• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    His text is just the official press release from Beck's publicist. So, there's always a glitch in these. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Happy it's finally getting a release! I always liked the Buffy scores.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2008
    That's great to hear. Some of the best stuff from his promo CDs isn't on the official CD sadly.

And I would love to hear concert arrangements of some of his cues and performed by an actual orchestra. Some of his best music in the show was hampered by its electronic nature, sadly.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    I have the Buffy cd on order at SAE cant wait to get my paws on that one.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    justin boggan wrote

Robert J. Kral composed the music for "Angel", with Beck helping out on a few episodes to get Kral settled.

Beck DID score the pilot for "Angel" by himself, and some of Beck's motifs were re-used by Kral... the most notable example being the S1 episode "I Will Remember You."
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  1. Sound clips now up at Amazon.com, with track times. Looks like, not counting the stuff that was on the promos, about 29mins of new score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. iTunes includes two bonus score cues not on the CD.

One person who got the CD reports some crappy edits, liek the first 45 second of "Magic Snow Music" -- one ofhte most beautiful things Beck has ever done -- simply left off. What a mistake.

A bigger mistake, the battle music for the season 3 finale during the battle between Buffy and Faith, ends like half way threw; the whole piece is like three minutes long.

Thank goodness I kept the score promos. I wonder if any bad edits were made to the S4 and S5 cues.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    Yes...thank goodness... shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008 edited
    I have the promos and I see what you mean , oh well , we get what we get, maybe a nip here and a tuck there for time, only problem is we loose.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. There were some other edits made too. Just not those two cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2008
    like I said my friend , we loose , but I got the cd anyway, love the Buffy music.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009 edited
    PHOEBE IN WONDERLAND
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Christophe Beck

A young girl (Elle Fanning) longs to be in her school’s production of “Alice in Wonderland.” After being cast in the lead role of Alice by her eccentric drama teacher (Patricia Clarkson), Phoebe reveals a unique talent but, much like Alice herself, is increasingly at odds with the world around her and begins to retreat into a world of her imagination. Though her parents (Felicity Huffman and Bill Pullman) initially see their daughter’s unusual behavior as signs of creativity, they gradually realize that Phoebe is at risk of falling “through the looking glass.”

The enchanting score is by Christophe Beck.

ThinkFilm! opens PHOEBE IN WONDERLAND in limited release on March 6.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 952 2
    Release Date: 03/17/09
  4. Anthony wrote
    PHOEBE IN WONDERLAND

Music Composed by Christophe Beck

A young girl (Elle Fanning) longs to be in her school’s production of “Alice in Wonderland.” After being cast in the lead role of Alice by her eccentric drama teacher (Patricia Clarkson), Phoebe reveals a unique talent but, much like Alice herself, is increasingly at odds with the world around her and begins to retreat into a world of her imagination. Though her parents (Felicity Huffman and Bill Pullman) initially see their daughter’s unusual behavior as signs of creativity, they gradually realize that Phoebe is at risk of falling “through the looking glass.”

The enchanting score is by Christophe Beck.

ThinkFilm! opens PHOEBE IN WONDERLAND in limited release on March 6.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 952 2
    Release Date: 03/17/09

has anyone heard this one yet?
    It has been out for a couple of weeks now
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote
    PHOEBE IN WONDERLAND

has anyone heard this one yet?
    It has been out for a couple of weeks now

I think it's pretty good. Unfortunately, most of the tracks are very short, but it still works as a listening experience. I recommend checking out the end credits suite which can be downloaded here: http://www.bluntinstrument.org.uk/beck/ … erland.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    How would you describe it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. http://www.amazon.com/Phoebe-Wonderland … amp;sr=8-2

Sound a little Thomas Newman-ish, but pretty nonetheless. I'd say, based on hte clips, it's more enjoyable than "Under the Tuscan Sun".
  7. justin boggan wrote
    http://www.amazon.com/Phoebe-Wonderland … amp;sr=8-2

Sound a little Thomas Newman-ish, but pretty nonetheless. I'd say, based on hte clips, it's more enjoyable than "Under the Tuscan Sun".

Yeah, if you're familiar with Beck's scores, it probably comes closest to Year of the Dog and Under the Tuscan Sun, performed by a smaller ensemble than the latter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Is it a synthfest or has some real orchestral material too?
  8. DemonStar wrote
    Is it a synthfest or has some real orchestral material too?

LAte reply, but as I recall: almsot completely orchestra. Like a light Thomas Newman score. Maybe I'll whip it out for a review in a few days.

NEW ASSIGNMENT:
    http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … pians.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Nice! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    ....and the olympians and the what thieves? uhm yeah, nice. :shrug:
  9. 2 reviews added of Beck:

- Under the Tuscan Sun
    - We Are Marshall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    Nice. I haven't heard the first, but the 2nd - although unoriginal, has enough melodic and some even powerful orchestral moments to keep interest.
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    Nice. I haven't heard the first, but the 2nd - although unoriginal, has enough melodic and some even powerful orchestral moments to keep interest.

haven't heard the first as well, but I loved the basic transformation from the tepid underscore to the more rousing material in the second part
  11. Anyone know any information on Beck's upcoming Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone know any information on Beck's upcoming Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief?

I don't, but I'm struggling to think of a film with a worse title. Is anyone seriously going to queue up at the box office and ask for a ticket for a film called "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief"? They'd die of embarrassment.
  12. People of a certain generation would say Percy Edwards - now THAT would be embarrassing!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good ol' Percy Edwards. He helped create the sounds the Alien made in ALIEN.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. Timmer wrote

shocked

Did he?!?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

shocked

Did he?!?

Yes he did!

Percy Edwards
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt