• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    What on earth is a "krisproll"? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Toasted cereal and grains and very crunchy. I've bought them on the continent before....perhaps under a different name??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmmm...I need to look into this.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmmm...I need to look into this.

You find them in supermarkets stacked with other likely treats such as crackers and Ryveta and such.

I'm damn sure I've bought them in Holland before.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, well, I even found some Dutch-language recipes for 'em, so I'm sure they're available here somewhere. I just don't think I ever saw 'em.
    Sounds tasty though (if a bit dry and indeed razorish to the inner mouth...)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, well, I even found some Dutch-language recipes for 'em, so I'm sure they're available here somewhere. I just don't think I ever saw 'em.
    Sounds tasty though (if a bit dry and indeed razorish to the inner mouth...)

They are....eat with care.

The dryness is what makes them so great for toppings.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009 edited
    Tonight I've made myself a homemade Cottage Pie lick

p.s. Has anyone ever eaten Chocolate & Chilli flavour Crisps? shocked
  1. coffee coffee coffee...

Have you guys ever tried roasting your own coffee in a Popcorn Popper before? It really works! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    coffee coffee coffee...

Have you guys ever tried roasting your own coffee in a Popcorn Popper before? It really works! smile

What?
    uhm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    coffee coffee coffee...

What?
    uhm

^
    biggrin
  2. Well, this thread seems to be obsessing over food, so I was just chiming in with coffee, because it was the morning. And thought maybe there were some other coffee enthusiasts out there. Guess I should start a thread about drinks instead of food. Geez you guys. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    Went out for a Ruby Murray tonight.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rubymurray:
  3. What is that?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Went out for a Ruby Murray tonight.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rubymurray:

In THIS weather it doesn't get much better than that! beer

What did you have.... lick ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Brought this old thread up for you Miya smile
  4. Not SO old, Timmer smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    Well, this thread seems to be obsessing over food, so I was just chiming in with coffee, because it was the morning. And thought maybe there were some other coffee enthusiasts out there. Guess I should start a thread about drinks instead of food. Geez you guys. wink

Oh BELIEVE me, there's a GREAT coffee fan base here.
    It was the "roasting coffee in a popcorn thingy" that made me do a double take.
    I honestly have no idea what that does...or even what you mean! spin

Just to remain on the safe side, I think I'll stick with my local coffee specialty store.
    What's everyone's favourite blend?

I dearly love Mocca and any Brazilian blend, but in all honesty I think that our "default" Douwe Egberts (which really is THE most bought and drunk coffee in The Netherlands) is very, very, VERY good! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Oh, I thought the vegetarian fat discussion was being continued here... wink

Seriously, interesting to read that Mel is a vegetarian and you are a bit the opposite. My 'excuse' for not cooking vegetarian more often is that Maykel likes meat a lot as well and I don't want to go through the effort to prepare seperate meals or dishes... But perhaps it's not that hard to do?

I love vegetables and I also love fish. I like some sorts of meat very much but in general I have enough of it once I've finished half of my plate. Then the rest of my meat goes to Maykel's plate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote

No, I think we're still going strong here.

It's funnier that way. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote

Seriously, interesting to read that Mel is a vegetarian and you are a bit the opposite. My 'excuse' for not cooking vegetarian more often is that Maykel likes meat a lot as well and I don't want to go through the effort to prepare seperate meals or dishes... But perhaps it's not that hard to do?

I think it is: unless you use one-on-one meat substitutes (just the ones you buy in the supermarket, like veggieburgers or soy varieties), you will probably need to put some extra thought into it if you're cooking mixed meals.
    I always stick to one theme, but make sure I vary enough throughout the week: meat, chicken, greens, veggies and fish are all very well represented (with -maybe oddly- meats being in the minority: loads of chicken and fish though).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I dearly love Mocca and any Brazilian blend, but in all honesty I think that our "default" Douwe Egberts (which really is THE most bought and drunk coffee in The Netherlands) is very, very, VERY good! lick

Actually, of the "standard" brands, I think Douwe Egberts is by far the best. Really, really nice.

I've been favouring Kenyan coffee recently when buying the posher stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    I always stick to one theme, but make sure I vary enough throughout the week: meat, chicken, greens, veggies and fish are all very well represented (with -maybe oddly- meats being in the minority: loads of chicken and fish though).

Interesting that you don't count chicken as meat. You've clearly been spending too much time at KFC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Interesting that you don't count chicken as meat. You've clearly been spending too much time at KFC.

biggrin

I always count chicken as poultry ratehr than meat.
    Of course biologically that makes no sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Last couple of weeks I've been drinking a lot of fresh ginger tea. A good example of something that's very healthy and nice at the same time. Pure product of nature and very tasty.

I like ginger with only hot water. But also with green tea lick

And I just hope it's true what they say about the antioxidants and medicinal effects. In the meanwhile it's just nice tea anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooo.
    Just having started a bit of an interest in the Thai kitchen, I have renewed respect for fresh ginger.
    I should give ginger tea a shot!

Where'd you buy that though?
    It's not in your average supermarket, is it? (Though I haven't paid much attention to be honest shame ).

Me, I really like liquorice tea! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    GREEN TEA RULES!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    Ooooo.
    Just having started a bit of an interest in the Thai kitchen, I have renewed respect for fresh ginger.
    I should give ginger tea a shot!

Where'd you buy that though?
    It's not in your average supermarket, is it? (Though I haven't paid much attention to be honest shame ).

Me, I really like liquorice tea! lick

Yes, I buy ginger in de supermarket. They have some sort of seperate area with the fruit and vegetables and they call it indo-products here. It should be near the long beans and weird bananas.
    wink

I've finally found the perfect balance for my tea. Not too strong, because it's very spicy (you really need only a little bit of rasped ginger!). You don't need to add anything else because it has a very nice taste of it's own, a bit like lemon. But with green tea it's nice as well.

What is liquorice tea?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    Oh! Hey! You SERIOUSLY meant FRESH tea!
    Cool!

So what's the basis?
    Black tea? Or just rasped ginger in hot water?
    Bit of honey added, I take it?

Liquorice is English for "zoethout", the dried root of the liquorice plant.
    Confusingly it's also synonymous for the Dutch "drop", which I wouldn't make tea out of... vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    Liquorice is English for "zoethout"

shocked
    That explains the blood pressure!

Zoethout is not good in high quantities when you have high blood pressure. There are even warnings on the teabags for that!

Oh! Hey! You SERIOUSLY meant FRESH tea!
    Cool!

So what's the basis?
    Black tea? Or just rasped ginger in hot water?
    Bit of honey added, I take it?

Honey can be nice, sure, but ginger is a bit sweet by itself, so there's no need.

Buy ginger. Rasp a bit (one teaspoon or less). Add hot water. Wait two minutes. Filter. Done.
    Or you use a teafilter in the first place, that's easier. You can add any tea instead of hot water I guess.

You can keep ginger fresh in the fridge for over a week. I think I like it even better after a week, because the first day it's really spicy, a bit too hot for me perhaps.