• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    I declare this the most evil thread of maintitles.net. I am TRYING HARD, ALMOST STRUGGLING NOT to eat anything as it's evening and i have already started forming the initial stages of the traditional male belly and THIS GODDAMN THREAD IS UNSETTLING ME!

then don't post in it wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I declare this the most evil thread of maintitles.net. I am TRYING HARD, ALMOST STRUGGLING NOT to eat anything as it's evening and i have already started forming the initial stages of the traditional male belly and THIS GODDAMN THREAD IS UNSETTLING ME!

Who needs a six pack when you can have a single keg! cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Southall wrote
    And a conversation I overheard:

"What pies have you got?"
    "It says it on the menu"
    "Oh, OK, I'll have chicken then"
    <sounds of scrambling around, a heated discussion, then...>
    "We're out of chicken"
    "Have you got the balti pie?"
    "Yes, we've got everything else"
    <sounds of scrambling around, further heated discussion, then...>
    "Sorry, we're out of balti pies too"
    "OK, I'll have the meat pie"
    "Sorry, we've run out of that one as well"
    "Have you got any pies?"
    "No"

That's the Monty Python cheese skit re-written... and you ruined it, like Jablonsky ruined Transformers!
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    i have already started forming the initial stages of the traditional male belly

That started to happen with me last year too! I had (and am going to have to again) study like mad for entrance exams and so I was left with hardly any time for physical exercise, and I began to get a little belly! And I am only 19 right now!! shocked So I began to take some time for exercise and so thankfully it's gotten much better now. This year I'll do my best not to neglect exercise lest it happen again!! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I eat like a pig and drink a lot of beer, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to have much effect on me? I'm sure I have Superman's metabolism. Which is handy to a degree, but it means I have to eat a lot to stay not-hungry. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    i have already started forming the initial stages of the traditional male belly

That started to happen with me last year too! I had (and am going to have to again) study like mad for entrance exams and so I was left with hardly any time for physical exercise, and I began to get a little belly! And I am only 19 right now!! shocked So I began to take some time for exercise and so thankfully it's gotten much better now. This year I'll do my best not to neglect exercise lest it happen again!! tongue

For the past two years I was a member of my school's marching band, playing first horn (or mellophone, which is the marching version of the horn), as a freshman, mind you. (I held a position over the two juniors and two eighth graders!) I really didn't like it however, and finally got up the courage to quit (my girlfriend is still in it, and she can't understand why I quit) before the end of this past school year. If anyone is actually interested in why I quit, it'd be best to ask me by email, as if I posted all my reasons and complaints here it'd probably take up about a page in length! I'm so happy I did quit, but now, without the extra exercise, I too find myself faced with the problem! Ah, well, I'll just have to start walking/jogging around the neighborhood again, I suppose. (I really don't like exercise!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    We were made to march for about half an hour non stop everyday for three months in advance for the school annual functions every year in school! And that too in the horrible sun and sometimes cold. I was so sick of it that I'm more than happy to be free from it! I can get more than enough exercise to be going with by going to play lawn tennis three days in a week! biggrin

TheTelmarine wrote
    Ah, well, I'll just have to start walking/jogging around the neighborhood again, I suppose. (I really don't like exercise!)

Mysterious isn't it? The things we like the most are the worst for us, and vice versa! biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    We were made to march for about half an hour non stop everyday for three months in advance for the school annual functions every year in school! And that too in the horrible sun and sometimes cold. I was so sick of it that I'm more than happy to be free from it! I can get more than enough exercise to be going with by going to play lawn tennis three days in a week! biggrin

For our marching band, we had to go to a six-day band camp out at some place (my first real time being away from home alone), in which we wold wake up early in the morning, get dressed, be out on a tennis court at 7:30 AM. Then the band officers would lead us all in stretching, then make us run half a mile/a mile through the trail area, which would eventually lead us to breakfast. By the time we'd get to breakfast, we would all feel incredibly sick from having just run, and didn't feel like eating much, as it felt it would be difficult to keep anything down in our stomachs. Most days all I had was a biscuit and a banana, with a glass of water. After that, we would all go back to our cabins, clean up our bunks and the floors. At 8:30 (I think), the officers would enter, call us to attention, and sweep through our young guys cabin, checking everything. If there was anything out of place or messy, we were given a number of push-ups depending on the offense. Then, at 9:00 we had marching practice out on the large field, suffering under the burning hot Florida sun (and it was August!), for three and a half whole hours! Then, we would have lunch, before getting about two hours of free time. After that we had sectionals (when you and your section get together with an instructor to practice music). Then we had chapel (it's a Christian school), and then dinner, and then another three to three and a half hours out on the field, before finally going in, hanging out for a bit, and going to bed. This process was repeated every day for four more days (the last day we gave a performance for our parents, before being taken by a bus back to the school). And that was just before school started, not even during the season! During the season we had three hour practices every Tuesday and Thursday, often a football game to play for on Friday, and more often than not a competition on Saturday, which usually lasted all day long. It was intense.

DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Ah, well, I'll just have to start walking/jogging around the neighborhood again, I suppose. (I really don't like exercise!)

Mysterious isn't it? The things we like the most are the worst for us, and vice versa! biggrin tongue

Yeah! LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote
    For our marching band, we had to go to a six-day band camp out at some place (my first real time being away from home alone), in which we wold wake up early in the morning, get dressed, be out on a tennis court at 7:30 AM. Then the band officers would lead us all in stretching, then make us run half a mile/a mile through the trail area, which would eventually lead us to breakfast. By the time we'd get to breakfast, we would all feel incredibly sick from having just run, and didn't feel like eating much, as it felt it would be difficult to keep anything down in our stomachs. Most days all I had was a biscuit and a banana, with a glass of water. After that, we would all go back to our cabins, clean up our bunks and the floors. At 8:30 (I think), the officers would enter, call us to attention, and sweep through our young guys cabin, checking everything. If there was anything out of place or messy, we were given a number of push-ups depending on the offense. Then, at 9:00 we had marching practice out on the large field, suffering under the burning hot Florida sun (and it was August!), for three and a half whole hours! Then, we would have lunch, before getting about two hours of free time. After that we had sectionals (when you and your section get together with an instructor to practice music). Then we had chapel (it's a Christian school), and then dinner, and then another three to three and a half hours out on the field, before finally going in, hanging out for a bit, and going to bed. This process was repeated every day for four more days (the last day we gave a performance for our parents, before being taken by a bus back to the school). And that was just before school started, not even during the season! During the season we had three hour practices every Tuesday and Thursday, often a football game to play for on Friday, and more often than not a competition on Saturday, which usually lasted all day long. It was intense.

Sounds like a great holiday, eh? wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

Sounds like a great holiday, eh? wink biggrin

I swear it was like the worst week of my entire life (so far)! angry sad And I have plenty more reasons why I don't enjoy marching band; the stuff I just told you is but the start of those reasons! smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Is military training compulsory over there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote

In marching band? Basically, yes, although my girlfriend says marching band is nothing compared to what her mom and dad go through (they're in the U.S. Air Force). I believe her, but I still don't get why there needs to be so much discipline in a high school marching band!? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

In marching band? Basically, yes, although my girlfriend says marching band is nothing compared to what her mom and dad go through (they're in the U.S. Air Force). I believe her, but I still don't get why there needs to be so much discipline in a high school marching band!? confused

My cousin is in the US and though he's not in the band, he's having to do all the scouting and camping stuffs, too. In my school, too, the participation in the march past was also compulsory, even if you had fever or diarrhoea!! Absentees (I was one of the poor unfortunates twice slant) were subject to either of these two wonderful punishments -

1) Stand with knees half-bent and hands in a motorbike-driving position for two hours in the sun. One attempt to get a brief relief and there was a whack on the butt with a stick tongue

2) Bunny hop around the entire HUGE football field 5 times dizzy

The only occasion where a guy was exempt from marching was when he had fractured his arm. I remember a couple of fellas debating whether or not to fake a fracture the next day!! lol

And yeah, it consisted only of marching like an army of robots. The school still doesn't have a band, and here are the instruments in the "orchestra" - an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a bass drum, a hand-pumped keyboard and on extremely rare and festive occasions two "tabla"s and a set of drums which I last saw in 2004 biggrin And the players consisted of two students and four teachers, with the usual choir which sounded detuned more than once a day tongue But yeah, our guitar teacher Mr. Gideon is a great guitarist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

My cousin is in the US and though he's not in the band, he's having to do all the scouting and camping stuffs, too. In my school, too, the participation in the marching band was also compulsory, even if you had fever or diarrhoea!! Absentees (I was one of the poor unfortunates twice slant) were subject to either of these two wonderful punishments -

1) Stand with knees half-bent and hands in a motorbike-driving position for two hours in the sun. One attempt to get a brief relief and there was a whack on the butt with a stick tongue

2) Bunny hop around the entire HUGE football field 5 times dizzy

The only occasion where a guy was exempt from marching was when he had fractured his arm. I remember a couple of fellas debating whether or not to fake a fracture the next day!! lol

And yeah, it consisted only of marching like an army of robots. The school still doesn't have a band, and here are the instruments in the "orchestra" - an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a bass drum, a hand-pumped keyboard and on extremely rare and festive occasions two "tabla"s and a set of drums which I last saw in 2004 biggrin And the players consisted of two students and four teachers, with the usual choir which sounded detuned more than once a day tongue But yeah, our guitar teacher Mr. Gideon is a great guitarist.

Yeah, we would also get all sorts of bizarre and intense punishments... I absolutely hate marching band with all my heart. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I eat like a pig and drink a lot of beer, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to have much effect on me? I'm sure I have Superman's metabolism. Which is handy to a degree, but it means I have to eat a lot to stay not-hungry. slant

I wish had your metabolism, no work and no training make Timmer a very fat man.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Well, trust me, sometimes I wish I could give it to you. It's very expensive to stay not-hungry at uni, which means most of the money I earn from my weekend job there goes towards food. Plus next year there's more stuff to pay for since we're living in a flat rather than student accommodation. Save for that, it will be SO AWESOME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Well, trust me, sometimes I wish I could give it to you. It's very expensive to stay not-hungry at uni, which means most of the money I earn from my weekend job there goes towards food. Plus next year there's more stuff to pay for since we're living in a flat rather than student accommodation. Save for that, it will be SO AWESOME!

Unless you have fat, smelly eat-it-all roommates.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Smelling of beer, cigarettes ( and other substances ) and kebabs! dizzy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Yum! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Smelling of beer, cigarettes ( and other substances ) and kebabs! dizzy wink

We're not that bad! biggrin

We're typical boys, but we're also self-aware that we're typical boys. So we understand that truly wonderful thing that's called irony. Tis why we all get on so great! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    I'm eating Orange Chocolate Clusters, basically cornflakes and real fruit pieces covered in dark chocolate and boy do they go great with a cup of tea lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    Chicken Jalfrezi, Pilau Rice and Naan bread today lick

Unusual ( for me ) on a Sunday but it's what I fancy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    What is it with the British and Pizza and Chips!? shocked rolleyes I just DON'T get it? dizzy I should point out that I've never known any good Italian restaurant that serves up this culinary delight vomit

Could be worse, in Scotland EVERYTHING is deep fried in batter.....including pizza lick <-not
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    ...including Mars bars.

I thought they were taking the piss when they told me.

They weren't.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    ...including Mars bars.

I thought they were taking the piss when they told me.

They weren't.

Pizza too! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I made pie a few days ago. smile :proud:
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008 edited
    Rian wrote
    I made pie a few days ago. smile :proud:

What kind of pie, fruit? Meat? Vegetable?....all of them wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yummie. What kind of pie?

I'm too lazy to go into the kitchen for a long time, which is a shame. I use many of these meal kits, so it tastes nice but it's basically just fat and salt. I wish I could cook nice meals with fresh things and still remain lazy...
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    On Sunday I've decided that I'm going to eat food!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    On Sunday I've decided that I'm going to eat food!

Wonderful! Just out of curiosity, what else is there to eat? confused wink