• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Can anyone help?

I'm looking to convert a whole bunch of 320 kbps mp3s to something like 64/128 wma format (only for playing in car journeys so retaining pristine sound quality is not a major issue).

Currently I have all the tracks I want to convert in one folder and within this folder I have sub-folders (by composer then into score titles). I want to be able to highlight the single, main folder and have a program that will gather all these tracks together.

Currently I use "mp3-wma converter" and it looks like I need to go into each folder one at a time, choosing as I go along, all the tracks within these individual folders.

For over 6,000 tracks, this could take some time!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    I have no experience with that particular program, but couldn't you try and drag and drop those folders from your explorer into the program window?

I have comparable programs with comparable limitations where that little trick saved me a lot of time!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    I have no experience with that particular program, but couldn't you try and drag and drop those folders from your explorer into the program window?

Cheers, Martijn!

I'd forgotten about doing it this way. I still need to drag-and-drop the files individually from Windows Explorer within each folder...but then I remembered that I had all the files I want to convert as a single big playlist in MediaMonkey - and I can drag-and-drop the playlist.

Now I need to see if the program can cope with all those tracks at once.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    I need moral guidance. Do I blow all my moneys on a refurbished iMac* or do I keep my money for sensible things like bills and food? I NEEDS MORAL GUIDANCE! I SUCK AT NOT SPENDING MONEYS!!! crazy

*Taking into account I have bought refurbished Apple products before and they're just like new, plus if I do buy a new computer, I effectively get it at half the price since I can purchase it through my Dad's business. So £1300 comes to roughly £650!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    What is £?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh christ, don't. You'll set Martijn off on one of his Euro-rants.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Oh christ, don't. You'll set Martijn off on one of his Euro-rants.

£'s?

Martijn works in Kilos.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The pound devaluating by the minute, I'd say get rid of as much of it as you possibly can before inflation raises prices to well over the six-figure numbers for simple daily needs.

For food and bills later you can always sell your body (as obviously payment in kind is the only way forward for the UK's splendid isolation economic policies).

Incidentally, we're closing down the Chunnel.
    We're more than annoyed enough having to deal with Belgium and Bulgaria without Iceland and the UK knocking at our doors looking for handouts.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    The pound devaluating by the minute, I'd say get rid of as much of it as you possibly can before inflation raises prices to well over the six-figure numbers for simple daily needs.

So you're giving me the green light? Honesty that's all I need. I was millimeters away from buying it as it was... god I'm weak. So very weak. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sure. The sooner the population is bankrupt, the sooner there'll be a revolution and a proper public clamour to join the EU.

The expense in lives is acceptable in the long run.

Go out and SPEND, dear boy. SPEND like there's no tomorrow!
    There's no work anyway. No jobs. No pay. No pensions. No banks. No savings. No investments.
    Spend! Spend laughingly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Incidentally I get the distinct impression that I might have written the most terrible of curses in ancient Sumerian here, and Steven'd still have somehow seen it as a nod of approval to get his toy thingy... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *sigh*

See what you have done Bregt!? DO YOU SEE!???
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    and it was you who ignited the touch paper explode
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's Brüno!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Et tu Bruno.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why don't you get the Mac Pro? For someone into audio technologies as you are, i'd consider; I am already considering for myself and my next upgrade 'cause i am hugely fed up with Microsoft's crap and windows.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Why don't you get the Mac Pro? For someone into audio technologies as you are, i'd consider; I am already considering for myself and my next upgrade 'cause i am hugely fed up with Microsoft's crap and windows.

A few reasons: First and foremost they're waaay too expensive (you don't even get a screen if you buy a Mac Pro! shocked ), even when bought through the business. Second to that I just like the iMac's space saving design. A 2.93GHz dual core processor plus 4GB of RAM is plenty for what I will use it for.

Also, for clarity's sake, I should explain that I think all Apple products are epically over-priced. But thankfully I don't have to pay the full price. Aww yeahh. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Screens are cheap. And you've seen its specs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...dude, the cheapest refurbished one is £2500, I simply can't afford it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But don't you get them at...other prices? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Only in dark theatres down the smallest alleys...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    From some bloke in a long coat called Fingers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    But don't you get them at...other prices? smile

Well, if you read what I said (wink), I get about half the price off. £2500 would still come to about £1250... that's about twice more than I could afford! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How can i get such prices dammnit? You're not my other other man anymore| angry kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Simple. Buy through a business that use computers (effectively any business these days). You just need to know someone who'll let you do it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmmm.....interesting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm still not quite sure how it works, but I think what my Dad does is he pays the full price initially and then somehow he gets the tax back and further business-related expenses back on top of that. At a given point, he only ends up paying a reduced amount to the original price.

All I know is I get cheap computers, so I'm happy. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Do you really need it Steven? I suppose you have a notebook right now too? Should it be replaced (already?). if not very necessary (as in, your work suffers from it) then I wouldn't buy one, even if it is really tempting. Also, what are the alternatives? I know you're an Apple fan, but notebooks can be cheap today. HP, Dell, Acer all offer good models for a cheaper prices. Ofcourse, it doesn't come with an apple like logo.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A couple of years back i'd share your sentiments, dear Bregt. But i am convinced that when it comes to professional needs (not sure this are Steven's right now, just talking more generally) there's nothing better than MacOs and windows have been causing me much stress throughout this year, i am really on the edge of shifting, no matter the financial cost.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Do you really need it Steven? I suppose you have a notebook right now too? Should it be replaced (already?). if not very necessary (as in, your work suffers from it) then I wouldn't buy one, even if it is really tempting. Also, what are the alternatives? I know you're an Apple fan, but notebooks can be cheap today. HP, Dell, Acer all offer good models for a cheaper prices. Ofcourse, it doesn't come with an apple like logo.

Trust me, the little voice in the back of my head is saying the same thing... but it really is a small voice amongst a crowd of noisier voices. biggrin shame