• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    I love it. I wouldn't rate so highly but since that theme is gorgeous to my ears, i can play it non-stop. Love it.

n.p. BRIAN TYLER - fast and the furious: tokyo drift

Almost forgotten how KICK ASS this rockin' adrenaline-packed score is!!!! punk punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    Panthera wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    There's another score I really like => Catwoman... I'm probably the only one on Earth, but it's so different (probably because it was arranged by ten guys biggrin )... And I've never seen that aweful film... biggrin

Hey, you're not alone. I enjoy this music. I heard that people hate it, but I never will.

When I watched the movie (which wasn't so bad as many want to believe), the music worked very well. Is this score released ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Miya wrote
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Most movies about animal heros have great scores! smile

Hidalgo was a rather uninspired score for me. Howard has made a lot better stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christoph wrote
    Panthera wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    There's another score I really like => Catwoman... I'm probably the only one on Earth, but it's so different (probably because it was arranged by ten guys biggrin )... And I've never seen that aweful film... biggrin

Hey, you're not alone. I enjoy this music. I heard that people hate it, but I never will.

When I watched the movie (which wasn't so bad as many want to believe), the music worked very well. Is this score released ?

Are you kidding me? THE MOVIE ABSOLUTELY ROCKED! Ask Martijn wink The score isn't officially released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Water Horse - Legend Of The Deep - James Newton Howard

Amazing score, and one of my top 5 scores of 2007!! But WHY did they make those 4 extra tracks iTunes exclusive???
  1. NP: The Wind and the Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

Glorious Goldsmith!! punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer

Dark and murky like the film's theme...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Finally got my wireless home network to work so I can listen to my iTunes collection anywhere in the house. This morning, while I'm feeding Mr. Moo his breakfast, we are listening to my Scores of 1995 playlist.

My playlist begins with the 5 Oscar nominated scores from that year...

- Apollo 13 - "End Credits" (James Horner)
    - Braveheart - "Betrayal and Desolation" (James Horner) <-- should have won
    - Nixon - "The 1960's The Turbulent Years" (John Williams)
    - Sense and Sensibility - "Throw The Coins" (Patrick Doyle)
    - Il Postino - Theme (Luis Bacalov)*
    - The American President - Main Titles (Marc Shaiman) <-- should have won
    - Pocahontas - "Colors of the Wind (Instrumental) (Alan Menken)*
    - Theme - Sabrina (John Williams)
    - Toy Story - Infinity and Beyond (Randy Newman)

* actual winner

The only other Oscar nominated score that year was Thomas Newman for Unstrung Heroes.... unfortunately, I don't have that one.

Anyway, the playlist is 56 tracks long featuring as many 1995 scores that I could find based off of THIS list.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Miya wrote
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Most movies about animal heros have great scores! smile

I don't go bananas over Viggo Mortensen either but i wouldn't call him an animal

lol

For me, Hidalgo's leading actor is TJ, not Mortensen biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

I like the movie because of the dogs (who doesn't?), but the score doesn't exactly do much for me. Not a big Isham fan either, so this score will never convert me in one.

I think that's a great score. Main theme is so gorgeous. I often play end titles on DVD to listen to the suite. (I'm waiting till it's upgraded to iTunes plus... no hope? rolleyes )

But I agree with you about the dogs wink

Timmer wrote
    NP : FLY AWAY HOME - Mark Isham

Very good cool

That's a great score too! Is it a bootleg or something?

I'm not sure? A good friend on this board made me a copy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    NP: The Wind and the Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

Glorious Goldsmith!! punk cool

Absolute class punk ....just like mine....

NP : MASADA - Jerry Goldsmith

'The Slaves' must be one of the great singular tracks by Goldsmith, beautiful and heartbreakingly powerful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Lionheart - Jerry Goldsmith

punk
  2. NP: Cutthroat Island - John Debney

The score opens with explode and doesn't let up! Definitive swashbuckle. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The Grey Pilgrim wrote
    NP: Cutthroat Island - John Debney

The score opens with explode and doesn't let up! Definitive swashbuckle. punk

Totally agreed! One of the best action scores and Debney scores out there. The 2 CD release is fantastic also with great sound quality! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL - Jerry Goldsmith

!970's Goldsmith punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    NP: The Rocketeer - James Horner

One of his very finest scores from the 90s IMO. Gorgeous theme (played so beautifully on piano) and some of Horner's best action/adventure music. I can still remember very well the day I bought this and being totally blown away by its quality. Superb stuff.

cool
  3. NP: Marco Polo - Ennio Morricone

As always, his themes are impeccable. Gorgeous stuffs. applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Searching For Bobby Fischer - James Horner

Absolutely gorgeous little gem of a score. Is it me or is this one terribly overlooked? For such a subtle work, there is a surprising amount of diverse material on this album, from lovely rhythmic piano led passages to very subtle use of synths. A very soothing listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

One of Doyle's finest scores, IMO, and one of my most favourite fantasy scores of all time. Except for the overuse of the main theme (which is kinda Doyle's signature tongue ) I just love the powerful sound developed in tracks like Eragon, Saphira's First Flight, If You Were Flying and Saphira Returns. Durza is a great villain track and Ra'Zac, Burning Farm and of course the epic Battle For Varden are terrific action tracks, the last being, IMO, one of the best tracks ever composed by Doyle. There is quite some good stuff missing from the album but it's still a nice listening experience.

My rating - 4 out of 5

I agree with all your points (except I'd have given it a five, rather than a four tongue); you and I share almost exactly the same favorite tracks! biggrin punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Klaus Badelt

Great soundtrack; I probably like this better than the Dead Man's Chest one. My only complaint is the track names; some of them don't seem to fit very well (e.g. Will and Elizabeth, Barbossa Is Hungry, etc.), and are rather strange when compared to the music they represent. Other than that, everything is great. Couldn't be any happier! biggrin

Favorite tracks:

2. The Medallion Calls
    7. Barbossa Is Hungry
    11. Skull and Crossbones
    12. Bootstrap's Bootstraps
    13. Underwater March
    14. He's a Pirate
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    LSH wrote
    NP: Searching For Bobby Fischer - James Horner

Absolutely gorgeous little gem of a score. Is it me or is this one terribly overlooked? For such a subtle work, there is a surprising amount of diverse material on this album, from lovely rhythmic piano led passages to very subtle use of synths. A very soothing listen.

It is an overlooked Horner gem. I love his piano theme with the chord changes that slowly builds
    which he used so well in A Beatiful Mind, The opening of Bicentennial Man and Sneakers.

I can also totally relate to your thoughts on The Rocketeer! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Rocketeer - James Horner

One of his very finest scores from the 90s IMO. Gorgeous theme (played so beautifully on piano) and some of Horner's best action/adventure music. I can still remember very well the day I bought this and being totally blown away by its quality. Superb stuff.

cool

Great score and one of the classiest booklet covers ever!

NP : CHINATOWN - Jerry Goldsmith

Great score and, coincidently, yet another of the classiest covers ever. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote
    I agree with all your points (except I'd have given it a five, rather than a four tongue); you and I share almost exactly the same favorite tracks! biggrin punk beer

I deducted one point because of the over-repetition of the theme. That got a bit annoying sometimes! LOL wink

NP: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Klaus Badelt

Great soundtrack; I probably like this better than the Dead Man's Chest one. My only complaint is the track names; some of them don't seem to fit very well (e.g. Will and Elizabeth, Barbossa Is Hungry, etc.), and are rather strange when compared to the music they represent. Other than that, everything is great. Couldn't be any happier! biggrin

Favorite tracks:

2. The Medallion Calls
    7. Barbossa Is Hungry
    11. Skull and Crossbones
    12. Bootstrap's Bootstraps
    13. Underwater March
    14. He's a Pirate

Agreed! beer Barbossa Is Hungry is one of the best tracks of the trilogy IMO.

NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

Ok, ok, relax, I am posting this after two days! wink lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - a girl with a pearl earring.

What a gorgeous gem, so much beauty, elegance, melody, class. Not the kind of scores you get often. Pure brilliance and grace in each and every note.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

Ok, ok, relax, I am posting this after two days! wink lol

Is it necessary to post about it each time you hear it? wink
    You clearly need to hear something new. shocked

Something like this:

THE LUZHIN DEFENCE | alexandre desplat

His first score with the LSO. Quite dreamy and a bit like Girl with a Pearl Earring and even a litle Birth. The main theme is really nice! There's this piano that leads the way, but is then backed with pizzicato and sometimes like trembling string, really nice to hear. There's so much going on in the back. And what a love theme! shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    NP: Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer

One of the most original soundtracks Mr. Zimmer has ever composed. I especially like the quieter tracks like "Leave No Man Behind" and "Mogadishu Blues" but there are some good action tracks as well. I also like the Lisa Gerrard and Joe Strummer songs (Barra Barra is a bit too weird for my taste).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FIREWALL | Alexandre Desplat

Now this is my kind of Desplat score. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Bregt wrote

Is it necessary to post about it each time you hear it? wink

If I posted each time I listened to it you'd find it in this thread at least 20 or so times! LOL dizzy

You clearly need to hear something new. shocked

Believe me, I keep discovering new stuff but don't forget the old ones! wink

NP: Fist Of The North Star - Christopher L Stone

One of the relatively unknown scores, but a very fine one! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Waterworld - James Newton Howard

My best JNH score till date!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Timmer wrote
    Miya wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : FLY AWAY HOME - Mark Isham

Very good cool

That's a great score too! Is it a bootleg or something?

I'm not sure? A good friend on this board made me a copy.

I was wondering if there was a limited release (like Tombstone, I know little about those releases)... thanks anyway. I'll search for info about it smile

NP: Once Upon A Time In America - Ennio Morricone (hope I didn't misspell maestro's name)
    I got it a few months ago but haven't heard it lately... wow. Beautiful.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp