• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013
    Martijn wrote

PS: Healthy potato chips? uhm
    Decafeinated coffee.
    Sugarless coke.
    WHAT'S THE POINT?!?!?

I hear it all washes down well with a can of non-alcoholic lager.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote

Plus, you know, you never know when a war might be coming.

So right! So right ... [menacing]hi, hi, hi ...[/menacing]

robot <--- Modern age SS soldier.

wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    SS: Süsse Schokolat?

I, for one, welcome our new overlords!

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd love to enter a sweet shop and order 'five ounces of chocolate overlords please'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2013 edited
    Unusual ( for me ) on a Tuesday but I'm cooking Stavi's Stifado recipe, it's one of my faves ans I like it more than Kleftico. lick

p.s. I made some ( British style thick cut ) chips the other day, the best I ever tasted, they blew away Mel and a friend who was visiting but I can't darn well remember the type of potato it was which was not from a local green grocer slant crazy
  2. Matjes herring from Holland today with fried potatos. I'm sure, Martijn likes those, too!

lick
    Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013
    Fresh Ciabatta bread loaded with rashers of bacon and splashed to death with Lea & Perrins.....fucking lush! lick
  3. The poor ciabatta ... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't be silly tongue What is more loving to bread than bacon? Nothing!
  4. Did you fry the bacon?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is there any other way? wink
  5. Not in England I guess. But in Bavaria or Tirol ... And even where I live people like "green" bacon. ("Green" meaning not smoked or fried, it does not mean "rotten".)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You make great sausages but your "bacon" leaves much to be desired.
  6. I raise a glass of Glenfiddich to our newly wed couple Melanie and Tim. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013 edited
    beer drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
    I just made myself ( from scratch ) a chilli-con-carne and filled a jacket potato with it lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ook! Beans and all? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. No chili without beans. I don't use canned corn though as they like to do in Germany. To sweet for my taste. Instead I add chopped capsicum just before serving.
    Timmer, do you like your chili hot? I used to use lots of chili powder but I don't any more because my stomach filed a protest.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Corn? Yikes!!!

I think some people would find my amount of chilli hot, I love chilli so I'm quite used to it but I would say it was medium hot.

In the majority of my cooking I don't measure anything out, I just add and taste until I'm happy with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me too. Which is why I'm having such an incredible hard time cooking for just one or two persons.
    It always turns out to be enough for roughly a dinner party of twelve. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I presume you freeze leftovers where applicable? I know I'll be eating more chilli-con-carne within the next few months. ( I made enough for about 3 VERY large portions. )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, and then I get days where I have to feed people six completely different and incompatible leftovers whicha re all just enough for one person. sad
    Franco-greek Thai meatloaf with mushrooms.
    Not one of my prouder moments.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "ouch!" Sounds....emmmmmm....interesting vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014
    We didn't over-eat on Christmas day and that felt so good!!
    Unfortunately we had way too much food on New Year's Eve and we accidentally had two portions of 'oliebollen' (good heavens, is the translation really deep fried dough balls ??) so yesterday we had oliebollen for breakfast, lunch and dinner
    wink
  8. In Germany "oliebollen" are called "Krapfen". They are served after midnight. They are filled with marmelade and one gets a fillilng of mustard. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Yes, served after midnight. Someone told me it's a Dutch tradition, but apparently not. Maybe West-European? You can have them with raisins, apple, banana (like Pisang Goreng), or jelly in it.

Mustard? Mustard? That must be a german thing dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Crap, I just ate two more 'Krapfen' for brunch... slant
    Oh well, why not.

We jokingly called them 'oil balls' in English once and my son, who's kind of geeky in the best way possible, said 'No, the word is not ball but sphere, so literally translated it's oil spheres'. So yeah, I just had two oil spheres.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014 edited
    Oil Spheres!? D, you hear that? OIL SPHERES!!!! lick wink

p.s. I think the 'mustard' filled one is for one unlucky person who will get laughed at, am I right Captain?
  9. Precisely. Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude. as we use to say: Gloating is the nicest kind of joy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014 edited
    Need something to depress (or please but, in my experience, that's unlikely)? Take the BBC "Global Fat Scale Challenge"!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

BMI = 32, higher BMI than 80% of people in UK & higher BMI than 94% of males in world of my age group. I am most like someone from Croatia.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn