• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tonight begins a wonderful weekend of eating.

Actually, last night I BBQ'd a wonderful bone-in, skin-on, Lemon-Pepper chicken breast with mash and grilled sweet peppers. I've always had issues with drying out chicken on the BBQ but last year I discovered Lilydale chicken and have prepare perfect, juicy, flavourful chicken ever since. lick

Tonight I will be grilling Baby Back Ribs with Cola BBQ sauce with Potato and Egg Salad. I love making ribs because of the slow cook time. It will take an hour to prep and then 2 to 2 1/2 hours to slowly grill. That means lots of beer for me while I wait. beer

Sunday I'm doing my famous Sleeman's Honey Brown marinated steaks, crab stuffed potatoes and my wife's brilliant caramelized pecan, cranberry and feta salad! Oooooh baby, I'm getting FATTER!!!

-Erik-

Thinks to himself!?.....if I get a plane to Canada right now could I make it for serving up time?? lick

The door is always open... literally. Well, at least unlocked.

wink

And anyone else for that matter.... yes, even you Jordi.... if you are EVER in my neck of the woods give me a shout! We can drink some great beer, eat some delicious food and listen to some awesome film music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    Erik, you can be sure that if I'm ever within driving distance I would be sure to visit. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Actually, last night I BBQ'd a wonderful bone-in, skin-on, Lemon-Pepper chicken breast with mash and grilled sweet peppers. I've always had issues with drying out chicken on the BBQ but last year I discovered Lilydale chicken and have prepare perfect, juicy, flavourful chicken ever since. lick

Tonight I will be grilling Baby Back Ribs with Cola BBQ sauce with Potato and Egg Salad. I love making ribs because of the slow cook time. It will take an hour to prep and then 2 to 2 1/2 hours to slowly grill. That means lots of beer for me while I wait. beer

Sunday I'm doing my famous Sleeman's Honey Brown marinated steaks, crab stuffed potatoes and my wife's brilliant caramelized pecan, cranberry and feta salad! Oooooh baby, I'm getting FATTER!!!

-Erik-

Thinks to himself!?.....if I get a plane to Canada right now could I make it for serving up time?? lick

wink

And anyone else for that matter.... yes, even you Jordi.... if you are EVER in my neck of the woods give me a shout! We can drink some great beer, eat some delicious food and listen to some awesome film music.

-Erik-

Man that sounds awesome. Trust me, the desire is very much there... but the ability isn't. (It boils down to money as usual. sad)
  1. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    today french fries with any kind of fried meat smile

no one, I mean no one makes better fries than us Belgians wink punk

Better than the ones we get here for sure but on the rare times I've made my own well, NOTHING beats that.

trust me my boy, we suck at a lot of things, but when it comes to food we are grandchefs beer
    We rule at making Belgian Fries, because that's basically it, not French but Belgian Fries

I've eaten Belgian fries in Belgium on a few occassions and indeed they are excellent but believe me they are not as good as those I can make myself. cool

you've been to Belgium?
    Well well

And you're making me very interested as well wink
    Bring on the fries
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Right now I'm enjoying some wonderful scottish shortbreads! Delicious! One of my cousins knows how much I like them and she brought them to me from Scotland.
    Tonight my boyfriend is taking me out for dinner. We are going to a traditional eastern tavern. I like this kind of food very much!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Stavroula wrote
    Right now I'm enjoying some wonderful scottish shortbreads! Delicious! One of my cousins knows how much I like them and she brought them to me from Scotland.
    Tonight my boyfriend is taking me out for dinner. We are going to a traditional eastern tavern. I like this kind of food very much!

well bon appetit then
    I'm going to do the same thing wave
  3. Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

wink

-Erik-

Man that sounds awesome. Trust me, the desire is very much there... but the ability isn't. (It boils down to money as usual. sad)

I can find a return flight to Toronto from £324, travelling between today until 30th June.

See you tomorrow, Erik!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

wink

-Erik-

Even KOKO?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Btw, all this talk about food......has really turned my appetite up!

I've just returned back to Thessaloniki and the fridge couldn't be any emptier!

I think i'll consider alternatives for tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

wink

-Erik-

Even KOKO?

As long as you like good beer, good food and my taste in film music then you are more than welcome!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Do you get Carlsberg in Canada?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Indeed we do but I don't have any in my house. So, before you come knocking on my door please tell me what your beer preference is so I can have it in the beer fridge before you arrive. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2009
    Steven wrote

Ah; my man. Love it!
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Indeed we do but I don't have any in my house. So, before you come knocking on my door please tell me what your beer preference is so I can have it in the beer fridge before you arrive. wink

-Erik-

I quite like Duvel, Leffe or a good Grimbergen, of course all Blond beers
    Ah, if you only knew how these beers taste smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Yes, strong beers too. We get all those here but it's not the regular stuff you get on tap.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

Yes, strong beers too. We get all those here but it's not the regular stuff you get on tap.

I have quite an extensive list of favorites... but some of my top beers are Murphy's Irish Stout, Mill St. Tank House Ale, Hoegaarden, Creemore Spring's Lager, St-Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale, Sleeman's Honey Brown, Innis & Gunn (especially when eating poultry), Kilkenny, and Dragon’s Breath Pale Ale from the Kingston, Ontario brew pub.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I am thinking more and more that Canada is far superior to the USA. lick cheesy
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

-Erik-

wow, you get them there? smile
    Yes, most of these beers aren't your regular pints, these are for enjoying, not merely drinking
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    Beer... vomit

Aside from the vile, bitter taste you get to go to the toilet every five minutes.
    How anyone actually enjoys this brew from hell has always escaped me entirely!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009 edited
    Beer is a great summer drink!! Perfect for a sunny afternoon. beer cool lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Perefect summer drink?
    Rosé wine. Zinfandel from Gallo&Gallo preferably, which has a wonderful strawberry overtone.

Failing that, MOJITOS! punk cocktail champagne
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You odd little person...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    MOSCATO D´ASTI!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Isn't that more generally known as a Bellini, the favourite cocktail of Patrick Bateman?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    You odd little person...

beer <- the most bitter ale known to man
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love beer, I love wine, I love drinks (and yes, mojitos rule!). I love it all! beer

But nothing beats a cold beer on a hot summer day. Nothing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mojitos do.
    And I've got Ernest hemingway in my corner! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That reminds me: Bregje, did you ever succeed in creating your own perfect Desperado?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Mojitos do.
    And I've got Ernest hemingway in my corner! punk

He must really pen & ink by now surely? biggrin