• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Tuuut.

Just because otherwise the HZ topic will be overflowing with data that concerns JNH as well. And because then we can separate the discussion here.

How cool is this.
    Breaking boundaries!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    INTERVIEWS

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extende … -dark.html

http://www.tracksounds.com/specialfeatu … _page1.htm

http://stream2.hostbasket.com/iff/filmm … Howard.wma

INFO

But the theme Zimmer wrote for the Joker, played in the film by the late Heath Ledger, is a damning piece of music. It's an intense eight-minute piece that comes off like an orchestral interpretation of a something created by Trent Reznor's Nine Inch Nails. Zimmer says the work is only two notes, but the two notes are twisted and manipulated into mimicking the sounds of thunder, razors and all sorts of clatter heard in alleyways probably better left unexplored.

Though that description may not make it sound like music to the ears, it's still immensely listenable. It plays out like something from a horror film, with many a shift in direction and a nod to "Psycho." But all of it is tied together by a striking blow of strings that keep it from falling apart, and Zimmer said it bears a punk influence.

It's all about acting and attitude, in a way. It's very much of the idea of taking one note and expressing any part of fearlessness and recklessness and surprise.... It is very industrial music. I tried to give it a punk attitude.

RELEASE

"The Dark Knight Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" -- the haunting score to the hotly anticipated feature film The Dark Knight -- will be released by Warner Bros. Records on July 15, 2008, three days before the movie opens nationwide on July 18th.

Composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard, who collaborated on the score for the 2005 blockbuster Batman Begins, were asked by director Christopher Nolan to work together again, scoring its follow-up, The Dark Knight. The duo recorded the orchestral soundtrack for the film in London this April.

Warner Bros. Records will release four different configurations of "The Dark Knight soundtrack: a standard jewel case CD, a 2 LP set of heavy-weight 180 gram vinyl version, a special edition digipack, and a collector's edition with special artwork to come after release.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Very worrying thoughts.

I heard "razors and all sorts of clatter heard" in The Devil's Rejects, which is still the Worst Score Ever.
    Kazoo
  1. Sounds... interesting.

Great idea to create an extra topic. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Sounds... interesting.

Great idea to create an extra topic. Thanks!

it was bad biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Bregt wrote
    Very worrying thoughts.

I heard "razors and all sorts of clatter heard" in The Devil's Rejects, which is still the Worst Score Ever.

Perhaps not the worst ever, but I agree, the description does not create excitement for me. Nervousness would be better. It might be great, but for now, I'll remain skeptical.
  2. Nautilus wrote
    it was bad biggrin

Come on, this must be your wet dream, Jordi, a whole topic to flood with excitement about ONE single score!!!

And count me in on it, I can´t wait for this score, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    HANS ZIMMER: What became an interestingly stylistic thing is, for example, the music for the Joker. He is a very uncompromising character and so he has very uncompromising music. I think some people will not call it music.

confused rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    My anticipation has dropped the way some things do when it's cold.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, my anticipation has raised the way certain things do when they're exposed so something hot: this is looking very exciting indeed. I'm always up for something raw, edgy and experimental (hence my love for Goldenthal), and when combined with the elegance of James Newton Howard, we could be in for a treat. "Our score is mixed very loudly and will be a force to be reckoned with", Zimmer said. Combine this with a development of Batman's theme, and we could be in for a kick-ass score. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    However...

"...and a collector's edition with special artwork to come after release".

Darn, do I have to wait 'till I can get my official copy?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You could buy this too. Special edition package!

Oh, I'm soo pessimistic now. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    You could buy this too. Special edition package!

Oh, I'm soo pessimistic now. biggrin

biggrin

EXCELLENT idea for the separate topic mate. Must also note though, that excessive mentions and talks about the said score when it gets out will also be copied - pasted in here too wink And i mean EXCESSIVE wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    As for what i read above, the article, yeah, although you can't really tell yet, what came to my mind as well was pure noise. In the form of Tyler Bate's awful THE DEVIL'S REJECT. Or the SAW scores.

God help Zimmer and JNH if the score to the DARK KNIGHT is anything like that junk. rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Oh man, if they're doing so many releases of the same score with just different packaging/artwork, I hope they do at least one expanded release sometime too wink
  3. Is this gonna be the official artwork for the soundtrack? looks awful...

The Dark Knight at hmv.com

I'm sure the score will be great... biggrin
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Luis M. Rojas wrote
    Is this gonna be the official artwork for the soundtrack? looks awful...

If this is it, looks like they tried to copy the 1989 Elfman score's cover. Not bad, but not too good either slant tongue

Anyway, I don't care much about the covers, it's the music I'm interested in biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Luis M. Rojas wrote
    Is this gonna be the official artwork for the soundtrack? looks awful...

If this is it, looks like they tried to copy the 1989 Elfman score's cover. Not bad, but not too good either slant tongue

Anyway, I don't care much about the covers, it's the music I'm interested in biggrin

Yeap!

like the trailer does with Burton's batman!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Christodoulides wrote
    As for what i read above, the article, yeah, although you can't really tell yet, what came to my mind as well was pure noise. In the form of Tyler Bate's awful THE DEVIL'S REJECT. Or the SAW scores.

God help Zimmer and JNH if the score to the DARK KNIGHT is anything like that junk. rolleyes

It would be so much easier if they just posted a 5 sec. clip... rather than several paragraphs containing poor attempts to describe this "two-note motif." Something tells me, that it will
    not be pure noise... and not too far out of the ordinary. Come on: this is Hans Zimmer --
    and he (almost) always keeps it real. JNH -- he does do so more out-of-the-ordinare... but
    I think it will be good. At least interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    bartley wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It would be so much easier if they just posted a 5 sec. clip... rather than several paragraphs containing poor attempts to describe this "two-note motif." Something tells me, that it will
    not be pure noise... and not too far out of the ordinary. Come on: this is Hans Zimmer --
    and he (almost) always keeps it real. JNH -- he does do so more out-of-the-ordinare... but
    I think it will be good. At least interesting.

At least I hope it will be like that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    We can only hope wink
    meanwhile... any news on HZ's concert tour?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    bartley wrote

Isn't that something for the Hans Zimmer thread? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    bartley wrote

That also means Pirates Of Theeeeee... sleep

Jordi. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    BobdH wrote
    bartley wrote

That also means Pirates Of Theeeeee... sleep

Jordi. wink

SACRILAGE!! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    cry

Beer?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    cry

Beer?

There you go beer

POTC ( I can only acronym it when mentioned in the same breath as Jordi else I fall into the nmost deep slumber ) must only be used in conjuction with > sleep < when mentioned by Jordi biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2008 edited
    Rest assured it's none of the aforementioned covers... the cover for The Dark Knight is up on amazon!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS500_.jpg

I love how badass it is! cool However, this is of course the first, normal edition probably, so we'll have to wait and see what covers the other editions will get...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    That's fucking awesome. Shame the score won't be.