• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I made a stew based on beef, savoy cabbage, carrots and potatos. lick

What's on your menu today?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2014
    Earlier I ate a burger, using prime ingredients from Marks & Spensers, quality steak burgers* with tomatoes, onion, relish etc

It was delicious.

*I usually make my own burgers.

And right now I'm eating a packet of Walkers Cheesy Beans On Toast flavour crisps.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This evening I was thinking of cooking James Southall's favourite food, steamed Couscous with boiled Courgettes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Are you having Pol Pot over, then?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nah! He would eat all of it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014 edited
    This afternoon I cooked Stavi's Beef Stifado recipe eat lick

There's plenty left for tomorrow too. cool
  3. I bought a box of handmade Belgian truffle chocolates in a speciality store. Man they are good! lick

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014
    Timmer wrote

Ha! I'm planning this for next Saturday.
    Getting some guests in I want to impress. eat punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. I prepare marinated lamb chops with string beans and roasted potatos for dinner today. eat
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ha! I'm planning this for next Saturday.
    Getting some guests in I want to impress. eat punk

Good man beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A bit Sunday-ish for a Thursday, isn't it Captain?

(Actually I have no idea why I think that. Why would I connect lamb meat to Sundays? confused Am I tapping into some obscure cultural scheme?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very good point!? The only lamb I eat outside of a Sunday is if it is curried or in a kebab.
  5. I agree. But it's the last week of the summer break and I have some time on my hand for cooking, so what the heck? I'm not that traditional in such things anyway. I will cook something elaborate during the week if I have time and the inclination, and some quick simple pasta on sunday.
  6. There is no better way to start into the weekend than a good breakfast, with rolls, eggs, cheese, and ham. And hot black tea. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014
    And coffee, I assume?
    You can't move without coffee, man!

And perhaps a pizza topped with berliners.
  7. I'm not much of a coffee man. It's English Breakfast (Assam /Cylon) of Friesean Mix (Assam / Darjeeling) for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014
    shocked

Ye gods.
    I...I feel like I just don't know you anymore. sad
  8. Captain Future wrote
    I'm not much of a coffee man. It's English Breakfast (Assam /Cylon) of Friesean Mix (Assam / Darjeeling) for me.

I have to inquire as to how Cylons make their tea.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. PawelStroinski wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I'm not much of a coffee man. It's English Breakfast (Assam /Ceylon) of Friesean Mix (Assam / Darjeeling) for me.

I have to inquire as to how Cylons make their tea.

biggrin With mashine oil I guess. cylon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    I'm making chilli con-carne. I've been tasting it as I go along and I think I've put too much chilli in it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014
    I did! shame <-hotness

It's Steven's fault.
  10. As you may know lunch is the main meal of the day here in Germany, equal to what dinner is elsewhere.

I asked an old aquaintance of mine over for lunch today. We go back a long way, right to high school. Unbeknownst to me she had taken up residence in my neighborhood a few moth ago. We ran into each other some days ago at the supermarket.

I fixed a lunch of sirloin steak, roast potatoes and runner beans. I also served a self made sweet-sour relish based on onions and tomatoes. lick
    That was accompanied by The Beyondness of Things which she liked a lot. cool

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014
    Class act Volker beer
  11. Oh my goodness...

A big bag of candy corn-flavored marshmallows for a fairly cheap price. Guess what I've been consuming?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    vitamin-less plastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He was only trying to think of the most harmless thing. It just popped into his head.
  12. Staypuffed, mothershampooers.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  13. Food for Trekkies:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAmiyWRrn_E
  14. Bockwurst (hot dog), Butterbrot (black bread and butter), hot mustard and cool Pilsner beer. So German, so good.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014
    Captain Future wrote
    Bockwurst (hot dog), Butterbrot (black bread and butter), hot mustard and cool Pilsner beer. So German, so good.

Volker

We have the German Christmas market here for two months every year with lots of tasty food stalls. Sausage heaven. lick

Tonight I'm making my favourite bread-crumbed shallow fried chicken ( made the same way as you'd make weiner schnitzel ), I blended some bacon lardons with the bread for extra tastiness. I've just finished pre-preparing and will cook it up later and serve it with a baked potato, salad and hot corn-on-cob.