• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hmm....Ghost Rider, relaxing. Only if you're high on meth or worse *hint* *hint* biggrin

*hint* *hint*? Not trying to flog Steve something stronger like aspirin are ya? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Our humour? Best in the world, along with Australian and American humour. Our drinking problems? Er... okay, you got us there. Our queen? Pfft, f*ck that bitch. The weather? Yeah, not always great to be honest.

Ah. Looks like I'm agreeing with most of what you said! shocked biggrin

TRAITOR!

You'll be pissing yer pants come the day you get an OBE for survices to playing loud music though she'll be an holographic 3D CGI old biddy by then.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt

Great themes and big badass action music!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt

Great themes and big badass action music!! punk

Awesome score, real melody, very emotional. Loving it!

N.P. BRIAN TYLER - Rambo

It's been long since i last played this and i love it! The filler tracks are just...well, filler but there also is some very serious rocking action in there too, like "The Rescue" for example. Pounding Middle-eastern percussion hell and string ostinati with brass can never go wrong! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    NP: The Time Machine - Klaus Badelt

Although it does sound derivative of other composers, I still think this is one of his better effort. Plus, it is also enjoyable on its own.

I agree. Along with EQUILIBRIUM, THE PROMISE and even the dark THE PLEDGE. NED KELLY and K-19: WIDOWMAKER are also interesting while RESCUE DAWN and INVINCIBLE are probably his best scores to date, imo.

I love Equilibrium...

Just a brilliant synth score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    NP: The Time Machine - Klaus Badelt

Although it does sound derivative of other composers, I still think this is one of his better effort. Plus, it is also enjoyable on its own.

I agree. Along with EQUILIBRIUM, THE PROMISE and even the dark THE PLEDGE. NED KELLY and K-19: WIDOWMAKER are also interesting while RESCUE DAWN and INVINCIBLE are probably his best scores to date, imo.

I love Equilibrium...

Just a brilliant synth score...

It is indeed and the male choir work is very thrilling. Sad to see it so overlooked though.
  2. There's another score I really like => Catwoman... I'm probably the only one on Earth, but it's so different (probably because it was arranged by ten guys biggrin )... And I've never seen that aweful film... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've never seen it either. It's HOLY CRAP i hear but the score has several nice moments i like too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    NP: I am Sam - John Powell
    Warm, beautiful, charming, touching, and sometimes odd (in a good way)... nice to listen while studying smile

"Nighttime Visits" is the best track!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    NP: The Jungle Book 2 - Joel McNeely

Highlights are so few in my opinion. Maybe that's why there wasn't much score material on the official soundtrack. But then it's got its moments too and those are when I, like a lot of other people, wonder why this dude is stuck at Disney and scores only direct to video sequels for Uncle Mickey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Monsters Inc. - Randy Newman

A very fun score IMO. Especially after watching the movie, I am enjoying it a lot more than I used to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: TaleSpin - Christopher L Stone

VERY, VERY, VERY underrated score from the TV series, right now available only as a rare composer promo (albeit with thankfully great sound quality). The main theme is just plain heroic, and its variations in several tracks (action-based, dramatic, romantic, sad) are just fantastic. The action music is terrific, and the diversity of the instruments in the orchestra is remarkable too, IMO. A true gem, really. When I was younger, I used to turn on the series sometimes just to listen to the music!!

Each and EVERY track on this is a gem!

My rating - 5 out of 5.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Phantom David Newman

Excellent score. One question though; why does Williams use the same male wailing in 'The Moon Rising' from A.I. as Newman did in 'For Those Who Came In Late'? Anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer
    tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Lion Ki...Zzzzzz

(Good score, I'm just so bored of hearing about it!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer
    tongue

I'd have to copy paste this five times if I want to state the exact number of times I played it cheesy And what's the long tongue for? THIS is what TLK is - punk

NP: Hunchback of Notre Dame - Alan Menken

Menken Magic!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Lion Ki...Zzzzzz

(Good score, I'm just so bored of hearing about it!)

biggrin
  3. NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

I like the movie because of the dogs (who doesn't?), but the score doesn't exactly do much for me. Not a big Isham fan either, so this score will never convert me in one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK V : THE FINAL FRONTIER - Jerry Goldsmith

Kind of appropriate considering one of the very active threads going on at the moment wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

I have started liking it a lot more than I did initially. Very enjoyable! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    DreamTheater wrote
    NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

I like the movie because of the dogs (who doesn't?), but the score doesn't exactly do much for me. Not a big Isham fan either, so this score will never convert me in one.

I think it's a great score - I like Isham in adventure mode (see also Racing Stripes).

NP: Paycheck - John Powell

Super-duper!

punk
  4. I'm in a bit (actually, come to think of it, a lot biggrin ) of Western mood today, so...

Was listening to... The Big Country (Jerome Moross)

Then followed by... True Grit (Elmer Bernstein)

And NP: Tombstone (Bruce Broughton) punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    I'm in a bit (actually, come to think of it, a lot biggrin ) of Western mood today, so...

Was listening to... The Big Country (Jerome Moross)

Then followed by... True Grit (Elmer Bernstein)

And NP: Tombstone (Bruce Broughton) punk

Great plays! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote
    The Phantom David Newman

Excellent score. One question though; why does Williams use the same male wailing in 'The Moon Rising' from A.I. as Newman did in 'For Those Who Came In Late'? Anyone?

I had to play this one again, that theme is so awesome!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Phantom David Newman

punk

The entire score is incredible. That finale track is a spine-tingler and the action music is splendid. As for the wailing voice that Williams also used used in A.I... could be from the same production music library. That's my best guess.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote
    The Phantom David Newman

punk

The entire score is incredible. That finale track is a spine-tingler and the action music is splendid. As for the wailing voice that Williams also used used in A.I... could be from the same production music library. That's my best guess.

-Erik-

THE PHANTOM is not often mention in the pantheon of superhero scores. I think ir's one of the very best, shame Newman hasn't had more work in this vein.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Something muscle bound to go with my angry, irritable mood...

NP : WHERE EAGLES DARE - Ron Goodwin

explode punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

Swwwweeeeeeet! cool
  5. Nick Glennie-Smith & HZ - LAURAS STERN

The main theme written by NGS is perfect !

HZ's theme is very good too... beer beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll have more of the same...

NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

punk