• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    Can't even begin telling you how glad i am that Turkey got fudged, really looking forward to the game today! Go Spain! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    Yes, lost pictures for a while. Lucky, lucky Germans! They'll never play so badly again and win.

Don't be so harsh, 2002 played Germany even worse and almost won the world cup. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can't even begin telling you how glad i am that Turkey got fudged, really looking forward to the game today! Go Spain! punk

Greeks and Turks.
    Some things never change. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yesterday people here in Greece celebrated Turkey's loss as it was ours, people were screaming in the streets and balconies!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad Greeks! wink

To be honest, the Dutch were pretty relieved as well, but that had mainly to do with the fact that Turkish celebrations take the form of Turks en masse taking to the streets in their cars, driving up and down urban areas at breakneck speed incessantly blaring their horns until the wee hours of the morning.

In fact, a new word was invented just these couple of days ago: "Toeterturken" ("Honking Turks").

Personally I didn't mind much, though. In fact, I think it's kinda nice to see a people being SO deliriously happy... but I CAN understand some annoyance in the more integrated urban areas where you really weren't able to get to sleep before 2 AM, and there were some incidents reported where Turks nearly ran down pedestrians in their blind jubilation, which of course is completely inexcusable.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Since England didn't even make it into the games this year, aside from on the news I've heard NOTHING about how it's going. I just heard the words ''semi-final'' yesterday and realised it was obviously almost over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    Spain.kicked.ass
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Spain.kicked.ass

They did and this was in no small part down to Fabregas, who only came on because Villa got injured. I hope for their sake he keeps his place for the Final because he was the best player on the pitch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, you'll be supporting SPAIN in the finals?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My natural instinct is to support whoever is playing against Germany, but since I picked them as winners in our Prediction Competition at work, I have a financial interest in them winning! It's been a unique experience, cheering on Germany victories, for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Caught the match last night... great performance by Spain! spin
  1. Southall wrote
    ...I have a financial interest in them winning...

Prepare to lose your money, James. Hope that it isn't your drinking money!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Congratulations to Spain and its followers/supporters.

The Spanish have been the better team without any doubt. There was a time in the second half when I thought we could come back into the game, but it wasn´t to be... That referee was a pain in the ass, but we played by far too bad, anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008
    Congrats to Spain.

Game was one of the worst i've seen in such an event as Euro though. Nerveless, boring, slow. Germany was virtually not there and Spain lost so many shots at goal, still i am glad they won 'cause Germany played no football at any case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008
    The match was broadcasted at about 12:00 AM here and I wasn't able to watch it... but I'll catch the highlights today evening. wink
  3. Well, we tend to win our matches by sheer force and sudden bursts of action. It´s rare to see real skill at work in the German team, but they are hard to deal with if they are in top form. This time, they were not. Most of their games sucked, and it´s a wonder how they always come so far. I absolutely agree that the better team won the cup, but it´s hard to get beaten again and again so close before the final win.