• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013
    I can buy this in my local shop biggrin

http://cookiedoughcreative.blogspot.co. … w-for.html

....yeah, I know, very childish shame tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013
    But there’s more to Jamaica than their mouth-watering cock, and Tropical Sun are also launching an entire range of authentic Caribbean products that promise to bring hot and spicy jerk action to households up and down the country.

biggrin
  1. Lunch today:

Chopped turkey meat + chopped banans. A saté from chicken broth, coconut milk, some apple juice and lots of curry. Also basmati rice. lick
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Lunch today:

Chopped turkey meat + chopped banans. A saté from chicken broth, coconut milk, some apple juice and lots of currey. Also basmati rice. lick

Banans?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Bananas, you nitpicker! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    You've reminded me that I haven't cooked one of my favourites for a long time, Chicken in breadcrumbs ala Weiner Schnitzel style.

Put bread ( preferably on the stale side ) in a blender, I find a mixture of white and wholemeal is good but this is just a personal preference, you can really muck about with this, adding herbs, pepper, paprika, chillis....whatever takes your fancy...

Flatten the chicken breasts ( covered by grease-proof paper ) with a solid bread board or something heavy-ish and flat.

Dust chicken with plain flour, dip this into whisked egg mix ( 1 or 2 eggs should do ) until completely covered and then dip this into your breadcrumb mix.

Fry on a medium heat on both sides for about 3 minutes each side until breadcrumbs are golden brown.

Done! eat

p.s. If I have any mushrooms I'll chop those into large chunks and do them the same as the chicken to use up any left-over ingrediants.

Serve up with baby potatoes and garnished salad in whatever way you enjoy it.

I did this on Saturday including the mushrooms bit lick Remember, if you try this, to give the chicken breast a damned good bashing, preferably with a heavy duty bread board or the like.
  3. Speaking of nitpicking:

It' still Wiener Schnitzel. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I thought Timmer was extolling the virtues of German coq au vin... wink

Timmer, why the flattening? Even cooking! Don't you destroy the chicken's texture by doing that?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    By flattening it ( nothing wrong with a bit of tenderising wink It doesn't destroy the texture and if you have Butchers like we have in the UK the Butcher will flatten the fillet for you ) it means you can cook on a slightly higher heat for less time and also ensures the breadcrumbs don't burn.

Always throw a few breadcrumbs in the pan before cooking just to make sure your fat is at the right heat.

p.s. I always whisk a small dollop of mayonnaise in with the egg, works for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Bananas, you nitpicker! wink

Bananas? Bananas and Turkey? vomit
  4. confused Turkey that once had feathers not someone from the highlands of Anatolia!

Some fruity stuff goes extremely well with curry saté. Youmight also chop an apple, or fresh pinapple if you don't like bananas.

You know in Germany you can buy schnitzel style cuts of turkey meat. Two of those I chopped to smaller pieces. It's handeled like pork.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013 edited
    Martijn, will you be first to try a Maastricht burger?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Tim and Martijn are you familiar with soutzoukakia? I was thinking of sending you this recipe. If you like spicy flavours, especially cumin you will love this!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

A what now? confused
    Is that something with cheese?

Stavroula wrote
    Tim and Martijn are you familiar with soutzoukakia? I was thinking of sending you this recipe. If you like spicy flavours, especially cumin you will love this!

Yes! Yes please!!!!! lick punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote

Greek meatballs in sauce? yes. YES PLEASE! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Ok then! It's a recipe that my other grandma, from Constantinople, taught me. You will see my eastern side now! I'll write it for you tonight or tomorrow! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

A what now? confused

Isn't Maastricht where they are producing the worlds first laboratory made "beef" burger?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

A what now? confused

No. Stem cells. Very tasty although rather expensive.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Greek meatballs in sauce? yes. YES PLEASE! lick

Tim, honestly, did you google it? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Tim, honestly, did you google it? biggrin

No. I have Greek friends here in Bristol smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

A what now? confused

Bregt beats Martijn at being super-sharp biggrin
  5. Timmer wrote

a.k.a. the quarter-million pounder? Hehe.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  6. I wish it was easier to get some proper european paprika crips in england!!! slant
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Synchrotones wrote
    I wish it was easier to get some proper european paprika crips in england!!! slant

"proper"? Try 'like what I am used to' wink

Shops here are inundated with so many "foreign" brands I'm surprised you can't find what you want?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Ok then! It's a recipe that my other grandma, from Constantinople, taught me. You will see my eastern side now! I'll write it for you tonight or tomorrow! smile

Great! I love Byzantine recipes! biggrin

Seriously. Looking forward to the recipe. As luck would have it I will have a friend over in the near future who has expressed a predilection for Hellenic food, so I want to try a lot out on him!
    (The only recipe I had before your wonderful stifado was Greek salad... Cucumber, feta, tomato. dizzy
    Wonderful...but not very elaborate.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

A what now? confused

Bregt beats Martijn at being super-sharp biggrin

I guess I must have missed something somewhere?
    I've been been SO ridiculously busy I haven't kept up on current affairs the last few days. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Great! I love Byzantine recipes! biggrin

Seriously. Looking forward to the recipe. As luck would have it I will have a friend over in the near future who has expressed a predilection for Hellenic food, so I want to try a lot out on him!
    (The only recipe I had before your wonderful stifado was Greek salad... Cucumber, feta, tomato. dizzy
    Wonderful...but not very elaborate.)

I also tried a Kleftico recipe that stavi sent me a few years ago that was very good. lick

I remember having difficulty getting the particular cheese for the recipe ( can't remember the name? ), what was it called?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Kleftiko? Want! What is it? I don't care. I want it. Gimme! Gimme!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Kleftiko? Want! What is it? I don't care. I want it. Gimme! Gimme!

It's a slow cooked lamb dish.

Funny enough it's a dish I've made loads of times over the years and I think it was because I mentioned eating it on this board that Stavi sent me her recipe.*

I think everyone has their own ways of cooking it, apart from Stavi's which I cooked to the letter not one Kleftico I've made has been the same. Apart from some early disasters all the Klefticos I've made have been good to excellent.

*If it's not a pain Stavi, perhaps you could be good enough to put the recipe up here? I would do it myself except I lost it along with my pre-Devonian period computer about a year ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    Guys later today I promise I will post the recipes. I was a bit ill and I couldn't. Tim honey I don't remember which recipe I had given you so I will post the one I'm using now. smile