• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    Yaaaaaay! (@recipes. Not at you having been ill!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Think I might bake a Dutch apple pie this weekend. spin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Guys later today I promise I will post the recipes. I was a bit ill and I couldn't. Tim honey I don't remember which recipe I had given you so I will post the one I'm using now. smile

In your own time Stavi. Sorry to hear you were ill, hope you're well now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've just eating two marinated beef ribs with thick cut chips ( my own make, nobody makes them better than me ), baked tomato and mushrooms and corn on the cob eat lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2013
    Vanilla ice-cream with fresh strawberries RIGHT NOW! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013
    Eating nutella directly out of the glass with a spoon <- the correct way to eat nutella

Peter lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Eating nutella directly out of the glass with a spoon <- the correct way to eat nutella

Peter lick

biggrin beer
  2. Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter lick

biggrin beer

Pros like me use this wink :

http://www.amazon.de/WMF-1287686040-Nut … B003LSU2ZG

lick Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Chocolate ice cream with cherry liqueur.
    Chocolate and cherrys are a fantastic combination.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Chocolate ice cream with cherry liqueur.
    Chocolate and cherrys are a fantastic combination.

This is absolute FACT! lick

I hope you meant dark chocolate uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    plindboe wrote

Peter lick

I do that too... but I always find it hard to get the last bits. (Though I did once see one of those "life hacks" pictures and it suggests to put ice cream in the pot when you get down to the last bits. Genius! lick )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Meh. For chocolate, I prefer the REAL DEAL -- not a buttery substance for sandwiches aimed at kids. tongue wink
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Yes, Sir! Timmer, Sir!

I remember when I was about 15 years old my big sister made cherry liquer herself. So she put fresh cherries in alcohol and rock suggar. After some weeks of storing the fruits had to be removed. So what to do, with these sweetened and alcohol drenched cherries? You couldn't throw them away, could you?

Do they sell Mon Cherie pralines in England?

We figured (no parents being around) that such a cherrie eaten with a piece of dark chocolate would be the equivalent of such an praline.

We tested that theory in abundance. Boy, did I get sick! biggrin

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Reminds me of a story my mom told me.

In my aunt's wedding, when I was 5 years old or so, I apparently wandered around the premises drinking the remnants of all glasses (I can't remember if it was wine or beer or something else altogether), rendering me totally sloshed and sick at the end of the day before I fell into a deep sleep.

He, he...I started early.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Volker,

Mon Cherie Pralines? I expect you can get them here in England but I haven't looked. My girl Mel's dad and step mom bring them over from Germany when they visit amongst many other goodies. lick
  5. Timmer wrote
    Volker,

Mon Cherie Pralines? I expect you can get them here in England but I haven't looked. My girl Mel's dad and step mom bring them over from Germany when they visit amongst many other goodies. lick

Well, now you have made me curious: This almost sounds like Mel is German?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2013
    She lived in Germany while young and speaks the language, her step mom is German.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013
    So, here is the recipe for soutzoukakia:
    Ingredients:
    2 slices thick dense bread (crusts removed)
    1/2 cup dry red wine
    500 gr ground lean meat (beef or veal)
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons chopped parsley
    2 tablespoons grated kefalograviera cheese (parmesan makes an excellent substitute)
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    salt and pepper
    flour (for dredging)
    2 tablespoons olive oil

Sauce:

1 kl fresh tomatoes
    1 tablespoon vinegar
    1 garlic clove, chopped
    1 bay leaf
    3/4 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

How to:
    Soak the bread in the wine for about 5 minutes, or until thoroughly softened.Then, squeeze out and reserve the excess wine.In a large bowl, combine the ground meat with the wine soaked bread, onion, garlic, egg, parsley, grated cheese, cumin, and salt and pepper.Mix the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
    Cover and put in the fridge for about 1 hour.Dampen your hands, pinch off small portions of meat mixture, about the quantity of a teaspoon or just over, and shape like a little sausage or a flatten meatball.
    Dredge them in flour.Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.Add the meatballs and fry until browned all over, turning occasionally and allowing time for the meat to cook thoroughly.Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.Strain the oil you fried the meatballs in through a fine sieve into a cooking pan.Add all the sauce ingredients, and the reserved wine.Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce is thick.Drop in the meatballs, stir to cover all over with the sauce, and simmer covered for 15 minutes.Serve hot with rice, french fries, or mashed potatoes. A strong red wine is the best choice to accompany this food. But a very cold beer is very nice too! Hope you like it!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mmmmm! That sounds fantastic. Thank you Stavi, I'll report back when I've made this recipe beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeeeeeeaaaahhh!!! lick
    Thanks Stavi!! kiss
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Fantastic!

It's a bit like Cevabcici, isn't it? The sauce of course isn't.

Volker
  7. I had a nice steak for lunch with mixed salad and fried potatos. Reward for mowing the lawn. He he.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I hope the recipe for soutzoukakia will prove to be as successful as the stifado one. I'll be waiting for your feedback!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How do you pronounce soutzoukakia, Stavi? I'm saying sowt-zoo-kah-kee-yah... but I imagine this is very wrong! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well it's su-gu-ka-ke-a wink
  8. Nothing like a good breakfast with granary bread and toast, eggs, marmalade, honey and hot tea!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013
    Mmmmm! That sounds very hearty Captain lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Proper breakfast?
    Coffee smoothies with a dash of rum.

Oh yeah!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Proper breakfast?
    Coffee smoothies with a dash of rum.

Oh yeah!

You are one badass mofo.
  9. If I have any alcohol before high noon I can go right back to bed.