• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i read that Erik, but i didn't assume you'd actually "leave" us for that alone.

It was something that tipped me over the edge. I'm not completely happy with where this board is going. Not so much the people - who I love - but with the direction of conversation and the topics being discussed. I'm finding that a lot of the conversation is going way off topic which is polluting this board and is really irritating me. See, it's happening here. This is the Now Playing thread and I'm discussing my leave of absence. rolleyes So, I'm going to step back and see what happens.

-Erik-

The NP thread has always be a 'discuss whatever' thread though? Does it really matter? It's just conversation at the end of the day, doesn't have to be so rigged with rules and the like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, i read that Erik, but i didn't assume you'd actually "leave" us for that alone.

It was something that tipped me over the edge. I'm not completely happy with where this board is going. Not so much the people - who I love - but with the direction of conversation and the topics being discussed. I'm finding that a lot of the conversation is going way off topic which is polluting this board and is really irritating me. See, it's happening here. This is the Now Playing thread and I'm discussing my leave of absence. rolleyes So, I'm going to step back and see what happens.

-Erik-

The NP thread has always be a 'discuss whatever' thread though? Does it really matter? It's just conversation at the end of the day, doesn't have to be so rigged with rules and the like.

Not so much rules... but when I want to find some film music discussion in this thread I sometimes have to sift through 3 to 4 pages of bullshit before I find anything related to film music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Sure, lots of times a NP of somebody has lead to a secondary discussion in the NP thread but when the secondary discussion goes too far / too long, usually it continues in the proper thread, etc.
    Anyway as Steven says it´s about talking at the end of the day.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

Not so much rules... but when I want to find some film music discussion in this thread I sometimes have to sift through 3 to 4 pages of bullshit before I find anything related to film music.

-Erik-

That's a fair point. Sometimes I can't be arsed to read everything (most of the time actually)... so yeah you're right, there is a certain degree of bullshit on the board.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Rambo (Goldsmith)

Probably the most heroic score ever composed.

I remember when I use to watch the movie only to hear Goldsmith score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

That's a fair point. Sometimes I can't be arsed to read everything (most of the time actually)... so yeah you're right, there is a certain degree of bullshit on the board.

Ok, then tighter moderation should be due i suppose, especially if more people think in this way too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ok, then tighter moderation should be due i suppose, especially if more people think in this way too.

I certainly don´t. I like the "take it easy"-approach we have around here a lot. Of course there are some discussions going nuts, but I think that´s okay. We´re a crazy community, but quite happy together, as well (at least most of the time), and a tighter moderation would certainly kill that atmosphere of personal freedom and fun we have. I understand that this might alienate a few guys with more serious interests, but I think this community works very fine the way it does.

And BTW, speaking about freedom and topics going nuts, what the hell are YOU doing here? It´s your team playing right now against Sweden, isn´t it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Although I'm not as regular a poster as many here, I like coming here because there seems to be less restrictions on conversations and the paths they take. Sure if the conversations get too silly and go on for far too long, perhaps there is some need for moderation, but for the most part I like the ebb and flow of natural conversation wherever it leads.

Buy anyway...

NP: Cherry 2000 - Basil Poledouris

My favorite Poledouris score. Not Conan the Barbarian, not Starship Troopers, and not Robocop. This score really displays why Poledouris was such an amazing composer. His beautiful lyricism, masterful integration of electronics, thematic grandeur, and the ability to fully envelop you in a listening experience are all present here. I love it!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

Do you mean First Blood? Or Rambo: First Blood Pt. II?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote
    Although I'm not as regular a poster as many here, I like coming here because there seems to be less restrictions on conversations and the paths they take. Sure if the conversations get too silly and go on for far too long, perhaps there is some need for moderation, but for the most part I like the ebb and flow of natural conversation wherever it leads.

Buy anyway...

NP: Cherry 2000 - Basil Poledouris

My favorite Poledouris score. Not Conan the Barbarian, not Starship Troopers, and not Robocop. This score really displays why Poledouris was such an amazing composer. His beautiful lyricism, masterful integration of electronics, thematic grandeur, and the ability to fully envelop you in a listening experience are all present here. I love it!!

WOW!

Never heard anyone say CHERRY 2000 was their favourite? Horses for courses um? I do like it a lot and some moments point towards The Hunt For Red October.

NP : COb] - [b][big]m/big]
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote

Not really, let is go with tha flow (omg, did I just said that).

Perhaps we need a quatum on the amount of times you can post about the same score in a certain time frame? wink
    Kazoo
  1. You really think this would stop him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Timmer wrote

Come again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    David wrote
    Timmer wrote

Come again?

He said COb] - [b][big]m/big]. Jeez, learn to read. rolleyes biggrin

Unbreakable JNH

I wish I could compose like this, the man's a friggin master of his art. sad/ cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Steven wrote
    David wrote
    Timmer wrote

Come again?

He said COb] - [b][big]m/big]. Jeez, learn to read. rolleyes biggrin

I knew there was a reason I was prescribed glasses. Maybe I should start wearing them. tongue

NP: The Touch - Basil Poledouris

Another great score that gets far too few plays from me. God how I miss this man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Not really, let is go with tha flow (omg, did I just said that).

Perhaps we need a quatum on the amount of times you can post about the same score in a certain time frame? wink

I was just throwing it around to get opinions, as i did. Thanks people.

N.P ALEXANDRE DESPLAT - L'enemi intimme

I love this score, so dark and majestic, hypnotic and eerie. Plus the main theme is so mesmerizing and beautiful...it was instant love for me and this score right from the first listen and it didn't loose any of its touch to date.
  2. Good to see you here, Erik. I've been missing your reactions to the latest scores.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    Unbreakable JNH

I wish I could compose like this, the man's a friggin master of his art. sad/ cheesy

I'm listening to this right now! As you can see below...

NP: Unbreakable - James Newton Howard

Yup, fantastic stuff. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Good to see you here, Erik. I've been missing your reactions to the latest scores.

You can get a good guess by taking the polar opposite of whatever I say! wink

Hope Erik can regain the love for the forum. It's always good to see his posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Good to see you here, Erik. I've been missing your reactions to the latest scores.

Same here. I consider Erik a very valuable member of the community, hope to see him returning back as soon as he feels like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: A Beautiful Mind - James Horner

Something academic-related to motivate me for my physics exam tomorrow before I go to bed. Goodnight. smile

sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008
    LSH wrote
    NP: A Beautiful Mind - James Horner

Something academic-related to motivate me for my physics exam tomorrow before I go to bed. Goodnight. smile

sleep

AS or A2? Either way, hope you do well in it. Those exams are a bitch, I had chemistry ones last year.

I take it you'll be going to uni?

The Package JNH

Excellent early action score from one of my top composers. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : COb] - [b]m/big]

Come again?

Don't know what the feck happened there?

It was COCOON - [big]James Horner

Great score, one of my early faves ( in fact, I think this was the 2nd score I ever bought of Horner's )....oh well, played iot a few hours ago now! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    WTF confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008 edited
    test
    I'm not actually playing anything

NP : STAR WARS - John Williams

Edit to add : No probs? Me no unnerstan confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    ^ biggrin

NP: Kung Fu Panda - Hans Zimmer and John Powell

First listen on this one. So far, so good. Nice and playful, and I've always been fond of the integration of eastern instruments into western orchestras.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown - John Powell
    Amazing stuff, one of my Powell favs!! punk
  3. David wrote
    NP: Kung Fu Panda - Hans Zimmer and John Powell

First listen on this one. So far, so good. Nice and playful, and I've always been fond of the integration of eastern instruments into western orchestras.

Give it some additional listenings, and you´ll become addicted.

NP: Last FM Internet radio - Tag: scores
    Always comes up with new and unexpected stuff I didn´t know before. I discovered this only recently, and I´m so happy I did. You just enter an artist you like, and Last FM plays stuff in the same vein, or you give a tag like scores and you get scores all day. It doesn´t work 100%, but you can always skip a title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Do you mean First Blood? Or Rambo: First Blood Pt. II?

I mean Rambo.....First Blood Part II.Wich is what I said. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Same here. I consider Erik a very valuable member of the community, hope to see him returning back as soon as he feels like it.

What happens with Erik? Is he going? why?

NP:Gremlins 2 a new batch

I think Im the only one who enjoy much more this than the first score.

The new theme is beer More Wild!

Next Playing : Alias Season 1

Yesterday I saw the some episodes in television. What a great show was the first 3 seasons!

I hope Giacchino will come back to this style soon.