• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Just ate half a salami, mushroom and jalapino pizza with a side of roasted parsnips and potatoes. lick

And I should point out that that is what happens when you combine Sunday and Monday night leftovers wink

Now I'm cooking up a heap of chicken thighs and wings which I marinated overnight in various spices and yogurt, the smell coming from my kitchen is heavenly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I have to confess that when I scanned this the fist time this is what I got:

"I just ate halve a salami, a mushroom and a jalapeño pizza with a site of roasted parsnips and potatoes."

Which left me rather astonished.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2015
    Our head chef made all the staff a toasted sandwich of salt beef (which was cooked slowly overnight), sauerkraut, pickle and a heavenly sauce of some description that I can't remember.

Wow. What a sandwich. Quite possibly the tastiest thing I've had in a good while.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mmmmmmm! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    I have to confess that when I scanned this the fist time this is what I got:

"I just ate halve a salami, a mushroom and a jalapeño pizza with a site of roasted parsnips and potatoes."

Which left me rather astonished.

smile Volker

Halve you gone all Thor on me? wink
  2. Cooked me a hot Thai curry chicken with sprouts and basmati rice for dinner. It was supposed to last for two days, but it didn't. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016
    A whacking great white crusty door-step sandwich filled with tomatoes and cheddar. lick

The only downside is that tomatoes in this country, at best are mediocre.
  3. The downside in this country are the tomatoes from Holland.
  4. Western Beans

Canned baked beans (Heinz), chopped tomatoes (from Italy), onion, garlic, green onion, Lea & Perrin's, Sriracha chili sauce, a table spoon of hot mustard, brown sugar, Cajun spice blend. Fried bacon. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2016
    Night off. Invited a friend round. Ordered takeaway from the best Indian restaurant in Birmingham. Beer. Music. Sorted.

Now I could sleep for a week...
  5. For probably a couple months now I have seen Hostess brand "CarAmel crunch mini doughnuts" sitting on the shelves. On the package it said limited edition. I finally bought it today. What a total waste of money.

Not only are Hostess doughtnuts not what they used to be, but the important part is: IT'S NOT CARAMEL!

It contains what the packaging should read: "Contains incidental amount of caramel" or "Process on machinery that makes caramel and may contain trace amounts of caramel".

Why? It's fucking coconut! Disgusting coconut. It's a coconut doughts with accidental trace amounts of caramel. It's even confirmed on the ingrediants where the number two INGREDIANT (USA packaging typically goes from the most used to the least used in ingrediants):

COCONUT COATING (SUGAR, COCONUT, TOASTED COCONUT [COCONUT, SUGAR, SALT, WHEAT, CORN, DRY HONEY] [...]

It says jack shit about coconut on the front or the sides. It's only mentioned in the ingrediants.

What fucking shit. I'm still spitting coconut out.

AVOID.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Dark chocolate with a peppermint filling ... Hmmm! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2017
    Martijn wrote
    surely all the juices would be running off when taking it out of the oven?

An interesting question, but don't call me Shirley.
  7. You know what's delicious?

Blue Bell ice cream's Salted Caramel flavor.

You know how you buy an ice cream product that claims to be some flavor, like Reese Peanut Butter Cup, and you get into it and done and you find there's barely any Reese's in there? How like some products show under their ingredients something like "* Manufactured on an assembly line that manufactures peanuts and may contain trace amounts of peanuts"? The Reese ice cream turns out to have some swirls that may be chocolate and possibly peanut butter but it's really a tub of vanilla ice cream that contains trace amounts of Reese Peanut Butter Cups.

That is not the case here. It's quite generous. I'd say 50 to 60% caramel.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018
    Just had some Basque style chicken and merguez sausage casserole, which I made earlier today, with some crusty bread. Outside with a couple of cold beers. Absolutely gorgeous.

cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018
    Sounds delish. I've promised myself to steer clear of the drinking untill Friday, since it's been an insane amount lately. But the spectacular summer weather here in Oslo (outshining even the South of Europe) is really drawing me back into sunny beer stupor.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2018 edited
    One of my favourite so-hungry-it-hurts quick fixes...

Blacksticks Blue Cheese and red onion chutney smothered over crusty bread. Selection of cold cuts (ham, chorizo and a bit of left-over pulled pork) on the side. It's basically a massively sexed-up Ploughman's Lunch. Simple but absolutely gorgeous.

And a cold beer to wash it all down.

lick

Anybody else here a fan of blue cheese? We seem to be a rare breed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2018
    YES! Mmmmmmmm!
  8. Not a fan of 'raw' blue cheese but I like blue cheese when it's in a soup.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2018
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Not a fan of 'raw' blue cheese but I like blue cheese when it's in a soup.

I also love cooking with blue cheese. My signature Mac N' Cheese contains a perfectly balanced combination of four different cheeses. One of which is, of course, blue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2021 edited
    So let us get this thread going again.

I'm currently cooking a Flemish-style beef and beer stew. I was hooked on this from the moment I first experienced it in Ghent (with a few of you!) back in 2012. I enjoyed many more servings during subsequent visits to the country.

It stuck with me so much that when I was the manager of a craft beer bar/restaurant a few years ago (one which used beer as an ingredient in almost all the dishes in some form) I created a version for our chefs to knock up a couple times a month as a special plat du jour and it always sold out quickly.

My version has evolved somewhat over the years (though it's still a gloriously simple stew) so I'm not sure how authentic is is now, haha, but it is beautiful comfort food for the chilly evenings. Served, of course, with crispy double cooked frites.

lick

EDIT: It was delicious, as always. punk
  9. Indeed lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2021 edited
    Oh God, yes, that dish is delicious (I was also first introduced to it in Ghent). Only beaten my the insanely tasty ribs at Amadeus.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Oh God, yes, that dish is delicious (I was also first introduced to it in Ghent). Only beaten my the insanely tasty ribs at Amadeus.

True story: if you ever want to see Thor get crazy, absolutely crazy, then sit for 2 hours at Amadeus waiting for our food. Steam literally came out of his ears, then the smile when he was finally eating those tasty ribs wink

Why for the love of god did we go there, when a group of 80 people suddenly arrived at the same time haha

As yes, the Flemish Stew. Stoverij as we call it. Required dish for whoever comes to Belgium one day wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  11. LSH wrote
    So let us get this thread going again.

I'm currently cooking a Flemish-style beef and beer stew. I was hooked on this from the moment I first experienced it in Ghent (with a few of you!) back in 2012. I enjoyed many more servings during subsequent visits to the country.

It stuck with me so much that when I was the manager of a craft beer bar/restaurant a few years ago (one which used beer as an ingredient in almost all the dishes in some form) I created a version for our chefs to knock up a couple times a month as a special plat du jour and it always sold out quickly.

My version has evolved somewhat over the years (though it's still a gloriously simple stew) so I'm not sure how authentic is is now, haha, but it is beautiful comfort food for the chilly evenings. Served, of course, with crispy double cooked frites.

lick

EDIT: It was delicious, as always. punk

I honestly wonder how different it tastes with your choice of beers?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I honestly wonder how different it tastes with your choice of beers?

Well I used three bottles that had been sitting in the cupboard, left over from a huge Christmas haul. Two were Belgian (a St Feuillien Brune and a Kasteel Donker) and the other was a British dark beer (Saddle Black from Purity Brewing.... a brewery I used to work for).

It was a good mix, I think. Tasted superb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2021
    I'm kinda torn on the whole 'beer-in-food' thing. On one hand, I certainly like the taste (like in that stew we're talking about), on the other hand my heart sinks because it feels like one is wasting great beer. If anything, I am the one who should get wasted by consuming it. wink
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Never tried a beer stew myself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2021
    Well... you should.
  13. I have a favorite chocolate cake made with stout that I love.