is an international grocery store about two hours from where we live which is where he got them. I've only been there once, and was amazed at all the types of food they sell. I They have a section dedicated to just about any type of cuisine you can imagine. They also have an extensive beer and wine selection -- beer from over 1000 breweries around the world as well as over 9,000 different types of wine.

shocked ....EXCELLENT! punk beer

Something different every night for YEARS!!! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

Sick people!

Don't like Sweet Bread then D ? Personally I've never eaten it either vomit

Tomorrow I'm going to eat a Duck and make orange sauce to go with it cool lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    David wrote

What the heck?! rolleyes dizzy vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote

Sick people!

Agreed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    David wrote
    My brother has lived in Japan for about two years and went to Korea for about two weeks a year ago. While he was there, I know he bought some fried bugs from street vendors!

Ew, that's sick! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    David wrote
    ...so I know I'll be in for a shock when I'm in Japan next month...

I take it you're in Japan right now?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    David wrote

Ew, that's sick! vomit

What's so bad about that? Here in the west we regularly eat sea insects that eat all the crap on the sea bed....they're called PRAWNS rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Today ( Sunday ) I will mostly be eating meat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    David wrote

Ew, that's sick! vomit

What's so bad about that? Here in the west we regularly eat sea insects that eat all the crap on the sea bed....they're called PRAWNS rolleyes

True... Good point... But the idea of eating actual bugs, as in from the land, just sickens me. vomit
  2. Timmer wrote

BBQ by any chance?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'd love to have a BBQ today. I've just finished mowing the lawn and the smell of freshly cut grass is making me feel all summery.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

BBQ by any chance?

Nah! I'm cooking a Sunday roast but considering how lovely it is today I wish I had thought of doing a BBQ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I declare this the most evil thread of maintitles.net. I am TRYING HARD, ALMOST STRUGGLING NOT to eat anything as it's evening and i have already started forming the initial stages of the traditional male belly and THIS GODDAMN THREAD IS UNSETTLING ME!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.