• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014 edited
    I dread doing that. I KNOW I'm overweight right now (about 12 kilos above my match weight) and in general bad shape with no muscle to speak of.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014
    Join the club. I'm fatter now than I've ever been.

I'll have to get training soon, come the summer and it's hard to hide behind layers of clothing. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BMI=25, lower than national average, but higher than 80% (!) of the males my age group globally.
    I am most like someone from Jamaica.
    Mon.

Quite pleased, actually. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    BMI = 26, above average both nationally and globally, with 61% en 63%
  1. Obviously I think BMI is a lot of rubbish. I may try to improve my percentage numbers by saying I live in US or Samoa rather than the UK.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    For me it counts how I feel. I don't feel well when I eat too much or haven't had any fruit in two days. Not feeling well includes not fitting in clothes anymore. It's a clear sign that I'm gaining weight (I hardly ever weigh). I simply refuse to start buying larger clothes, so I'll just have to eat less chocolate, cookies or snacks.

May sound simple but I see people around me struggling with food. The habit of eating being an addiction. I know it can be hard. There are two things that work for me: no eating after 20:30 (after dinner and coffee) and if it's difficult, I brush my teeth after coffee and then only have tea or water. When I get hungry in the afternoon, at 16:00, I have my fruit instead of cookies, or cheese or whatever.

By the way, the sports and gym ads are everywhere now in januari, such an overload it's ridiculous watching just one commercial break! Poor people who truly believe they will make a change this year...
  2. I think that it is terrible that companies prey on people at this time of year. But this is gym's best time of year. They are packed with new memberships and people hoping that 2 weeks of exercise is going to banish festive excesses.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote
    For me it counts how I feel. I don't feel well when I eat too much or haven't had any fruit in two days. Not feeling well includes not fitting in clothes anymore.

Tell me about it. I recently had to throw out about 10 very cool shirts because I couldn't sit down in them (without some button popping out). Of course, I have no one to blame but myself, but still....

Same issue with my suit. I can't even get the fly up!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2014
    BMI = 22, although as Alan says this is a load of tripe as it doesn't take into account various other contributing factors and is just a general (and occasionally inaccurate) indicator.

Gym memberships are for people with more money than sense.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
    Right now?

Marks & Spencer Cranberry & Orange Cookies washed down with a cup of tea angelic
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Blair's Death Rain Buffalo Wing Potato Chips (Sorry, Thor!)
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. I just opened a nice big bag of licorice all sorts. Suggery as sin but I love that stuff. lick

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014
    I just downed a bag of Phileas Foggs American style bubble potato chips cheese and New York Deli relish flavour.

I'm sure Thor would approve.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014 edited
    lick
    I am extremely serious.
  5. What on Earth are "American style bubble potato chips"? I've lived in America for almost 8 years now, and I've never even heard of such things.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014
    Jon Broxton wrote
    What on Earth are "American style bubble potato chips"? I've lived in America for almost 8 years now, and I've never even heard of such things.

Beats me Jon. They could have called them Bhutanese/Swahili/Vogon or whatever style bubble chips, they still did the job lick
  6. In Germany you get sweet little cakes in every bakery called "Amerikaner / Americans". Nobody knows where the name comes from. Maybe it's because they came in black (chocolate) and white (icing). spin

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3pLD … ner+11.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    In Germany you get sweet little cakes in every bakery called "Amerikaner / Americans". Nobody knows where the name comes from. Maybe it's because they came in black (chocolate) and white (icing). spin

Here's your answer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_white_cookie

They were invented in Utica, New York, apparently. So, definitely American!
  7. shocked I totally didn't know that! Thanks!
  8. It's Burns Night tonight (Google it) and so it's haggis, neeps & tatties. Salmon pâté has been made to go with oatcakes and whisky-laced cranachan (Google that as well!) has also been made. Should be a great three-courser!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2014
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm! lick Have a good one Alan. beer

I've just eaten a hangover-busting breakfast. eggs, bacon, plum tomatoes, fried potatoes and sausages ( from my butcher, they're the best I've ever tasted ) washed down with a cuppa. I'm starting to feel a bit more human now.
  9. That sounds excellent Tim. A fry up and a cuppa!
  10. Apparently peanut butter Twix are being discontiued.

If you enjoy those, now is the time to stock up!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. Peanut butter everything should be discontinued.
  12. You're now on my Tar & Feather list. angry
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014
    Do they sell Walkers CHEESE QUAVERS in Norway Thor? If not you are being denied the worlds best cheesy snack.

FACT!

( and I've just eaten a family sized bag, I guess I've done a thor wink ) lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't think I've tried that, no. We have something called Ostepop (Cheese Doodlez), but that's probably something different. I think I have to go to delicacy stores to find that kind of import chips, as they're not in regular grocery stores.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They're very light and crispy, I reckon you'd need two family sized packs. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    At least!
    I am extremely serious.
  13. Thor, just find a friend who has some and ask him, "Can I eat you cheeze doodle?"

And let us know what happens afterward... ;-)