• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    People of a certain generation would say Percy Edwards - now THAT would be embarrassing!

Or Percy Thrower!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Who didn't do the gardening for Silent Running.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone know any information on Beck's upcoming Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief?

I don't, but I'm struggling to think of a film with a worse title. Is anyone seriously going to queue up at the box office and ask for a ticket for a film called "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief"? They'd die of embarrassment.

Nanny McPhee and the big bang.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Found this interesting quote:

Commenting on his work on the score for Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Beck noted, "Working on "Percy Jackson" gave me a fantastic opportunity to write a richly thematic and full-bodied symphonic score. This is the kind of project that composers dream of scoring, and I'd like to thank Chris Columbus for making it such a great experience."

The CD comes out February 16th.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief Soundtrack

ABKCO Records will release both the physical and digital soundtrack from Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, the much anticipated feature film based on the first book in author Rick Riordan's best selling Percy Jackson series. The Twentieth Century Fox film was directed by Chris Columbus (Gremlins, The Goonies, Home Alone, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Night at the Museum) and will debut in theaters nationwide on February 12TH. ABKCO will release the album, featuring Christophe Beck's original score digitally on February 9TH, with a physical album release to follow on February 16TH.

In the film, trouble-prone teen Percy Jackson is having problems at school – but that's the least of his challenges. It's the 21st century, but the gods of Mount Olympus seem to have walked out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology texts and into his life – and they're not happy. Zeus' lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Now, Percy and his friends must embark on a cross-country adventure to catch the true thief, save Percy's family, and unravel a mystery more powerful than the gods themselves.

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief stars Logan Lerman, Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Steve Coogan, Rosario Dawson, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Joe Pantoliano and Uma Thurman.

Christophe Beck's evocative score provides a musical context for the epic struggle between gods and men in this highly anticipated adventure fantasy film. The Canadian-born composer has scored numerous films including The Hangover, What Happens In Vegas, The Pink Panther, We Are Marshall, Under the Tuscan Sun, Fred Claus, Charlie Bartlett, Cheaper By The Dozen and won an Emmy for his work on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Commenting on his work on the score for Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Beck noted, "Working on "Percy Jackson" gave me a fantastic opportunity to write a richly thematic and full-bodied symphonic score. This is the kind of project that composers dream of scoring, and I'd like to thank Chris Columbus for making it such a great experience."

Track Listing:
    1. Prelude
    2. The Minotaur
    3. Chiron
    4. Victory
    5. The Fury
    6. Dyslexia
    7. The Hydra
    8. Medusa
    9. Son of Poseidon
    10. The Parthenon
    11. Hollywood
    12. Lost Souls
    13. Fighting Luke, Part 1
    14. Fighting Luke, Part 2
    15. Hades
    16. Mount Olympus
    17. Poseidon
    18. Homecoming
    19. End Credits
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Those tracks titled after mythological monsters piqued my interest. I hope the music is nice.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Intrigueing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. it sounds intriguing, I just hope it is as richly thematic and full-bodied symphonic as he describes it to be, and good thing to see a physical CD being released as well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Sounds clips for "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief":

http://www.abkco.com/soundtracks.php
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    Sounds clips for "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief":

http://www.abkco.com/soundtracks.php

doesn't sound bad at all, hope the rest is of equal (or even better) quality smile
  5. Didn't really grab me, but -- rather surprisingly -- in spite of the title, the clips for "Post Grad", did. And among the gentle guitar tracks on "I Love You, Beth Cooper", there is a suite titled "Beth Cooper Suite" -- that opens like dramati orchestra music, maybe what TLT could have been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Some of those Percy Jackson clips are really good. Doesn't sound extremely original, but well done.
  6. Feliz wrote
    Some of those Percy Jackson clips are really good. Doesn't sound extremely original, but well done.

indeed punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    Hey all,

Christophe Beck's official website just launched, with some great audio clips and project details!

http://www.christophebeck.com/
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  7. It's very ... ugly, but super awesome for the music samples on it seems, nearly every title. I hoped right into the unreleased "Hot Tub Time Machine", so I haven't scrolled threw, but I hope there's some for "FX: The Series".

It was baffling he never had a site after his Emmy winning work on BTVS (also baffling Mark Snow still doesn't have a site).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010
    hehe i like it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010
    WAITING FOR SUPERMAN

Charming little piano / guitar driven score.

CD COVER / SOUND CLIPS / INFO
    http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Superman- … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    DUE DATE

But it's not clarified yet whether it's a song / score or score album. The sound clips already available should clear it up though but i can't personally listen to them right now.

cd cover
    http://www.amazon.com/Due-Date-Original … mp;s=music

1. Hold on I'm Comin'
    2. New Moon Rising
    3. Is There a Ghost
    4. People Are Crazy
    5. White Room
    6. This Is Why I'm Hot
    7. Sweet Jane
    8. Amazing Grace
    9. Check Yo Self 2010
    10. Glaucoma
    11. A Good Sign
    12. Ethan's Theme

http://www.amazon.com/Due-Date-Original … mp;s=music
  8. I don't have speakers, but I'm going to take a wild stab and say "12. Ethan's Theme", is score...
  9. New interview:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52504
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2013
    Track list of 2-Disc Soundtrack for Disney's FROZEN (songs by Robert & Kristen Anderson-Lopez, score by Christophe Beck) is revealed.

'Frozen' Soundtrack to Feature Demos, Deleted Songs (Full Tracklist, Minor Spoilers) - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com
    http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-fro … ers-66449/

I only gave quick glance to the list because I don't want spoilers, but it seems it has a decent amount of score tracks and, even, "score demo" tracks! Wonder what they are? It's the first time Disney Records did, except the hyped Pirates stuff, isn't it?

Disney seems to have a really high hope on this movie, considering the promotion and soundtrack and such. And I heard really good reviews who saw it already...

But anyway, it has my favorite beautiful lady Idina Menzel, so I've been completely excited over it for months (or years). I haven't given much attention to score, to be honest shame tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  10. My review of FROZEN for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2013/12/02/froze … ophe-beck/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014
    This past November, Christophe Beck was at the Sony Scoring Stage recording his score for Disney's Muppets Most Wanted, the sequel to the smash 2011 film, The Muppets. Directed by James Bobin, with whom Beck worked on the first film, the film opened on March 21, 2014, and has already grossed over $40 million. ScoringSessions.com is delighted to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2014
  11. "Ant-Man" theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_5NwVy8L5M
  12. That's fun. The theme itself isn't great but I like the orchestration and the feel of it. Sounds like a spy/caper score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2015
    That track is now one of my favourites of the year!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015
    Not bad at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015 edited
    Not fantastic, but a lot of nice things going for it. I've always said that Beck has the chops (I've been rooting for him ever since the days of F/X in the 90s when he went as Jean-Christophe), but he's often been bogged down in less than stellar projects and/or projects that haven't required him to flex his musical muscles.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. He's credited as Christophe Beck on "F/X: The Seires". I'm going through the first season now.

To me, he comes close, but he never quite gets there for some reason. I can hear it -- I know he could. I'd love for him to study with somebody like Grusin, Shire or Schifrin.