• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008
    So who's going to follow the entire championship?

I think our Dutch team deserves to win this time wink
  1. Our Dutch coach too biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well at least England can't lose! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Greece won the previous one (2004) but i don't think the current team set-up has what it takes to take them anywhere. I'll be watching closely and non-stop of course!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Yes. Poland serves as the sole representation of the British Isles biggrin
  3. I´m not a fan of sports TV in general; sometimes, if i catch it by chance, I´ll watch a bit of Snooker or Curling, but during the big football tournaments every two years I like to watch the games of my country, even if I am not too patriotic. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2008 edited
    I love it that the Euro Games always take place during an exam period. That way, I don't hear much about it and it's unable to annoy me. I love exams!

And obviously, our country with its strong unity, fails to even qualify for the EK, or any other big event.
    Kazoo
  4. France ! punk

I hate Domenech cause Thierry Henry, Abidal & Malouda will play, but at least we have Benzema to save us !!! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Soccer rules, euro rules. Always manages to make us not think our stupid problems and relax a bit for a while, takes the everyday stress away and it's lots of fun with lots of beer and pizza over with your friends. Although i am not a fanatic and i only watch major events like Champions League, World cup and Euro, still I never fully understood those who don't enjoy it (Europeans at least).
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Soccer

Never say that again ! vomit

NEVER !

It doesn't exist !

There's only Football... Nothing else !

punk

Other sports with the word "football" in it are FAKES... sleep cool biggrin biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    I never fully understood those who don't enjoy it (Europeans at least).

I cannot watch a soccer game without being bored. It's just not interesting. Impossible for me to be hooked, excited, even feel tension, it's just so damn slooow and bah, boring. Never had a thrill when there was an, according to other people, awesome goal. Let alone the fact that I don't know half of the rules.

I prefer a tennis match! But then, our Justine recently quite. sad

It's all pooked!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Soccer

NEVER !

It doesn't exist !

punk

Other sports with the word "football" in it are FAKES... sleep cool biggrin biggrin biggrin

Yeah!!!

Although India doesn't play in this, I am a football fan (and player, though not that good tongue ) and will definitely watch it. I caught almost every match in the FIFA 2006 World Cup even though it went on till about 2:00 AM out here, sometimes more... and I stayed awake the whole night to catch the final (and was rewarded with Zidane's headbutt scene cheesy ) though Dad fell asleep right next to me! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmmmm........confusion over the wordS? I meant soccer as in football as in yeah......FOOTBALL. Americans are the ones who screwed the word over wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I´ll be following it. Always interesting and we can watch really spectacular matches. Not an expert but I think Italy, England and Germany are always favourites. We´ll see. As for Spain, I really hope it gets out in the quarter finals as always. Always a big laugh in my face when this happens punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Popular thread, good.
  7. This afternoon : Czech Republic - Switzerland !

2 players I know very well coming from MY club (Olympique Lyonnais) =>

Our former forward Milan Baros (Czech), so disappointing, and Patrick Müller (Swiss) who didn't play any official match for the past 8 months (serious injury)...

biggrin
  8. Marselus wrote
    Not an expert but I think Italy, England and Germany are always favourites.

Only that England missed qualification this time. Quite shocking, I think... the Queen certainly was not amused. And yeah, we are always favourites, although there were some really, really bad tournaments for us in the last twenty or so years. It really depends on a lot of things. We can as easily do very well as we can fail on every level, and sometimes we won´t know which one it is until two or three games into the tournament. The last world cup two years ago was amazing. Our whole country was enchanted by it, and though we made 3rd place only, I think, as a people and country, we´ve won big time regarding to showing the world we´re a different generation now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote

Only that England missed qualification this time.

shame tongue
    I´m so used to see England in the final phase I didn´t even think if they made it this time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Soccer

NEVER !

It doesn't exist !

punk

With you 100% beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote

shame tongue
    I´m so used to see England in the final phase I didn´t even think if they made it this time.

Part of me is GLAD England aren't playing because that means I can sit back and enjoy it without seeing our dreams shattered by a penalty shoot out. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote

shame tongue

Part of me is GLAD England aren't playing because that means I can sit back and enjoy it without seeing our dreams shattered by a penalty shoot out. wink

Hehe, looking at the bright side of life don´t you? smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote

shame tongue

Hehe, looking at the bright side of life don´t you? smile

Either that or I'd end up crying biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Looking forward to the cup, even though Norway isn't participating. I'll be rooting for France, since I like their attacking football. I'm not too keen on Italy. Never have been.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    Italy is propably the best team. My favourite is Portugal. Greece is also one of my favourits.
  9. Switzerland 0-1 Czech Republic

Goal : V. Sverkos (70')

Little match... sad

Weak Swiss... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Enjoyed both games today, though the two teams in the second were both far stronger than the two in the first.

It's a really open tournament - I like that. Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and maybe Holland will all think they have a good chance. My money's on Germany but all six of those teams have good players and most of them play entertaining football too. Even the Germans - they score so many goals.
  10. It depends... I won´t bet on anything before our first game (tomorrow)...
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008
    You're team did well. But so will mine tonight wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2008 edited
    Yeah, they did, at least in the beginning and at the end. The middle section was a mess sometimes. During that phase, we could have easily been sacked by Poland. But we´re always quite slow at the beginning of a cup, getting stronger and stronger in time. I think it looks quite well, but I´m sorry for Poland who really did a great game, too. I think all in all, both sides had enough missed chances, and we were a bit lucky.

I´m just sad that some german hooligans enjoyed their own sport, but I loved seeing lots of celebrations with german and polish people singing and celebrating together.

Oh, and good luck for today, guys...

You´ll need it, muhaharrrr
  11. We Belgians are the smart ones, we know we would get our asses kicked and be totally humiliated, so what do we do? We let ourselves be humiliated in the preliminary rounds so that we aren't qualified!

Simple logic really smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh