• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Scoring:

Pink Panther 2 (the shitting, uncalled for sequel to the re-visioning)
    All About Steve
    Phoebe in Wonderland (2009)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. What if Beck had scored "Spider-Man 2"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxnxxOVlSdI
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Confirmed, is scoring "Phoebe in Wonderland".
  4. "Pink Panther 2"
    "What Happens In Vegas..."
    "All About Steve"

Recorded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008
    Hurray
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2008
    We are marshall was a rather colourless score, although it had its moments. That's the only score I know from him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    I like Big Fat Liar and Buffy The Vampire Slayer series by him. Especially Buffy! That's one of my favourite scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    Christoph wrote
    We are marshall was a rather colourless score, although it had its moments. That's the only score I know from him.

I graduated from Marshall University so the movie has a special place in my heart, and I enjoy the score by Beck quite a lot. I personally thought it was better than what most people seem to give it credit for.
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
  5. jedizim wrote
    Christoph wrote

I graduated from Marshall University so the movie has a special place in my heart, and I enjoy the score by Beck quite a lot. I personally thought it was better than what most people seem to give it credit for.

it is indeed a fine score, I like the way he represents the rise of the new time by letting the score grow from a percussive solo instrument wise score, to a full heroic orchestral score. Nice Touch smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    jedizim wrote
    Christoph wrote

I like that score too. Surprisingly melodic and touching at places, although nothing original.
  6. Good news for fans of Beck's score for Buffy which IMHO is some of the best music written for a television show in the last decade or so (only rivaled by Giacchino's ALIAS and LOST):

http://weblogs.variety.com/thesetlist/2 … score.html

http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire-Sla … B001DMW2AK
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008
    Really? Have never heard a note off it, nor have i watched the show. How is it like? (the music)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Finally we will be able to hear this music. I've always found this one of the Mysteries of Film Music. Quite popular among the fans, but I never heard any of it.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008 edited
    The score certainly has its highlights, given to the fact that Buffy constantly had to save the world from eternal damnation at the end of a season, so it gets quite epic sometimes, but even the more quiet moments were great from time to time.

The series itself is a mixed bag. You have to like the series´creator Joss Whedon´s humour, and you have to get through the first bunch of episodes, then you´re in for a treat. And there are some VERY great drama episodes along the way. The Body, anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't quite care for the series wink The score: orchestral? Synthy? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2008 edited
    Synthy. And sometimes BAD synthy. But some stuff was truly great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    slant
  7. Actually, I always thought Becks samples are way superior than just about anyone else's who is scoring mainly synth-based TV music, especially for the time when he was on the show (1997-2000). He also made an effort to regularly use lots of live solo instruments and vocals.
    I recommend checking out this site that has most of the tracks from his Season 2 & 3 promos: http://www.bluntinstrument.org.uk/beck/buffy/slayer.htm (episode 2.17 and 3.09 being just two examples for having some really stong cues).
  8. He won an Emmy, did he not, for the work? And was nominated another time.

It's not like his film work. For some reason when he went to films, he got too experimental and laid back on themes. In BTVS he was more into reoccuring themes, motifs, and general likability. Moody, emotional, even beautiful, and then of course sad.

I made a thread devoted to most of the clips of the music that are up on YouTube:
    http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. … ge%20Board

The official release compiles about half the tracks from the S2 and S3 score promos -- so don't toss those yet! But it offers a HEAFTY new chunk of music from S4!!! PReviously only two suits from S4 had been available, on the Rounder Records BTVS Musical CD, as a bonus, with the S5 finale piece by eck (who stepped back into scoring duties for the S5 finale; Thomas Wanker was the regular composer).
  9. Demetris, this video might give you a sense of what to expect from Buffy. And yeah, that IS music from the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4XtmGTWzs
  10. That's music from S7, Ralph Kruhm, not by Christophe Beck.

It's by Robert Duncan.
    http://www.duncanmusic.com/buffy.html
  11. So it IS music from the series... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't like it, at all. Thanks for the clips mates wave
  12. Well then... watch whatever you like... for example? Any TV series you really dig...?

(No LOST spoilers please, I´m way behind watching THAT)
  13. It's hard to pathom how anyone could not like "Magic Snow Music", "Lonliness of Six", "Sacrifice", so forth.

But then again, isn't D a Zimmer fan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I Was talking about the music as used in the clip you provided.
  14. All of those are in the link I provided.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    From the moviemusic.com's boards (Peter Kelly)

On September 9, Rounder Records will release Buffy The Vampire Slayer – The Score. The Score contains 29 tracks, all drawn from seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the cult TV favorite “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” which Time chose as one of the “100 Best TV Shows of All Time.”

Emmy-award winning Christophe Beck composed, mixed and produced this latest “Buffy” soundtrack. Beck has scored most of the “Buffy” series, including Once More, With Feeling, the musical episode and soundtrack that has sold over 200,000 copies in the U.S. alone. Beck has also scored many films including We Are Marshall, What Happens in Vegas, and Under the Tuscan Sun. He also composed the music for “Angel,” the television spin-off to “Buffy.”

Track Listing:

SEASON 2

1.Massacre (from “Becoming”)
    2.Angel Waits (from “Passion”)
    3.Remembering Jenny (from “Passion”)
    4.Twice the Fool (from “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”)
    5.Moment of Happiness (from “Innocence”)

SEASON 3

6.Loneliness of Six (from “Lover’s Walk”)
    7.Sugar High (from “Band Candy”)
    8.Tai Chi (from “Band Candy”)
    9.Kralik’s House (from “Helpless”)
    10.Magic Snow Music (from “Amends”)
    11.Slayer’s Elegy (from “The Wish”)
    12.Faith’s End (from “Graduation Day”)
    13.Drink Me (from “Graduation Day”)
    14.One Last Moment (from “Graduation Day”)

SEASON 4

15.Haunted (from “Fear Itself”)
    16.From the Grave (from “This Year’s Girl”)
    17.Demon Got Your Tongue (from “Hush”)
    18.Golf Claps (from “Hush”)
    19.The Princess Screams (from “Hush”)
    20.Spellbound (from “Who Are You?”)
    21.Fyarl in the Morning (from “A New Man”)
    22.A Really Big Sandbox (from “Restless”)
    23.Spaghetti (from “Restless”)
    24.Body Paint (from “Restless”)
    25.Xander’s Nightmare (from “Restless”)

SEASON 5

26.The Tower (from “The Gift”)
    27.Losing Battle (from “The Gift”)
    28.Apocalypse (from “The Gift”)
    29.Sacrifice (alternate version, from “The Gift”)
  15. Well, PeterK got one thing wrong:

"He composed the music for "Angel" "

Robert J. Kral composed the music for "Angel", with Beck helping out on a few episodes to get Kral settled.