• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    I'll have more of the same...

NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

punk

Aw, man, you make me jealous! I really want that score! biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jaws John Williams

Yeah, you know what, that two note motif is very underwhelming! Jeez, couldn't Williams have come up with something with more than TWO NOTES!? Anthony is absolutely right, this really is nothing amazing.
  1. NP: Medicine Man - Jerry Goldsmith

Haven't listened to this one for ages. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Yeah, you know what, that two note motif is very underwhelming! Jeez, couldn't Williams have come up with something with more than TWO NOTES!? Anthony is absolutely right, this really is nothing amazing.

Save him the effort of watching the dire film too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Surely this means...Williams could score The Dark Knight! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Williams could do TDK with one note and it would sound better!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

Swwwweeeeeeet! cool

Contrary to what most score buffs would say, this remain my favourite Trek score. There's much more emotion and awesome action writing than in II. I even went as far as making my own expanded edition, which I cannot live without. I hope one day it will see a full release.

'Stealing the Enterprise' punk

Horner doesn't make em like that anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

Swwwweeeeeeet! cool

Contrary to what most score buffs would say, this remain my favourite Trek score. There's much more emotion and awesome action writing than in II. I even went as far as making my own expanded edition, which I cannot live without. I hope one day it will see a full release.

'Stealing the Enterprise' punk

Horner doesn't make em like that anymore.

He certainly doesn't! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Is the score to The Dark Knight really bad? I was planning on waiting for the film before getting the soundtrack, but...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Is the score to The Dark Knight really bad? I was planning on waiting for the film before getting the soundtrack, but...

Make your own mind up William! Some of us here like to have a little dig wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Jaws | John Williams

First listen! I picked this up cheap (the original 35 minute version). It was good...but not anything amazing. The 2 note motif didn't seem particularly interesting, but I've yet to see the film, so it may work wonders there.

And I hate bringing him up in nearly everything now ( tongue ), but I swear Michael Giacchino based some Lost stuff on this. The raw use of piano and the French Horn in "Awed And Shocked" from Lost sounds just like parts of "The Underwater Siege". Sweet. punk

(And isn't that Hurley's theme at the beginning of "Chrissie's Death"?)

I think they're both pretty inspired by Stravinsky. And Lost leans heavily on Bartok at times too.

Still, I can't get over your muted reaction to Jaws! I thought that was a safe one that everyone loved. The film is terrific.

With comments like "It was good...but not anything amazing" and "The 2 note motif didn't seem particularly interesting", much to learn he has. Much to learn. <shakes head despairingly and thoughtfully... you know, like Yoda would>

You know what? Get the hell of my case, just because I don't like something as much as you. angry

Have a good evening. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jaws John Williams

Make your own mind up William! Some of us here like to have a little dig wink

I've figured that out by now. Hey, I don't know as much about it as some of you guys do! wink Is it traditional Zimmer sound?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Jaws | John Williams

First listen! I picked this up cheap (the original 35 minute version). It was good...but not anything amazing. The 2 note motif didn't seem particularly interesting, but I've yet to see the film, so it may work wonders there.

And I hate bringing him up in nearly everything now ( tongue ), but I swear Michael Giacchino based some Lost stuff on this. The raw use of piano and the French Horn in "Awed And Shocked" from Lost sounds just like parts of "The Underwater Siege". Sweet. punk

(And isn't that Hurley's theme at the beginning of "Chrissie's Death"?)

I think they're both pretty inspired by Stravinsky. And Lost leans heavily on Bartok at times too.

Still, I can't get over your muted reaction to Jaws! I thought that was a safe one that everyone loved. The film is terrific.

With comments like "It was good...but not anything amazing" and "The 2 note motif didn't seem particularly interesting", much to learn he has. Much to learn. <shakes head despairingly and thoughtfully... you know, like Yoda would>

You know what? Get the hell of my case, just because I don't like something as much as you. angry

Have a good evening. beer

smile

Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, some are just a little more sophisticated than others. Couldn't care less if that sounds elitist. Jaws is a classic score, and that is pretty much a unanimous opinion within and outside the film music community. To say 'not anything amazing' just goes to show you haven't really listened to it properly, and definitely need to see the film to appreciate its brilliance.

You have a good evening too. beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    To say 'not anything amazing' just goes to show you haven't really listened to it properly, and definitely need to see the film to appreciate its brilliance.

You have a good evening too. beer

That's what I said!! rolleyes biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PADRE PIO - Ennio Morricone

Typically lush and beautiful Morricone score, I should play this one more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Unfaithful - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek very beautiful

The Kingdom - Danny Elfman

The Siege- Graeme Revell : unexpected good score
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christoph wrote
    Unfaithful - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek very beautiful

The Kingdom - Danny Elfman

The Siege- Graeme Revell : unexpected good score

Unfaithful is a gorgeous score, yet another one I haven't played for some time shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    NP: The NFL On CBS (Posthumus Zone) - E.S. Posthumus

Just got this off iTunes. Only fifty-five seconds long, but still a good buy, IMO. punk biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    NP : FLY AWAY HOME - Mark Isham

Very good cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    TheTelmarine wrote
    NP: Posthumus Zone (The Theme to "The NFL On CBS") - E.S. Posthumus

Just got this off iTunes. Only fifty-five seconds long, but still a good buy, IMO. punk biggrin

Glad you like it but compared to the theme it replace it's generic garbage. I can't stand watching football on CBS because of Posthumus' new theme.

vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BLACK BEAUTY - Danny Elfman

One of my favourite Elfman scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    NP: Posthumus Zone (The Theme to "The NFL On CBS") - E.S. Posthumus

Glad you like it but compared to the theme it replace it's generic garbage. I can't stand watching football on CBS because of Posthumus' new theme.

vomit

-Erik-

LOL I don't even watch football at all! biggrin wink I just hear the theme when my dad's watching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thank God, my connection is finally working today! Been playing quite some stuff since...

But NP: Chicken Run - HGW and John Powell

What a great listening experience! punk
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    There's another score I really like => Catwoman... I'm probably the only one on Earth, but it's so different (probably because it was arranged by ten guys biggrin )... And I've never seen that aweful film... biggrin

Hey, you're not alone. I enjoy this music. I heard that people hate it, but I never will.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Time Machine - Klaus Badelt

One of the finest Badelt scores out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

I like the movie because of the dogs (who doesn't?), but the score doesn't exactly do much for me. Not a big Isham fan either, so this score will never convert me in one.

I think that's a great score. Main theme is so gorgeous. I often play end titles on DVD to listen to the suite. (I'm waiting till it's upgraded to iTunes plus... no hope? rolleyes )

But I agree with you about the dogs wink

Timmer wrote
    NP : FLY AWAY HOME - Mark Isham

Very good cool

That's a great score too! Is it a bootleg or something?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Most movies about animal heros have great scores! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Most movies about animal heros have great scores! smile

I don't go bananas over Viggo Mortensen either but i wouldn't call him an animal

Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

One of Doyle's finest scores, IMO, and one of my most favourite fantasy scores of all time. Except for the overuse of the main theme (which is kinda Doyle's signature tongue ) I just love the powerful sound developed in tracks like Eragon, Saphira's First Flight, If You Were Flying and Saphira Returns. Durza is a great villain track and Ra'Zac, Burning Farm and of course the epic Battle For Varden are terrific action tracks, the last being, IMO, one of the best tracks ever composed by Doyle. There is quite some good stuff missing from the album but it's still a nice listening experience.

My rating - 4 out of 5