• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    I had Tikka Massala today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I had a McDonalds. I feel wrong, dirty and immoral.

...but damn it was good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    MainTitles Dinner @ Alan's

Planned for next year!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

...but damn it was good.

Sometimes, it is!

I had a good Burger King menu when I was going home from a night on the town on Saturday (at 3 am) - Whopper Cheese, fries and Coke....a GREAT meal for those occasions, yeah!?

I don't CARE one iota about what's healthy or not at those particular times!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's nothing I want more after a night of drinking. I think your body just craves sugar and salt after the alcohol flushes it out of your system, so I crave fast food the next morning. A big, juicy, shitty burger is HEAVEN in those situations! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed!! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    Steven wrote

...but damn it was good.

punk punk Damn, i just came home from a rock live gig; and i am very hungry; and if it wasn't 2:30 a.m i'd SO want a Mcdonald's dfirty meal with loads of barbeque sauce right now!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    There's nothing I want more after a night of drinking. I think your body just craves sugar and salt after the alcohol flushes it out of your system, so I crave fast food the next morning. A big, juicy, shitty burger is HEAVEN in those situations! biggrin

Exactly. And it would be so hypocritical to act healthy-foody after you've consumed all that alcohol; i always laugh at those dudes who can't walk straight due to the drinking and "don't want to eat junk food" after that, at 7 a.m when they head out to have something in their stomachs. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

...but damn it was good.

punk punk Damn, i just came home from a rock live gig; and i am very hungry; and if it wasn't 2:30 a.m i'd SO want a Mcdonald's dfirty meal with loads of barbeque sauce right now!!!

Who was playing?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

...but damn it was good.

Those shitty arsed places do have they're moments lick wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

...but damn it was good.

Who was playing?

A local band; very good performance, sound and repertoire (70s, 80s classic rock)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    What will everyone else be eating for Christmas?

This year it's out of my hands, I'll be going to Mel's mums, it'll just be us and her younger sister and they're good company. Dinner is roast beef and that's fine by me.....I HATE turkey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    My cousin is cooking dinner while my aunt prepares starters and desserts. Both are excellent cooks. (I have been very well fed during my stay here so far). lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    We will have what we've always had - Rib steak (or whatever the English word is), potatoes, sauerkraut. Beverage: Aquavit and beer. It's a traditional Norwegian Christmas meal.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008 edited
    LSH wrote
    My cousin is cooking dinner while my aunt prepares starters and desserts. Both are excellent cooks. (I have been very well fed during my stay here so far). lick

When do you return? Are you going to uni next year? Spill!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote

This year it's out of my hands, I'll be going to Mel's mums, it'll just be us and her younger sister and they're good company. Dinner is roast beef and that's fine by me.....I HATE turkey.

I assume turkey. I heard them mentioning it this morning... Tonight, I prepared a curried thai chicken with lots of vegetables and coconut milk. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

I assume turkey. I heard them mentioning it this morning... Tonight, I prepared a curried thai chicken with lots of vegetables and coconut milk. lick

How do you do it Martin my friend? Is it a matter of staying true to the customs and habits or do you actually like it? To me turkey feels like rotten, stiff chicken!
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

How do you do it Martin my friend? Is it a matter of staying true to the customs and habits or do you actually like it? To me turkey feels like rotten, stiff chicken!

Hi Demetris. Everything is fine. Yes, turkey is tradition. I tolerate turkey once a year! If it would be my decision, I would cook something different. Sometimes, it's best not to mess with tradition. They are there for some reasons.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm with you D. But I have heard some chefs say there's a knack to cooking turkey that keeps it moist!? However, I've never cooked it and to be quite honest I have no intention of doing so.
  1. We will be eating

- Snacks as apetizors

- Fondu (fried meat) with french fries and vegetables

- Desert we'll have pancakes with icecream

oh YEAH and tomorrow I'll weigh 5 kg more tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    I will be making mojito espuma for a starter, sushi (first time, but I have a killer recipe!) and white chocolate mousse with raspberries for desert.
    It's gonna be... eclectic! christmas_biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    I will be making mojito espuma for a starter, sushi (first time, but I have a killer recipe!) and white chocolate mousse with raspberries for desert.
    It's gonna be... eclectic! christmas_biggrin

Are you spending today with anyone Martijn? That starter and desert sound lick , let us know how it turned out. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    We had chocolate mousse as well, dark and white. It was perfect! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    With this retched cold weather continuing I'm making an ox-tail casserole, I already cooked it for 3 hours yesterday in preparation and will finish it today by cooking it for another 3 hours....I can't wait lick biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I just had a Rustlers burger. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    I just had a Rustlers burger. shame

That really made me laugh biggrin ( sorry shame )

For anyone that doesn't know "Rustlers" is a pre-packaged burger / hot dog you can buy off a garage shelf and stick in a microwave.....don't ask me how I know that. shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not a good thing then?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Not a good thing then?

*shrug* ask Steven!? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They're frickin awesome. But they're a bit of a guilty pleasure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Best thing is you can keep them almost indefinitely: their half life is akin to that of plutonium! (So's the taste, but let's not go into that)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn