• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008 edited
    So...why are you still awake at this stupid hour?

1:09AM here. I spent the evening at pub with mates, then a stop off at the kebab van and then an hour of driving round shouting "BASTARDS!!" at anyone we sew out the window. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    ....an hour of driving round shouting "BASTARDS!!" at anyone we sew out the window. dizzy

biggrin
    I´d love to see that!

Last night I went to bed at 3:00AM after a movie double feature: "Speed Racer" and "Before the Devil knows you´re Dead". The first being total fun (and how great Giacchino´s score works in the film!) and the second one of the best films I´ve watched lately).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    Anthony wrote

1:09AM here. I spent the evening at pub with mates, then a stop off at the kebab van and then an hour of driving round shouting "BASTARDS!!" at anyone we sew out the window. dizzy

A bit of a yobbo on the quiet eh Ant? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. 3:00 in the morning here! Sleeping??? nah! not right now! I'm doing night shift so what I'm doing typing a boring comment at this hour? Just trying to stay awake really!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    Anthony wrote

You're an idiot.

Anyway, I'm up cause I was trying to get some music composition done. I got bored and listened to music by people who can actually compose for real.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote

You're an idiot.

Anyway, I'm up cause I was trying to get some music composition done. I got bored and listened to music by people who can actually compose for real.

Steven makes a valid point in calling you an idiot Anthony, I'd grow up real quick because in this day and age people get killed for less than that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I did much the same the other evening, except I shouted "Highly uncivilized flotsam of society whom I will make it my personal duty and delight to see deported to some inhospitable mountain top, inhabited exclusively by man-eating eagles", but as the car was driving too fast, all anyone ever heard was "HI...".

Got a lot of friendly waves that evening.

wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I lol'd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    bounce
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Last night i was up 'till 5 a.m, writing my bachelor thesis. rolleyes Good thing is that i woke up early today and i am feeling fine although i'm seeing me doing the same tonight as well; i don't know why i feel more energetic to study and write at late hours.....is it that things are quiet, temperature drops down a bit from the melting points of daytime? I don't know but it drags me often till sunrise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The stress of the exams has been keeping me up until two or three in the morning, meaning I'm absolutely knackered when I have to go in for them. Thank God there are only two left.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Last night i was up 'till 5 a.m, writing my bachelor thesis. rolleyes Good thing is that i woke up early today and i am feeling fine although i'm seeing me doing the same tonight as well; i don't know why i feel more energetic to study and write at late hours.....is it that things are quiet, temperature drops down a bit from the melting points of daytime? I don't know but it drags me often till sunrise!

same here biggrin My concentration peaks in the night.
  2. How is your thesis going, D.?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    How is your thesis going, D.?

Slowly but steadily mate. I want to include as much useful stuff as possible, thus resulting to many, many extra chapters and because i want to be as valid as my time limits allow me, i am cross-checking between various sources and books on the same subject matter but that takes too long 'cause it's purely technical. It's a lot of work but i am immensely enjoying it. Are you starting in on your P.H.D i read the other day?
  3. My qualification talks start on Monday, not sure when I have mine yet. Looking up everyday as I am on uni preparing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    My qualification talks start on Monday, not sure when I have mine yet. Looking up everyday as I am on uni preparing.

Keep us posted, wishing you all the best! What's the subject again ? When will you know if you're going to be accepted or not?
  4. My preferred subject would be to write about a XVIth century Polish translation of the Book of Psalms written by Jan Kochanowski, our most popular Renaissance poet (It has music written to it too, in the Renaissance too) and looking at the interpretative tradition that the author refers to.

Not sure when I will know, I have my qualifications on Wednesday smile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As a former Ph.D. student myself, it's certainly something I can recommend if you're up for it. Is it estimated to three years for you as well?
    I am extremely serious.