• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I've tried granola bar after granola bar (sometimes getting free samples of ones I have never had before), including the bars that are cereal bars, but I've found a lot of crap and little good. I finally found a good one.

About a week ago a new product was stocked:

Reese's Puffs treats

they've taken the Reese's Puffs cereal, made it into a bar and covered the bottom with Reese peanut butter, and some of that drizzled on the top. It's soft and yummy.

The picture on the box is a little misleading. They're not quite ans tall, not as thick (I can see threw some holes in it) and the drizzle on top is barely there and not as thick, but still nommy nonetheless.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2014 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Here it goes then! Stavroula's stifado!

1Kg lean beef - cubed.
    500g baby shallot onions - peeled.
    1 large onions chopped.
    1 large juicy tomatoes - chopped.
    2 table-spoons of tomato paste.
    1/2 nutmeg crushed (put it into a bag and hit it with a rolling pin!)
    1 cinnamon stick and 3 cloves.
    4 garlic cloves - finely chopped.
    1 vegetable stock cube (optional)
    Rosemary sprig or two.
    1 small wineglass of extra-virgin olive oil.
    1 glass of red or white wine (preferably red!)
    2 table-spoons of vinegar.
    Fresh coarsely ground black pepper and salt.
    1. Add the beef to large frying pan or casserole dish. Place on a high heat, stirring occasionally until meat is sealed.
    2. Add the olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. Continue cooking on a high heat, until the onions have turned soft. (About 5mins)
    3. Add wine and vinegar, leave on heat but covered for another 5 mins.
    4. Next nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, rosemary, stock cube and a good pinch of black pepper. Keep stirring while the ingredients blend, on a moderate heat. Add salt to taste.
    5. Keep heating while adding the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
    6. Turn out into a casserole dish (Terracota), with lid. Add 1 litre of hot water so as to cover the meat. Cook in oven until the meat is nearly cooked - about one hour.
    7. While waiting, peel the baby shallot onions, wash them and shallow fry them in a little olive oil, until soft, not letting them burn.
    8. Add the shallots (but not the oil) to the simmering meat and leave in the oven until the meat is thoroughly cooked (soft and tender) - at least another hour - add water if needed (don't let it dry out), so that you end up with a rich thick sauce.
    This is a Corfiot recipe guys, my grandma's, so I'm giving away the family secrets so you know! wink

This is among my favourite recipes and I'm cooking it right now, the smells coming from my kitchen are to die for lick

Stavi kiss
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014
    It's GOOD, innit?
    I've been using this recipe several times now to impress the hell out of several of my friends! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote
    It's GOOD, innit?
    I've been using this recipe several times now to impress the hell out of several of my friends! punk

Innit! beer wink

in fact I'm doing it again tomorrow lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
    Miss you guys! I'm not here but my recipies remain! Godess Stavi hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
    ...and some!!! The smells from your recipe is wafting in from my kitchen right now lick
  2. Stavroula wrote
    Miss you guys! I'm not here but my recipies remain! :stavroula: hug

You are always here!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Chili con Carne again. From scratch of course. This time with a tea spoon full of hot mustard. I read that in some recipe. Not bad!

Volker
  4. For dinner: Spaghetti with tomato sauce and parmesello. Not so very inventive, but some things you never get tired of, right?

lick Volker
  5. Captain Future wrote
    For dinner: Spaghetti with tomato sauce and parmesello. Not so very inventive, but some things you never get tired of, right?

Dead right! You can't beat a good pasta.
    Having roast potatoes, pan-fried seabass and a medley of vegetables myself.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  6. Rost chicken with a hot sauce made from red curry paste, coconut milk and and Thai curry powder. Added some cashew nuts ans chopped carrots. Basmati rice. Delicious!
  7. Noodle Casserole

Minced beef, chopped onions and garlic, chopped king oyster mushrooms, salt, pepper, chili flakes, chopped tomatos - everything cooked evenly.

Penne rigate cooked al dente.

Penne and sauce put into a cassarole and gratinated with aromatic Swiss gruyere cheese.

Not very healthy for sure but eat !

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014
    Except for the oyster bit...sounds delicious!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    Mel is making some afternoon lunch that involves Thai lemongrass, garlic, shallots, ginger, baby squid and various other ingredients, I've been kicked out of the kitchen and the heavenly smells are doing my head in. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014 edited
    Slow roast shoulder of lamb laying on a bed of chopped red onions and smeared with garlic, anchovies, capers, pepper, rosemary sprigs, lemon zest and olive oil all pounded in a mortar and pestle.

Only 4 hours to go lick
  8. Timmer wrote
    Slow roast shoulder of lamb laying on a bed of chopped red onions and smeared with garlic, anchovies, capers, pepper, rosemary sprigs, lemon zest and olive oil all pounded in a mortar and pestle.

Only 4 hours to go lick

If I leave now, I might just make it...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014
    chop chop, get a move on then...
  9. Timmer wrote
    chop chop, get a move on then...

I'm writing this on my smartphone. I'm actually sat at the end of your road! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2014
    You're too early, go away for a few hours. Go see a Michael Bay film or something. wink
  10. Timmer wrote
    You're too early, go away for a few hours. Go see a Michael Bay film or something. wink

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    Ribeye steak and think cut chips and baked vegetables ( peppers, red onion, courgettes and sweet corn ) eat
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh my... rare, I'm sure?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Oh my... rare, I'm sure?

Is there another way? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It was a thick steak. Rubbed in oil and dosed in pepper and a special spice mix from the butchers ( no idea what's in it but it's very good ) and cooked for about a minute or so on each side in a searing hot pan.....heaven! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mary mother of Jesus....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Ribeye steak and think cut chips and baked vegetables ( peppers, red onion, courgettes and sweet corn ) eat

Nearly the same as last week. I made a butter and peppercorn sauce to pour over the steak plus a simple salad instead of baked vegetables.

The mixture of salad leaves in dressing mopping up the bloody meat and buttery peppercorn juices was beyond words heavenly. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014
    Lord have mercy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014
    Also, that shit ain't blood; it's myoglobin (apparently). Juicy, sweet myoglobin.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    Mmmmmmm! myoglobin
  11. Veal Liver Berlin Style

Fried veal liver with roasted rings of apple, fried onions and mashed potatos. A classic of German cuisine. I don't eat giblets usually but this is the exception. lick

Volker