• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I made a new food today. A waffle burger. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Not that sounds like worth trying!

Sometimes at work they do what they call a "Wellington Burger" - just a burger with some pastry and mushrooms on top. Sounds BAD...but it's definitely lick

I'd never scoff at anything that involves mushrooms!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    I made a new food today. A waffle burger. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Not that sounds like worth trying!

Sometimes at work they do what they call a "Wellington Burger" - just a burger with some pastry and mushrooms on top. Sounds BAD...but it's definitely lick

Sort of like 'beef wellington'?! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    HELP!
    (Mainly to our Greek friends, but anyone's input is welcome).

So based on Stavi's suggestion of putting the rabbit in the stew, I've been looking at recipes for stifado on the web... but every recipe I find mentions veal as the meat ingredient rather than rabbit.

I'm sure I've only eaten it with rabbit, and as that has a more gamey taste, I can't imagine the rest of the ingredients are the same as the veal recipe ones.
    I'm sure I can make somethging up, but it'd be good to get a proper one done first.
    Help?

BTW: Timmer, would you mind terribly moving this thread to Off Topic rather than General Discussions? I could only find this thread back by using the search function. shame

Thanks! wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I moved it; as you COULD do too Mr.Mod as this is evidently an off-topic thread smile

As for the stifado, would you mind pasting one of the recipes you found in here? To check the proposed ingredients over?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I moved it; as you COULD do too Mr.Mod as this is evidently an off-topic thread smile

Erm...I know. But Timmer specifically requested some time ago not to do that with any of his topics....

As for the stifado, would you mind pasting one of the recipes you found in here? To check the proposed ingredients over?

They're in Dutch, so I'll have to translate, but watch this space: I'll be back!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Erm...I know. But Timmer specifically requested some time ago not to do that with any of his topics....

Oh, i am sorry, i missed that point. I don't recall seeing such a request, which i obviously missed. I am sorry Tim my friend shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

They're in Dutch, so I'll have to translate, but watch this space: I'll be back!

Yeah, just the basic ingredients if you don't have the time for the full recipe? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It was easier than I thought:

1 kilo of veal
    0.5 kilos of abraded, flatted tomatoes
    1 kilo small onions (or shallots)
    3 tb spoons of olive oil
    one glass of wine vinegar
    6 tb. spoons of melted butter
    3 cloves of garlic (well, I'll double that anyway! punk )
    2 bay leaves
    salt & pepper
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's pretty good; You can add even more onions and yeah, doubling the garlic is essential. Another thing is that we usually take out the butter entirely in food and replace the whole with just pure olive oil. So make that 9 tv. spoons of olive oil if you want, it's guaranteed to leave a better taste and it's more healthy.

You can easily replace the veal with bunnies and there you go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Really??? I thought you also needed to add potatoes?
    And no additional seasoning???
    No rosemary or something?

I'm surprised.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    It was easier than I thought:

1 kilo of veal
    0.5 kilos of abraded, flatted tomatoes
    1 kilo small onions (or shallots)
    3 tb spoons of olive oil
    one glass of wine vinegar
    6 tb. spoons of melted butter
    3 cloves of garlic (well, I'll double that anyway! punk )
    2 bay leaves
    salt & pepper

Ok now I´m hungry lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The potatoes are optional, if you want them you add them but they aren't essential. I've cross-checked the recipe, it is correct. I don't know about rosemary being used in our rabbit stew. DAMN YOU'VE MADE ME HUNGRY TOO! bunny stew for ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cool!
    Thanks, D.! Much appreciated!

I'll let y'all know how I get on!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Cool!
    Thanks, D.! Much appreciated!

I'll let y'all know how I get on!

lick I'll be there soon beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh, i am sorry, i missed that point. I don't recall seeing such a request, which i obviously missed. I am sorry Tim my friend shame

No problemo smile beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    I just made and ate a chicken, bacon and brie sandwich on granary bread..... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I just made and ate a chicken

You killed your own youngling!?
    More to the point....it's a chicken!??? shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I just made and ate a chicken

You killed your own youngling!?
    More to the point....it's a chicken!??? shocked

I'm very gifted, I can make anything!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    I just made and ate a chicken, bacon and brie sandwich on granary bread..... lick

Never heard of granary bread... Just looked it up and it sure sounds healthy. Is it to compensate for the bacon and brie? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

Never heard of granary bread... Just looked it up and it sure sounds healthy. Is it to compensate for the bacon and brie? wink

Yeaaaaaa.....errrr no! It just tastes great with it. Some cranberry sauce ( what, I think you call jelly ) would have really contributed but I didn't have any.
  1. I made a chilli earlier that was quite tasty. Would have preferred it with a baked potato rather than rice.

But it was still lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I made a chilli earlier that was quite tasty. Would have preferred it with a baked potato rather than rice.

But it was still lick

Mmmmmmmm perfect weather for that tummy warmer too lick
  2. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I made a chilli earlier that was quite tasty. Would have preferred it with a baked potato rather than rice.

But it was still lick

Mmmmmmmm perfect weather for that tummy warmer too lick

My only complaint is that I never seem to make enough. Anne always wants some. rolleyes

What I DO need to make sometime soon is something called cranachan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranachan

A yummy Scottish dessert that I make with whipped cream, whisky, honey, whisky, toasted oatmeal, whisky and rasperries. There are several ways of putting all the ingredients together but I usually find that my version comes out like this:

http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.u … nachan.jpg
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    OH shocked MY shocked GOD shocked

My kinda desert lick
  3. Timmer wrote
    OH shocked MY shocked GOD shocked

My kinda desert lick

Next time we all get together I should try and create something...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That would be great Alan, depending on how far it would need transporting?
  4. Timmer wrote

Just from the kitchen to the table - I've found that it doesn't travel well. It doesn't seem to last much longer than the time it takes to get from the kitchen to the table!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Just from the kitchen to the table - I've found that it doesn't travel well. It doesn't seem to last much longer than the time it takes to get from the kitchen to the table!!

LOL biggrin beer
  5. I realise that I am hyping this dish way too much - so much that I may not be able to deliver on peoples' expectations...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    A roast dinner was foregone today seeing as that's going to be eaten in a few days so I made a Cauliflower cheese in an Italian style lick

I explain if anyones interested otherwise trust me, it was delicious.