• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    Thor wrote
    I LOVE that Arnold/Bassey song, no matter how many times I've heard it since it was recorded!

I think it's great! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    I just got the CD today, will hopefully be able to listen to it tonight. That Arnold song is going straight to a custom QoS album, with the End Crawl and the Bond theme (once I get the DVD) in it, and the Another Way to Die out asap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009
    Wow! I just read it now, about the 'rejected' song. Fantastic!
    Kazoo
  1. the rejected song is super, and superior over the song they used, which was / is crap vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    Impressive considering it was never rejected...just written after the film was made. wink
  2. Anthony wrote
    Impressive considering it was never rejected...just written after the film was made. wink

whatever, this was the direction to went to go by, not the mainstream crap they used
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited
    David Arnold let the cat out of the bag on Twitter this morning concerning a complete release of INDEPENDENCE DAY. Hours later MV Gerhard from La La Land confirmed it via FSM.

Like I needed another reason to hate Twitter? LOL

Well, yes -- the cat is out of the bag... or the alien is out of the ship, so to speak. ID4 is coming (and Giachinno fan, you just made me realize how old I am getting by not knowing what ID4 referred to -- lol) We are wrapping it up now.

Its a 2 disc set. 5000 units. $29.98 SRP

It's produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, supervised by Didier Deutsch at Sony Special Products.

I'll let you guys know a week in advance when it will be made available for order.

And, yes -- Mr. Arnold will be signing some at no extra charge.

Best,
    MV

shocked punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    WHOAH! I'm IN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    What about an expanded/complete score release to Die Another Day? Or The World is Not Enough?

PRETTY PLEASE?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Well, that's awesome news! I'm all in!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Awesome, but... 30$ ??!?!! shocked Am I glad the euro still stands strong.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Will the Euro still stand at that time? wink

Is a complete release better than the available one?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Rian wrote
    Awesome, but... 30$ ??!?!! shocked Am I glad the euro still stands strong.

I thought the euro was at it's weakest ever at the moment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not at all. The dollar and the pound are sadly less as insanely cheap as they used to be, but the Euro is still doing fine.
    So far.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, until Greece fucks it over.

Bring the Arnold package in!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Here's what I wrote at FSM regarding this announcement (surprisingly, there hasn't been a single personal offense in response to it yet!):

"La La Land, you know you're my favorite label out there in terms of the scores you choose to release (and especially the previously unreleased ones).

But ID4 is, like CUTTHROAT ISLAND a couple of years ago, a score that is already more than long enough in its original RCA format. It's a bombastic score that even sometimes wears out its welcome on the existing release, so a 2CD version would be pure and utter torture....as much as I like Arnold and as much as I think the score has some nice highlights. But then again, a release such as this is not aimed at me and my likeminded in the first place."
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, you're kinda asking for it wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed. I actually DARE to have a different preference! Oh, the horror! OH, THE HUMANITY!

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Great news! And in this case, a complete release will make the listening experience even better than on the regular album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Here's what I wrote at FSM regarding this announcement (surprisingly, there hasn't been a single personal offense in response to it yet!):

Because 1) It's the same old tired response from you and 2) Most people have you on their ignore list.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Indeed. I actually DARE to have a different preference! Oh, the horror! OH, THE HUMANITY!

wink

I honestly think you do this to get a rise out of people. Yes, you have a difference in opinion which is fine but you love it when people start shitting all over you. This has become more of a baiting tactic on your part.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    fommes wrote
    Great news! And in this case, a complete release will make the listening experience even better than on the regular album.

You speak the truth!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote

I think you may be on everyone's 'Ignore' list? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Thor wrote

Perhaps you're on everybody's ignore list!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn wrote
    fommes wrote

Apparently I am on yours? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

wink

I honestly think you do this to get a rise out of people. Yes, you have a difference in opinion which is fine but you love it when people start shitting all over you. This has become more of a baiting tactic on your part.

-Erik-

Think what you will, Dr. Phil. I just want to air my opinion on a release of a score I know, whether it is arranged to my taste or not. If I just wanted to get a rise out of people, I would have posted in far more announcement threads, including those C&C presentations of scores I have NO connection to!

I do think you have a point about the ignore list, though. On THAT particular point, I actually take pride in having alienated people who lack perspective and tolerance. Good riddance.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Think what you will, Dr. Phil. I just want to air my opinion on a release of a score I know, whether it is arranged to my taste or not. If I just wanted to get a rise out of people, I would have posted in far more announcement threads, including those C&C presentations of scores I have NO connection to!

Keep shoveling it, Thor. You know that the majority of people LOVE the ID4 score and you just couldn't wait to get your jab in. You love it, you thrive on it!

Thor wrote
    I do think you have a point about the ignore list, though. On THAT particular point, I actually take pride in having alienated people who lack perspective and tolerance. Good riddance.

Oh Thor! So sad!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    fommes wrote

Apparently I am on yours? uhm

Erik Woods wrote (way earlier)
    2) Most people have you on their ignore list.

And apparently Erik's on mine. shame
    Oops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Keep shoveling it, Thor. You know that the majority of people LOVE the ID4 score and you just couldn't wait to get your jab in. You love it, you thrive on it!

Listen, if I want your crappy psychotherapy, I'll ask for it, alright?

Thor wrote

Oh Thor! So sad!

Certainly no more than being so dense that you're unable to acknowledge that people are different and like different things. To me, you've pretty much always been part of that crowd, Erik, even though you don't have me on ignore at FSM (I presume). Überdefensive fanboy behaviour at its worst. THAT, my friend, is sad!
    I am extremely serious.